RemedySpot.com

Dr. Loretta Lanphier's posting yesterday...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello:

I was sure that when Dr. Lanphier posted

yesterday about blood tests NOT being accurate for hormone levels in response

to what Steph said, that I would be able to read more on the subject maybe from

Steph or someone else. Nothing appeared.

Does that mean it would have gone to the

Off Topic place and if so, how do I find this area?

Thanks,

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

I don’t see any discussion yet in the Iodine Off Topic Group. Here is the link, please join if you would like to.

IodineOT/

Best,

Kathleen

Dr. Loretta Lanphier's posting yesterday...

Hello:

I was sure that when Dr. Lanphier posted yesterday about blood tests NOT being accurate for hormone levels in response to what Steph said, that I would be able to read more on the subject maybe from Steph or someone else. Nothing appeared.

Does that mean it would have gone to the Off Topic place and if so, how do I find this area?

Thanks,

Bonnie

I’m not on the off-topic list. I wasn’t responding to , but to a post by . J Like I said in my post, there are practitioners who disagree (which happens often); however, many have never used saliva testing because that is not what they are taught. Some use both. I don’t require both but if someone has already had serum testing done, I like to compare the results with their saliva test and their symptoms. I believe that even the stop-the-thyroid-madness website doesn’t advocate saliva testing. However, when women have textbook symptoms of hormone imbalance and serum testing says their hormones are fine, then something is wrong. Most docs don’t do any more investigation but are quick to offer a script for an anti-depressant. Right now one in four American women are on some type of drug for depression, anxiety and/or stress. I believe a good percentage of this are women who could be helped with bioidentical hormone therapy as well as a whole body program, but serum testing says they are fine. All I can report is what I have seen with many, many clients over the years as well as my personal test results. All serum testing showed was that I was a bit high in estrogen of which my doctor said not to worry (ugh!); saliva test results were much different, which matched my symptoms exactly.I know this will be considered off-topic but we must realize that the sex hormones, the adrenals and the thyroid are like a three-legged stool. They must all be paid attention to especially if one is wobbly. Be WellDr.LFrom: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Bonnie ColeSent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:53 PMiodine Subject: Dr. Loretta Lanphier's posting yesterday... Hello: I was sure that when Dr. Lanphier posted yesterday about blood tests NOT being accurate for hormone levels in response to what Steph said, that I would be able to read more on the subject maybe from Steph or someone else. Nothing appeared. Does that mean it would have gone to the Off Topic place and if so, how do I find this area? Thanks,Bonnie