RemedySpot.com

Iodine discolouring around skin 'lesion'(?)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone,My son had what I thought was a big pimple developing on the top of his cheekbone under his eye. It became a slightly red lump which formed what looked like a graze (5ml in diameter) on top of the raised area which is larger but soft. I put some iodine on it and instead of turning yellow and then fading away it went a brown colour on the area over the lump. The grazed area did sting a little when the iodine went on. Then the light scab over the grazed area came away but it was slightly weepy and raw underneath. I put some more iodine on. The brown discolouration is still there. This has all happened in the space of a week. I hadn't noticed any lump on his cheekbone before this.

Does anyone know what it means when the iodine turns brown and stays instead of turning yellow and fading?Thank youFiona From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...> iodine Sent: Saturday, 18 February 2012 8:31 AM Subject: Re: Naturopath who doesn't want me to use iodine

Hi There (?),

Couple of suggestions. Before you go see her again, study The Guide to Supplementing with Iodine that is in our Files. You will then be able to educate her! You can also lend her Dr. Brownstein's book! If after that , she still doesn’t want you to take iodine, find a new Naturopath! Seriously!

Another suggestion; since Armour was reformulated, many folks are not having good results with it. I take Naturethroid which is also a Natural Thyroid Hormone and works very well. I take 3 grains a day , I also take Iodoral and have been doing this for years. Others report good results with the NTH, Erfa, that is from Canada. As a matter of fact, when one is on thyroid medication, it is very important to also take iodine along with the companion nutrients. Hope you are taking those too!

Again, if she is adamant that you stop iodine, she clearly has not been educated on the importance of iodine for every part of our body!

Kind regards,

Kathleen

Naturopath who doesn't want me to use iodine

Hello,After reading Dr. Brownstein's book, I decided to start supplementing with iodine 2 months ago. I'm still having some detox issue's (mostly acne) but I'm also sleeping so much better and my body temperature has risen a degree.I met with a naturopath as I know I have thyroid issues. She took some blood work and wants me to do a saliva test. She had me bring in all my supplements and asked me why I'm taking iodine. I have many issue's and I know my thyroid is one of them. She'd rather just treat me using Armour (if need to). Now I'm confused on what to do. I know there are so many benefits to using iodine and she doesn't seem supportive to me using it. She was pretty adament that I stop. Unfortunately I do not live in an area where there are many naturopath's. If she does have me on Armour, I have no idea how much iodine to take. I personally feel like I need to keep taking it. Any suggestions? Thanks!