RemedySpot.com

[Bulk] Re: Bromism: Symptoms and Strategies against Bromide Detox while using Lugols Iodine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,What you say is so true. But the real problem, so far as I can see, is the difficulty for ordinary people actually in accessing information and the real truth as to the benefits of iodine. Thank goodness for the open research of The Iodine Project and other Orthomolecular researchers is all I can say. I must also congratulate you on your wonderful website, which is such a great help in spreading the proper knowledge to all sufferers of chronic iodine insufficiency. As to supporting the liver when ill, I also think that this is surely common sense approach since the liver is the main chemical factory of the body, a main excretory organ also involved in digestion and is crucial in most of the hormonal activities of the body. My own method of healing, such as it is, is to always protect support the body terrain with nutrients/herbs as well at the same time directly attacking or ridding the core problem with other nutrients. And one of the best ways of protecting the body as a preventative maintenance is to simply to support the intestines, liver and kidneys on a daily basis. I'm 61 y o and this is what I do for myself now. Modern medicine and research acknowledges no real usefulness or interest in preventative medicine. I also live in the Philippines in a small compound in the semi-provinces and behind my house is a small, poor shanty Filipino village by the sea. On occasion, Filipinos from the shanty have asked me for help for various illnesses and conditions. I have also helped treat expat Europeans with various problems. What arises here is a marked difference in opinion, attitude and acceptance between the expat white man and the ordinary poor Filipino who cannot afford private medical care. This can only be illustrated by telling a story. As an example, I had one older expat Englishman who had diabetes and bad gout. I advised taking an Ayurvedic herb called Heavenly Elixir (Tinospora cordifolia) in a simple decoction to help his diabetes. This herb grows widely for free within the area locally and I showed him the herb vine, how to prepare it and told him that he could buy it locally very cheaply in the wet market. A week later he came back and raved that this herb had completely removed all the gout pains in his toe and he had also been able to cut down on his meds for diabetes. Two months later, I asked this Englishman how it was going with using the herb and he said that he had stopped using it because there were "funny black bits that looked like fungus..." on the herb vine sticks. He was back on his meds full time and the gout pains had all returned. Truth is that he really wanted a nice convenient pill to take once or twice a day and really couldn't be bothered to go to all that trouble to prepare the herb for himself.I have also treated an old Filipino, amongst many others with problems, who had serious gallstones and gallbladder problems and who could not afford medical treatment. For this I advised a combination of Heavenly elixir and Chanca piedra (Phyllatnus niriri) and fresh Tumeric root in a decoction. These herbs all grow for free as garden plants or weeds in my area. I also showed him how to grow and prepare these herbs. Three months later, I bumped into him and he said that he was very happy because the gallstones had all been expelled and his gallbladder pains had gone and he also added, just in passing, that his prostate cancer pains (which he had never mentioned to me before) had also greatly improved. The news from this man's successful experience with these herbs also spread like wildfire throughout the shanty and now everyone there is growing and taking these useful tonic herbs. The marked difference in the attitude of the poor Filipino and the modern white man appears to be simply one of convenience. As well, the poor Filipino fully realizes that he or she has no other options, whereas the white man seems to believe that he has other medical options. But why do people still believe that the modern medical approach is an option to cure any auto-immune disease like diabetes, hyperthyroidism or hepatitis -- when it is quite clear that that they are unable to cure the core reasons for these illnesses ? A cure is what you want - Right ? -- Not a second-best accommodation where you will have to buy and purchase expensive drugs for the rest of your life. But I must admit that in all my research into many auto-immune diseases -- including thyroidism, I have never yet come across any research that has ever yet confirmed that convenience has cured anything whatsoever. And I really dislike recommending anything that I regard as a second best or an inferior option purely to accomodate inconvenience. Best regards,Bill :)

> > > >> > > > As promised, here is a more extensive explanation of Bromism -- or> > > > excess bromide arising in the blood from detox caused by> > supplementing> > > > lugol's iodine.> > > > First, here is a wonderful website that explains very simply the> > > > extensive mental and physical symptoms of excess bromide in the> > blood.> > > > Additonally, this website defines clear and easy strategies against> > the> > > > effects of bromide excess arising in the blood:> > > >> > http://breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html> > > > This link clearly defines the symptoms to might expect when you> > detox> > > > bromide from the body. It also clearly defines several successful> > and> > > > alternative detox strategies if these symptoms become unbearable.> > > > There appears to be much fear about Bromism symptoms which are all> > > > usually blamed quite unfairly on iodine. Certainly, Bromism can> > cause> > > > some awful symptoms -- some of the most common symptoms are listed> > here:> > > > * Depression (e.g., there is no reason to get out of bed)> > > > * Brain fog> > > > * Acne-like skin problems or rashes.> > > > * Leg and hip ache (feels like arthritis)> > > > * Brassy metallic taste in mouth> > > > * Odd swallowing sensation (reported in old medical literature as> > > > "swollen glottis")> > > > * Hair loss> > > > * Kidney pain> > > > * Breast tenderness> > > > The symptom list is way more extensive than above, but these seem> > to be> > > > the favourites.> > > > It must also be noted that all companion nutrients(defined in this> > link)> > > > <http://breastcancerchoices.org/iprotocol.html> must always be> > taken> > > > with LI for a swift recovery from iodine insufficiency problems.> > > > Excess bromide intake from diet interferes with the Sodium-Iodide> > > > Symporter(NIS) networks throughout the body. Every cell in the body> > > > needs iodine and the NIS networks help to both absorb the iodine> > into> > > > the blood from the intestines and also help to finally absorb the> > iodine> > > > from the blood into the cells. These NIS networks are very important> > and> > > > what excess bromide in the diet does is simply to interfere and> > block> > > > these iodine NIS absorption gradients in the body -- thus blocking> > > > iodine aborption. But, over time, when supplementing lugols iodine,> > the> > > > bromide is removed and goes straight into the blood in high> > > > concentrations. And the organs that must rid the body of bromide are> > the> > > > kidney and the liver. If these organs cannot cope and are under too> > much> > > > stress then other detox symptoms(as defined above) will arise. The> > > > important thing to remember here is that it is not the lugol's> > iodine> > > > causing these symptoms -- but the reason is excessive bromide in the> > > > blood and poor kidney excretion, which cannot remove the bromide> > fast> > > > enough. Bromide, after all, is a well-known toxin for the body> > whereas> > > > iodine, in the form of lugols, is beneficial.> > > > Best regards,> > > > Bill :)> > > >> > >> >>