RemedySpot.com

weight gain, iodine and exercise

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Lori,I agree with Jo about overexercising and eating too little. There is a lot of information out there that too much exercise can have the reverse effect that you really want. I used to do 3 hours of weights a week and run for an hour to an hour and a half 4 times each week. I found it really difficult to control my weight and I was always tired but I was on a vicious cycle thinking that if I decreased my exercising I would put on weight and become unfit. I have found the reverse to be true.Over time (partly because I had to because of a health crash due to a toxic marital relationship) I reduced that amount. I was freaking out that I would gain weight but the reverse happened.

It takes courage to stop doing so much and it can be a hard thing to do for those of us who become addicted and are fearful of gaining weight. And I still have the tendency to want to keep doing more. But I have found that even by doing as little as 30 -60 mins weights (Joyce Vedral 12 minutes a day weights) and two sessions of 12 minutes of sprints (using Dr Sear's PACE) and about 60 mins walking per week I have easily maintained the body shape I am happy with.I gained a little weight using iodine at first but started pulse dosing and using liver cleansing herbs and cut out dairy. I actually find that my weight doesn't really fluctuate beyond a kilo or two now unless I push up my dose of iodine too far and my body can't detox fast enough. Again, I find I have to work at not raising my iodine dose too high. Every time I take an excessive amount (which for me is

anything over 125mgs I think) it works great for a couple of days and I feel great but then I get tired, weak, lethargic and put on weight but I "forget" and still keep doing it every now and then. I tend to overdo things and have to work on moderation! Someone posted www.mirmethod.com a couple of weeks ago and I checked that out and have been doing that for about a week now which may help you as well. I want to thank who posted that. Fiona From: Jo <joannehampton@...> iodine Sent: Tuesday, 28 February 2012 5:00 AM Subject: Re: How long does iodine generally stay in the body?

Hi Lori

I can't answer your iodine question but I just wanted to comment on your exercise. Most trainers would advice at least one day of rest between exercise routines. Most of the benefit actually appears on the days off. Sounds to me like you have inflammation from the stress you are putting your body under. If you are also reducing your food intake the situation is worse. Google 'cardio makes you fat' for details. There are some recent studies showing the downsides of exercise. I would have a week off to recover (eat plenty of nutritious food) and work with your trainer to design a more moderate programme. Even pro athletes have a day off!!

Best wishes

Jo

>

> I haven't taken any iodine for nearly two months. I was suffering severe detox symptoms (only from 4 drops of 2% Lugol's per day for about two months) and swelling/weight gain (all in my upper body and stomach, that's it). I gained 16 pounds in two months, and in the two months following NOT taking a drop of iodine, I have yet to lose any of it and, premenstrually, I'm suffering the worst swelling in my breasts and stomach I've ever had.

>

> I am a personal trainer and I workout at an advanced level for over two hours a day, usually seven days a week. To gain this much weight in just my upper body (breasts and stomach) and not be able to lose it, is incredibly distressing. I've been concentrating on just healing my liver by taking magnesium, vit c, apple cider vinegar, and chlorophyll. I've removed nearly all sugar from my diet and have been generally eating very lightly throughout the day. Any attempts at a stronger liver detox have given me horrendous headaches and major swelling, so a mild and slow liver healing is all I can handle at the moment.

>

> How long does iodine stay in the body? Is the swelling I'm experiencing now still from the iodine that I stopped taking two months ago? Is there anything I can do to help this?

>

> After I feel confident in my liver healing, my plan is start back with the lugol's (and the companion nutrients), but much more slowly. I started iodine for scalp hair loss and fibrocystic breasts, neither of which improved at all while on the iodine and companion nutrients (probably because my detox pathways are so clogged and too low of a dose of iodine).

>

> Thanks,

> Lori

>