RemedySpot.com

Re: Just started Lugol's 2.2%

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,You really need to be taking the companion supplements. They help keep things balanced as well as help with detox. When we take supplements in isolation, our bodies can become imbalanced. As far as how long before you will see results. That varies with each person depending on how much the body needs to heal.

in AlaskaOn Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM, tradingthenow <jyothsna.nair@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

First of all, I wish to thank all of you who have been posting here regarding the benefits of Iodine. I have been wanting to supplement with Iodine for years but never could find a source. I do not live in the States. When I finally got my hand on some Iodine, (cost me 50$ for a 2 oz bottle of 2% Lugol's), I realized that I must use it sparingly to make it last a while. I have been using 5 drops a day since 6th of March which equals 12.5 mg of iodine.

How long will it take to see the effects of it? I am not taking any accompanying nutrients except my multis...

I have PCOS but of late my menstrual periods have become regular (every 30 days instead of 60-90 days)due to some naturopathic protocol I had followed. I gained back the 25 pounds I lost during the protocol and need to lose it again. I have intense cravings for chocolate, sugar and carbs... and suffer from depression , lack of motivation and lethargy. Also my hair started graying at 23 and became rough and coarse since.

I am hoping desperately for the mental symptoms to get resolved with Iodine.. Also I am hoping for weight loss and the facial hair due to the PCOS to go away.

I had been having severe hip and joint pain in the lower body as well as lower back which seems to have mysteriously disappeared since I took the first does of Lugols? Coincidence or the effects of Iodine?

I really would like to hear back frm some of you on the average time it took for ur health to start improving from the start of supplementation. Also is there anyone else having success with just 12.5 mg>?

Guest guest

Hi there,

many years ago I obtained a book 'Food For Vitality' which taught about the prostaglandin cycle.

I learnt the how and why the prostaglandin cycle becomes disrupted, the results and symptoms, and a couple of avenues of correction.

In women it often produces the condition known as PMS. http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t & rct=j & q=symptoms%20of%20a%20disturbed%20prostaglandin%20cycle & source=web & cd=1 & ved=0CCYQFjAA & url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiro.org%2Fnutrition%2FFULL%2FPremenstrual_Syndrome.shtml & ei=Xw5dT5WuAqKRiQfOwrGaDQ & usg=AFQjCNGbFfDJWEVZ_eOGK4XsK2OCyZGNqg

Your problems indicate that you have a disrupted prostaglandin cycle. Iodine will help your overall health, but not fix that disruption.

The ideal approach is to deliberately change your foods to bring your omega 6 and omega 3 essential fatty acids intakes back into the ratio of approximately 6:1, and to ensure that the source of your intake is NOT refined - so no margarine or refined 'golden' cooking oils. and as much of your foods as you can afford to be organic.

The author suggested that in some cases a supplemental form of omega 6 oil could be of assistance - such as Evening Primrose Oil - if taken with a good 'pregnancy' multivitamin.

I tried this - and went from severe chocolate cravings to simply enjoying chocolate, from needing a family sized block to myself just to stop the shakes to actually being able to be satisfied with a square or two!

My lumpy breasts did not improve, however, until I began iodine supplementation.

If you wish to discuss this further there will be a thread in the Iodine OT forum.

Just started Lugol's 2.2%

Hi everyone, First of all, I wish to thank all of you who have been posting here regarding the benefits of Iodine. I have been wanting to supplement with Iodine for years but never could find a source. I do not live in the States. When I finally got my hand on some Iodine, (cost me 50$ for a 2 oz bottle of 2% Lugol's), I realized that I must use it sparingly to make it last a while. I have been using 5 drops a day since 6th of March which equals 12.5 mg of iodine. How long will it take to see the effects of it? I am not taking any accompanying nutrients except my multis... I have PCOS but of late my menstrual periods have become regular (every 30 days instead of 60-90 days)due to some naturopathic protocol I had followed. I gained back the 25 pounds I lost during the protocol and need to lose it again. I have intense cravings for chocolate, sugar and carbs... and suffer from depression , lack of motivation and lethargy. Also my hair started graying at 23 and became rough and coarse since. I am hoping desperately for the mental symptoms to get resolved with Iodine.. Also I am hoping for weight loss and the facial hair due to the PCOS to go away. I had been having severe hip and joint pain in the lower body as well as lower back which seems to have mysteriously disappeared since I took the first does of Lugols? Coincidence or the effects of Iodine? I really would like to hear back frm some of you on the average time it took for ur health to start improving from the start of supplementation. Also is there anyone else having success with just 12.5 mg>?

Guest guest

I have a friend who says that her PCOS symptoms got much better when she

completely cut out gluten. She would have a period one time in ten months, but

since cutting out the gluten they have started getting regular. She started

getting pains like you describe all through her body and is on some heavy-duty

medications to control the pain now. Just a thought, though, to try going

gluten free to see if it helps.

Viola

>

> Hi everyone,

>

> First of all, I wish to thank all of you who have been posting here regarding

the benefits of Iodine. I have been wanting to supplement with Iodine for years

but never could find a source. I do not live in the States. When I finally got

my hand on some Iodine, (cost me 50$ for a 2 oz bottle of 2% Lugol's), I

realized that I must use it sparingly to make it last a while. I have been using

5 drops a day since 6th of March which equals 12.5 mg of iodine.

>

> How long will it take to see the effects of it? I am not taking any

accompanying nutrients except my multis...

>

> I have PCOS but of late my menstrual periods have become regular (every 30

days instead of 60-90 days)due to some naturopathic protocol I had followed. I

gained back the 25 pounds I lost during the protocol and need to lose it again.

I have intense cravings for chocolate, sugar and carbs... and suffer from

depression , lack of motivation and lethargy. Also my hair started graying at 23

and became rough and coarse since.

>

> I am hoping desperately for the mental symptoms to get resolved with Iodine..

Also I am hoping for weight loss and the facial hair due to the PCOS to go away.

>

> I had been having severe hip and joint pain in the lower body as well as lower

back which seems to have mysteriously disappeared since I took the first does of

Lugols? Coincidence or the effects of Iodine?

>

> I really would like to hear back frm some of you on the average time it took

for ur health to start improving from the start of supplementation. Also is

there anyone else having success with just 12.5 mg>?

>

Guest guest

Hidden Jewel, Viola and , Thank you for ur replies.

After just a few days of taking 12.5 mg of Iodine in the form of Lugol's, I'm

starting to feel pretty lousy - fatigue and lethargy. I never usually have

trouble sleeping at night and nowadays I know I don't sleep deeply. As a result,

I am tired all through the day and crave coffee with sugar (I am supposed to

take no sugar due to

pcos). Also my period's now been delayed by a few days I believe due to the

Lugol's.

I am worried that the Iodine is making me hypothyroid. I believe I have read

somewhere that it can do that for a few weeks initially? I hope I am not

creating more trouble for myself than I initially was in. Last thing I need is

tiredness and feeling dead when I need to be applying for jobs and grad school.

I know I am not taking the accompanying vitamins... can this be due to that? I

want to buy them as soon as I have some money.

Please advice immediately... :(. I'm freaking out.

> >

> > Hi everyone,

> >

> > First of all, I wish to thank all of you who have been posting here

regarding the benefits of Iodine. I have been wanting to supplement with Iodine

for years but never could find a source. I do not live in the States. When I

finally got my hand on some Iodine, (cost me 50$ for a 2 oz bottle of 2%

Lugol's), I realized that I must use it sparingly to make it last a while. I

have been using 5 drops a day since 6th of March which equals 12.5 mg of iodine.

> >

> > How long will it take to see the effects of it? I am not taking any

> >

> > I have PCOS but of late my menstrual periods have become regular (every 30

depression , lack of motivation and lethargy. Also my hair started graying at 23

> >

> > I am hoping desperately for the mental symptoms to get resolved with

Iodine.. Also I am hoping for weight loss and the facial hair due to the PCOS to

go away.

> >

> > I had been having severe hip and joint pain in the lower body as well as

lower back which seems to have mysteriously disappeared since I took the first

does of Lugols? Coincidence or the effects of Iodine?

> >

> > I really would like to hear back frm some of you on the average time it took

for ur health to start improving from the start of supplementation. Also is

> >

>

Guest guest

If you're not taking the companion supplements, it's not advisable to take

iodine.

Linn

> > >

> > > Hi everyone,

> > >

> > > First of all, I wish to thank all of you who have been posting here

regarding the benefits of Iodine. I have been wanting to supplement with Iodine

for years but never could find a source. I do not live in the States. When I

finally got my hand on some Iodine, (cost me 50$ for a 2 oz bottle of 2%

Lugol's), I realized that I must use it sparingly to make it last a while. I

have been using 5 drops a day since 6th of March which equals 12.5 mg of iodine.

> > >

> > > How long will it take to see the effects of it? I am not taking any

> > >

> > > I have PCOS but of late my menstrual periods have become regular (every 30

> > >

> > > I am hoping desperately for the mental symptoms to get resolved with

Iodine.. Also I am hoping for weight loss and the facial hair due to the PCOS to

go away.

> > >

> > > I had been having severe hip and joint pain in the lower body as well as

lower back which seems to have mysteriously disappeared since I took the first

does of Lugols? Coincidence or the effects of Iodine?

> > >

> > > I really would like to hear back frm some of you on the average time it

took for ur health to start improving from the start of supplementation. Also is

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi,Not taking the companion nutrients can definitely cause issues. They are for helping keep things balanced in the body. Personally, I would not take iodine without them because over and over in my research of natural medicine I find that things need to be taken in balance.

Is PCOS an autoimmune disease? If so, a 6-week gluten-free trial definitely is something to highly consider.  in AlaskaOn Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 7:11 AM, tradingthenow <jyothsna.nair@...> wrote:

Hidden Jewel, Viola and , Thank you for ur replies.

After just a few days of taking 12.5 mg of Iodine in the form of Lugol's, I'm starting to feel pretty lousy - fatigue and lethargy. I never usually have trouble sleeping at night and nowadays I know I don't sleep deeply. As a result, I am tired all through the day and crave coffee with sugar (I am supposed to take no sugar due to

pcos). Also my period's now been delayed by a few days I believe due to the Lugol's.

I am worried that the Iodine is making me hypothyroid. I believe I have read somewhere that it can do that for a few weeks initially? I hope I am not creating more trouble for myself than I initially was in. Last thing I need is tiredness and feeling dead when I need to be applying for jobs and grad school.

I know I am not taking the accompanying vitamins... can this be due to that? I want to buy them as soon as I have some money.

Please advice immediately... :(. I'm freaking out.

> >

> > Hi everyone,

> >

> > First of all, I wish to thank all of you who have been posting here regarding the benefits of Iodine. I have been wanting to supplement with Iodine for years but never could find a source. I do not live in the States. When I finally got my hand on some Iodine, (cost me 50$ for a 2 oz bottle of 2% Lugol's), I realized that I must use it sparingly to make it last a while. I have been using 5 drops a day since 6th of March which equals 12.5 mg of iodine.

> >

> > How long will it take to see the effects of it? I am not taking any accompanying nutrients except my multis...

> >

> > I have PCOS but of late my menstrual periods have become regular (every 30 days instead of 60-90 days)due to some naturopathic protocol I had followed. I gained back the 25 pounds I lost during the protocol and need to lose it again. I have intense cravings for chocolate, sugar and carbs... and suffer from depression , lack of motivation and lethargy. Also my hair started graying at 23 and became rough and coarse since.

> >

> > I am hoping desperately for the mental symptoms to get resolved with Iodine.. Also I am hoping for weight loss and the facial hair due to the PCOS to go away.

> >

> > I had been having severe hip and joint pain in the lower body as well as lower back which seems to have mysteriously disappeared since I took the first does of Lugols? Coincidence or the effects of Iodine?

> >

> > I really would like to hear back frm some of you on the average time it took for ur health to start improving from the start of supplementation. Also is there anyone else having success with just 12.5 mg>?

> >

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi,I was stubborn and did not take the companion nutrients for a few days and I suffered the same lousy consequences.  Until I took it all together I felt great, the vit. C specially made a huge difference and the celtic salt with water.

Joanna U.

Guest guest

Joanna,

Can you please elaborate how you were feeling before you starting taking the

companion nutrients? How did u feel after?

Thanks

>

> Hi,

>

> I was stubborn and did not take the companion nutrients for a few days and

> I suffered the same lousy consequences. Until I took it all together I

> felt great, the vit. C specially made a huge difference and the celtic salt

> with water.

>

> Joanna U.

>

Guest guest

Hi, when I was taking Lugols alone I felt depressed, tired and did not want to get out of bed, I was dehydrated also for some reason and had trouble sleeping all through the night.  Then I started to have the plenty of salt vit. C, Selenium, magnesium and vitamin E.  After that I felt very energetic and did not even want to sit down to eat.  My skin was looking great and was sleeping long.

Joanna U.

Guest guest

That’s

fantastic, so you see how these supporting nutrients make such a difference.

Bonnie

Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012

12:38 AM

iodine

Subject: Re: Just started

Lugol's 2.2%

Hi, when

I was taking Lugols alone I felt depressed, tired and did not want to get out

of bed, I was dehydrated also for some reason and had trouble sleeping all

through the night. Then I started to have the plenty of salt vit. C,

Selenium, magnesium and vitamin E. After that I felt very energetic and

did not even want to sit down to eat. My skin was looking great and was