RemedySpot.com

dehydration and iodine?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18 mg).

I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next day I

had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29

I also had low urine output.

Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?

thank you,

celine

Guest guest

Are you drinking 1/2 your body weight in oz of water / day? Have you been sick recently? Engaged in physical activity in a warm climate that caused you to become dehydrated?

The body will not become dehydrated due to a nutrient intake. It is a function of the amount of fluids you are taking in. If you were retaining water and became swollen then I would say it may be a result of toxicity levels but not a lack of hydration.

Buist, ND HC

dehydration and iodine?

I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18 mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next day I had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celine

Guest guest

I am also feeling dehydrated. I'm drinking lots more water, but I've not been measuring to see if it's half my weight in ounces. I've been on 50 mgs of iodine for a year now, and I've developed dry eyes and dry mouth in the last three months. Dry eyes such that they are often red and I need drops each morning and evening, and dry mouth to the point that my tongue is irritated. The dry mouth is causing me to drink more water, and my urine output is matching. Is it the iodine? The only new thing is Naturethroid, but I've been on it for six months now. Is it just because I'm hypothyroid? I've not had this problem before. Thanks, a

Re: dehydration and iodine?

Posted by: " Buist, ND HC" stephaniebnd@... stephaniebnd

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 pm (PDT)

Are you drinking 1/2 your body weight in oz of water / day? Have you been sick recently? Engaged in physical activity in a warm climate that caused you to become dehydrated? The body will not become dehydrated due to a nutrient intake. It is a function of the amount of fluids you are taking in. If you were retaining water and became swollen then I would say it may be a result of toxicity levels but not a lack of hydration. Buist, ND HC dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18 mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next day I had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celine

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

Guest guest

Hello a,

Dry mouth can be a symptom of bromide detox, dry eyes is not on the list of bromide detox, however, there are most likely other detox symptoms that are not on the lists. Are you taking the companion nutrients? They are very important to take while taking iodine. They are written about in the Guide to Supplementing with Iodine in our files. You could try a salt loading to see if it helps with your dry symptoms.

Kind regards,

Kathleen

dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18 mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next day I had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celine

Guest guest

Is there a connection with the dehydration and your salt intake? in AlaskaOn Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM, a Poppe <ppoppe@...> wrote:

I am also feeling dehydrated.  I'm drinking lots more water, but I've not been measuring to see if it's half my weight in ounces.  I've been on 50 mgs of iodine for a year now, and I've developed dry eyes and dry mouth in the last three months.  Dry eyes such that they are often red and I need drops each morning and evening, and dry mouth to the point that my tongue is irritated.  The dry mouth is causing me to drink more water, and my urine output is matching.  Is it the iodine?  The only new thing is Naturethroid, but I've been on it for six months now.  Is it just because I'm hypothyroid?  I've not had this problem before.    Thanks,  a

Re: dehydration and iodine?

Posted by: " Buist, ND HC " stephaniebnd@... stephaniebnd

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 pm (PDT)

Are you drinking 1/2 your body weight in oz of water / day? Have you been sick recently? Engaged in physical activity in a warm climate that caused you to become dehydrated? The body will not become dehydrated due to a nutrient intake. It is a function of the amount of fluids you are taking in. If you were retaining water and became swollen then I would say it may be a result of toxicity levels but not a lack of hydration. Buist, ND HC dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18 mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next day I had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celine

Guest guest

Have you saliva tested your sex hormones….especially cortisol levels? The adrenal glands produce hormones that play a role in electrolyte balance, blood pressure regulation and the maintenance of normal blood volume. 's disease occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough cortisol. Cortisol plays a role in the body's response to stress. 's disease has been reported to causes low levels of sodium, carbon dioxide and chloride in the blood.Some of the causes of a low bicarbonate level include: ’s diseaseChronic diarrheaDiabetic ketoacidosisMetabolic acidosisKidney diseaseEthylene glycol or methanol poisoningSalicylate (aspirin) overdoseBe WellDr.LFrom: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Kathleen BlakeSent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:34 PMiodine Subject: Re: Re: dehydration and iodine? Hello a, Dry mouth can be a symptom of bromide detox, dry eyes is not on the list of bromide detox, however, there are most likely other detox symptoms that are not on the lists. Are you taking the companion nutrients? They are very important to take while taking iodine. They are written about in the Guide to Supplementing with Iodine in our files. You could try a salt loading to see if it helps with your dry symptoms.Kind regards,Kathleenmoderator dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18 mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next day I had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celine

Guest guest

I am taking all the companion nutrients, but sometimes I forget the salt.

I also just had the saliva test done for sex hormones and adrenals. My naturopath said that it looked like my adrenals had improved, but they are still not where they should be. She didn't use adjectives like "severe" when talking about my adrenals on my test last year, or this year. I am on adrenal support supplements, and the C and salt with the iodine protocol. I can't find my saliva report this morning, but when I do, what should I look for that might tell me if I'm heading towards s, or not, Loretta? At what point do you consider going on cortisol supplementation? Also, I'm not diabetic, but I am insulin resistant and about 40 lbs overweight.

a

Posted by: "Dr. Loretta Lanphier" drlanphier@... lanphierfamily

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:22 pm (PDT)

Have you saliva tested your sex hormones..especially cortisol levels? Theadrenal glands produce hormones that play a role in electrolyte balance,blood pressure regulation and the maintenance of normal blood volume.'s disease occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enoughcortisol. Cortisol plays a role in the body's response to stress. 'sdisease has been reported to causes low levels of sodium, carbon dioxide andchloride in the blood.Some of the causes of a low bicarbonate level include: * 's disease* Chronic diarrhea* Diabetic ketoacidosis* Metabolic acidosis* Kidney disease* Ethylene glycol or methanol poisoning* Salicylate (aspirin) overdoseBe WellDr.LFrom: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf OfKathleen BlakeSent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:34 PMiodine Subject: Re: Re: dehydration and iodine?Hello a,Dry mouth can be a symptom of bromide detox, dry eyes is not on the listof bromide detox, however, there are most likely other detox symptoms thatare not on the lists. Are you taking the companion nutrients? They are veryimportant to take while taking iodine. They are written about in the Guideto Supplementing with Iodine in our files. You could try a salt loading tosee if it helps with your dry symptoms.Kind regards,Kathleenmoderator dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next dayI had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celine

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (5)

Guest guest

Dry eyes and dry mouth are a confirming characteristic of Sjogrens Syndrom. A

very common, but very under diagnosed condition, second only to Rhumatoid

arthritis, and I bet you have a few friends who have R.A but yiou have never

been told about Sjogrens.. It is an auto-immune condition where the body attacks

the secretary glands and membranes of the body. So dry eye's (tears), nose

(snot), mouth (salivary), even ears . Plus dry vagina, dry skin and dry sections

of the bowel leading to IBS type symptoms. Also chronic fatigue and depression

is a symptom, with joint and muscle pain that is similar to arthritis.

Most of the above symptoms can be covered by other diagnosis, for me the nose

and mouth came under hayfever and sleeping with my mouth open, the gut problems

were IBS, dry vagina was 'my age'. Dry skin was'just because' the fatigue was,

'not enough exercise' and the depression was not enough exercise and being a

carer. And not forgetting the 'oh, its the change, your starting the menopause,

you should be fine in a few years, at most 10 years'.

G.

>

>

>

> I am also feeling dehydrated. I'm drinking lots more water, but I've not been

measuring to see if it's half my weight in ounces. I've been on 50 mgs of

iodine for a year now, and I've developed dry eyes and dry mouth in the last

three months. Dry eyes such that they are often red and I need drops each

morning and evening, and dry mouth to the point that my tongue is irritated.

The dry mouth is causing me to drink more water, and my urine output is

matching. Is it the iodine? The only new thing is Naturethroid, but I've been

on it for six months now. Is it just because I'm hypothyroid? I've not had

this problem before. Thanks, a

>

>

> Re: dehydration and iodine?

> Posted by: " Buist, ND HC " stephaniebnd@... stephaniebnd

> Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 pm (PDT)

>

>

> Are you drinking 1/2 your body weight in oz of water / day? Have you been sick

recently? Engaged in physical activity in a warm climate that caused you to

become dehydrated?

>

> The body will not become dehydrated due to a nutrient intake. It is a function

of the amount of fluids you are taking in. If you were retaining water and

became swollen then I would say it may be a result of toxicity levels but not a

lack of hydration.

>

> Buist, ND HC

>

> dehydration and iodine?

>

> I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18

mg).

>

> I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next day I

had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29

>

> I also had low urine output.

>

> Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?

>

> thank you,

>

> celine

>

>

> Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

>

Guest guest

Wait, are you guys seriously suggesting that we drink half our body weight in oz per day? I had heard that even the recommended 8 8-oz glasses per day was too much, that you should just drink when you are thirsty. Otherwise, you can seriously deplete your electrolytes. 64 oz of water would be for somebody who weighs 120 lbs. I weigh 266 lbs (this morning). As much as I drink a ton of water, I couldn't possibly drink 133 oz of water/day!-AngieOn Mar 18, 2012, at 10:22 PM, a Poppe wrote: I am also feeling dehydrated. I'm drinking lots more water, but I've not been measuring to see if it's half my weight in ounces. I've been on 50 mgs of iodine for a year now, and I've developed dry eyes and dry mouth in the last three months. Dry eyes such that they are often red and I need drops each morning and evening, and dry mouth to the point that my tongue is irritated. The dry mouth is causing me to drink more water, and my urine output is matching. Is it the iodine? The only new thing is Naturethroid, but I've been on it for six months now. Is it just because I'm hypothyroid? I've not had this problem before. Thanks, a Re: dehydration and iodine? Posted by: " Buist, ND HC" stephaniebnd@... stephaniebnd Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 pm (PDT) Are you drinking 1/2 your body weight in oz of water / day? Have you been sick recently? Engaged in physical activity in a warm climate that caused you to become dehydrated? The body will not become dehydrated due to a nutrient intake. It is a function of the amount of fluids you are taking in. If you were retaining water and became swollen then I would say it may be a result of toxicity levels but not a lack of hydration. Buist, ND HC dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18 mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next day I had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celine Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post -Angie"The greatest threat to the Republic is that people rarely question the authenticity of political quotes at the bottoms of emails" - Jefferson

Guest guest

a, I would ask if you have had your electrolytes tested recently (salt and potassium). -AngieOn Mar 18, 2012, at 10:22 PM, a Poppe wrote: I am also feeling dehydrated. I'm drinking lots more water, but I've not been measuring to see if it's half my weight in ounces. I've been on 50 mgs of iodine for a year now, and I've developed dry eyes and dry mouth in the last three months. Dry eyes such that they are often red and I need drops each morning and evening, and dry mouth to the point that my tongue is irritated. The dry mouth is causing me to drink more water, and my urine output is matching. Is it the iodine? The only new thing is Naturethroid, but I've been on it for six months now. Is it just because I'm hypothyroid? I've not had this problem before. Thanks, a Re: dehydration and iodine? Posted by: " Buist, ND HC" stephaniebnd@... stephaniebnd Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 pm (PDT) Are you drinking 1/2 your body weight in oz of water / day? Have you been sick recently? Engaged in physical activity in a warm climate that caused you to become dehydrated? The body will not become dehydrated due to a nutrient intake. It is a function of the amount of fluids you are taking in. If you were retaining water and became swollen then I would say it may be a result of toxicity levels but not a lack of hydration. Buist, ND HC dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18 mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next day I had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celine Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post -Angie"The greatest threat to the Republic is that people rarely question the authenticity of political quotes at the bottoms of emails" - Jefferson

Guest guest

Yes Angie, half our body weight in ounces. Read Your Body's Many Cries for Water :

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Bodys-Many-Cries-Water/dp/0970245882/ref=sr_1_1?s=books & ie=UTF8 & qid=1332188560 & sr=1-1

The author explains in scientific and practical terms why this is so very important! The idea is to drink a few ounces each half hour throughout the day. One is not supposed to drink this all at once. What I do is fill up a pitcher of water with the amount I need daily ( I weigh 140 lbs so that is 70 ounces), and make sure I drink a few ounces throughout the day. You will be surprised how this is very doable. Especially while on the iodine protocol; the unrefined celtic sea salt we take is full of important balanced minerals, and the salt along with the proper amount of water helps the kidneys flush out the bromide and other toxic halides from our system.

Kind regards,

Kathleen

Moderator, Iodine Group

dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18 mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next day I had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celine

-Angie

"The greatest threat to the Republic is that people rarely question the authenticity of political quotes at the bottoms of emails" - Jefferson

Guest guest

This is fascinating. I have had that book on my " want to get " list for some

time. I finally purchased STTM by Janie and Cure Tooth Decay

by Ramiel Nigel (both are amazing) with tax return. I wanted to get Your Body's

Many Cries for Water, but decided against it in favor of getting labs and

nutrients to heal! LOL ;)

I might just make that an Easter present to my family.

~Jess

Guest guest

Hi aIf your cortisol levels are improving, I would not suggest cortisol. Most likely ’s disease is not something to be concerned about – I was mainly addressing Celine’s post about low bicarbonate levels which I mistakenly “thought” was one of your posts. Sorry to get them confused.Other than adrenal support supplements what else are you doing for your stress levels? This is one area in which most people must incorporate “outside activities” as I like to call them as well as supplements/hormones in order to heal the adrenals. Examples would be going to bed by 10:00 PM every night, exercising, very healthy diet, adequate sunshine, hobbies, working on negative emotions, past wrongs, victim mentality, etc. Also, cleansing the liver and keeping it clean is of utmost importance. Keep in mind that it can take a long time for the adrenals to completely heal. As far as dry eyes and dry mouth, are your progesterone and estrogen levels in the correct ratio? Dryness in the body can be the result of estrogen deficiency but it can also be a result of too much stress (personal experience) as well as a symptom of peri-menopause and post-menopause. Are you getting enough healthy oils such as flax seed, coconut, hemp seed, etc. I suggest that women consume 2 tablespoons a day of these oils into an organic fruit smoothie to help with dryness. Personally, I use Udo’s Choice Oil Blend and this is also the oil that I used while fighting cancer. And healthy oils can help with weight loss. I would also suggest a natural Vitamin E with mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols to help with dryness. Drinking water with lemon can increase saliva production. Some have found that drinking herbal green teas throughout the day also helps.Be aware of Sjogren's syndrome which is a disorder of the immune system identified by its two most common symptoms — dry eyes and a dry mouth. Sjogren's syndrome often accompanies other immune-system disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. In Sjogren's syndrome, the mucous membranes and moisture-secreting glands of your eyes and mouth are usually affected first — resulting in decreased production of tears and saliva. Although one can develop Sjogren's syndrome at any age, most people are older than 40 at the time of diagnosis. The condition is much more common in women. Treatment focuses on relieving symptoms, which often subside with time. Be WellDr.L From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of a PoppeSent: Monday, March 19, 2012 6:57 AMiodine Subject: Re: dehydration and iodine? I am taking all the companion nutrients, but sometimes I forget the salt. I also just had the saliva test done for sex hormones and adrenals. My naturopath said that it looked like my adrenals had improved, but they are still not where they should be. She didn't use adjectives like " severe " when talking about my adrenals on my test last year, or this year. I am on adrenal support supplements, and the C and salt with the iodine protocol. I can't find my saliva report this morning, but when I do, what should I look for that might tell me if I'm heading towards s, or not, Loretta? At what point do you consider going on cortisol supplementation? Also, I'm not diabetic, but I am insulin resistant and about 40 lbs overweight. a Posted by: " Dr. Loretta Lanphier " drlanphier@... lanphierfamily Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:22 pm (PDT) Have you saliva tested your sex hormones..especially cortisol levels? Theadrenal glands produce hormones that play a role in electrolyte balance,blood pressure regulation and the maintenance of normal blood volume.'s disease occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enoughcortisol. Cortisol plays a role in the body's response to stress. 'sdisease has been reported to causes low levels of sodium, carbon dioxide andchloride in the blood.Some of the causes of a low bicarbonate level include: * 's disease* Chronic diarrhea* Diabetic ketoacidosis* Metabolic acidosis* Kidney disease* Ethylene glycol or methanol poisoning* Salicylate (aspirin) overdoseBe WellDr.LFrom: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf OfKathleen BlakeSent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:34 PMiodine Subject: Re: Re: dehydration and iodine?Hello a,Dry mouth can be a symptom of bromide detox, dry eyes is not on the listof bromide detox, however, there are most likely other detox symptoms thatare not on the lists. Are you taking the companion nutrients? They are veryimportant to take while taking iodine. They are written about in the Guideto Supplementing with Iodine in our files. You could try a salt loading tosee if it helps with your dry symptoms.Kind regards,Kathleenmoderator dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next dayI had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celineBack to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (5)

Guest guest

Just a note not the Sjogren's. It does not always get better and it can wreak great havoc with much more than the eyes and mouth. in AlaskaOn Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier@...> wrote:

Be aware of Sjogren's syndrome which is a disorder of the immune system identified by its two most common symptoms — dry eyes and a dry mouth.  Sjogren's syndrome often accompanies other immune-system disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.  In Sjogren's syndrome, the mucous membranes and moisture-secreting glands of your eyes and mouth are usually affected first — resulting in decreased production of tears and saliva. Although one can develop Sjogren's syndrome at any age, most people are older than 40 at the time of diagnosis. The condition is much more common in women. Treatment focuses on relieving symptoms, which often subside with time.

Be WellDr.L 

Guest guest

I hope the author also advises people to take lots of salt, because drinking copious amounts of water without also upping the salt is the fast track to dehydration. -AngieOn Mar 19, 2012, at 4:26 PM, Kathleen Blake wrote: Yes Angie, half our body weight in ounces. Read Your Body's Many Cries for Water : http://www.amazon.com/Your-Bodys-Many-Cries-Water/dp/0970245882/ref=sr_1_1?s=books & ie=UTF8 & qid=1332188560 & sr=1-1 The author explains in scientific and practical terms why this is so very important! The idea is to drink a few ounces each half hour throughout the day. One is not supposed to drink this all at once. What I do is fill up a pitcher of water with the amount I need daily ( I weigh 140 lbs so that is 70 ounces), and make sure I drink a few ounces throughout the day. You will be surprised how this is very doable. Especially while on the iodine protocol; the unrefined celtic sea salt we take is full of important balanced minerals, and the salt along with the proper amount of water helps the kidneys flush out the bromide and other toxic halides from our system. Kind regards, Kathleen Moderator, Iodine Group dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18 mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next day I had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celine Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post -Angie "The greatest threat to the Republic is that people rarely question the authenticity of political quotes at the bottoms of emails" - Jefferson -Angie"The greatest threat to the Republic is that people rarely question the authenticity of political quotes at the bottoms of emails" - Jefferson

Guest guest

Thanks, Loretta, and ladies, for all of your suggestions. I looked up s after my last reply and realized I was not going in that direction! As far as stress is concerned, I try to keep my life as quiet as possible, with four kids still at home and homeschooling. I'm sure I can improve some things in that area. I am taking herbs, salt and C for adrenal support, as well as DHEA.

I'm not sure what my prog/estr ratio is, but I know they won't give me estrogen because I had a blood clot post surgery. I'm 50 and in menopause - so maybe that's one contributing factor, as you suggest. I've cut out coffee and am drinking lots more water, just to rule out dehydration. I cook with virgin coconut oil and take krill oil faithfully.

I'll do some research on Sjogren's. Besides dry mouth and eyes, the only other symptom I have is some joint pain. I do have Hashi's, as one auto-immune condition can lead to another. From the quick look I took at the symptoms, it seems that Rheumatoid Arthritis most commonly held hands with Sjogrens. I'll be reading more....

I'll look into having my electrolites tested too.

Thanks for your help,

a

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:00 pm (PDT)

Hi aIf your cortisol levels are improving, I would not suggest cortisol. Mostlikely 's disease is not something to be concerned about - I wasmainly addressing Celine's post about low bicarbonate levels which Imistakenly "thought" was one of your posts. Sorry to get them confused.Other than adrenal support supplements what else are you doing for yourstress levels? This is one area in which most people must incorporate"outside activities" as I like to call them as well as supplements/hormonesin order to heal the adrenals. Examples would be going to bed by 10:00 PMevery night, exercising, very healthy diet, adequate sunshine, hobbies,working on negative emotions, past wrongs, victim mentality, etc. Also,cleansing the liver and keeping it clean is of utmost importance. Keep inmind that it can take a long time for the adrenals to completely heal.As far as dry eyes and dry mouth, are your progesterone and estrogen levelsin the correct ratio? Dryness in the body can be the result of estrogendeficiency but it can also be a result of too much stress (personalexperience) as well as a symptom of peri-menopause and post-menopause. Areyou getting enough healthy oils such as flax seed, coconut, hemp seed, etc.I suggest that women consume 2 tablespoons a day of these oils into anorganic fruit smoothie to help with dryness. Personally, I use Udo's ChoiceOil Blend and this is also the oil that I used while fighting cancer. Andhealthy oils can help with weight loss. I would also suggest a naturalVitamin E with mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols to help with dryness.Drinking water with lemon can increase saliva production. Some have foundthat drinking herbal green teas throughout the day also helps.Be aware of Sjogren's syndrome which is a disorder of the immune systemidentified by its two most common symptoms - dry eyes and a dry mouth.Sjogren's syndrome often accompanies other immune-system disorders, such asrheumatoid arthritis and lupus. In Sjogren's syndrome, the mucous membranesand moisture-secreting glands of your eyes and mouth are usually affectedfirst - resulting in decreased production of tears and saliva. Although onecan develop Sjogren's syndrome at any age, most people are older than 40 atthe time of diagnosis. The condition is much more common in women. Treatmentfocuses on relieving symptoms, which often subside with time. Be WellDr.LFrom: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Ofa PoppeSent: Monday, March 19, 2012 6:57 AMiodine Subject: Re: dehydration and iodine?I am taking all the companion nutrients, but sometimes I forget the salt. I also just had the saliva test done for sex hormones and adrenals. Mynaturopath said that it looked like my adrenals had improved, but they arestill not where they should be. She didn't use adjectives like "severe"when talking about my adrenals on my test last year, or this year. I am onadrenal support supplements, and the C and salt with the iodine protocol. Ican't find my saliva report this morning, but when I do, what should I lookfor that might tell me if I'm heading towards s, or not, Loretta? Atwhat point do you consider going on cortisol supplementation? Also, I'm notdiabetic, but I am insulin resistant and about 40 lbs overweight. aPosted by: "Dr. Loretta Lanphier"<mailto:drlanphieroasisadvancedwellness?Subject=%20Re%3A%20dehydration%20and%20iodine%3F> drlanphieroasisadvancedwellness<http://profiles./lanphierfamily> lanphierfamily Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:22 pm (PDT) Have you saliva tested your sex hormones..especially cortisol levels? Theadrenal glands produce hormones that play a role in electrolyte balance,blood pressure regulation and the maintenance of normal blood volume.'s disease occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enoughcortisol. Cortisol plays a role in the body's response to stress. 'sdisease has been reported to causes low levels of sodium, carbon dioxide andchloride in the blood.Some of the causes of a low bicarbonate level include: * 's disease* Chronic diarrhea* Diabetic ketoacidosis* Metabolic acidosis* Kidney disease* Ethylene glycol or methanol poisoning* Salicylate (aspirin) overdoseBe WellDr.LFrom: <mailto:iodine%40> iodine [mailto:<mailto:iodine%40> iodine ] On Behalf OfKathleen BlakeSent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:34 PM<mailto:iodine%40> iodine Subject: Re: Re: dehydration and iodine?Hello a,Dry mouth can be a symptom of bromide detox, dry eyes is not on the listof bromide detox, however, there are most likely other detox symptoms thatare not on the lists. Are you taking the companion nutrients? They are veryimportant to take while taking iodine. They are written about in the Guideto Supplementing with Iodine in our files. You could try a salt loading tosee if it helps with your dry symptoms.Kind regards,Kathleenmoderator dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next dayI had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celineBack to top <mailto:drlanphieroasisadvancedwellness?Subject=Re%3A%20dehydration%20and%20iodine%3F> Reply to sender |<mailto:iodine ?Subject=%20Re%3A%20dehydration%20and%20iodine%3F> Reply to group |<iodine/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJza3FhNXVtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE3MDE1NTMxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MTEwNARtc2dJZAM4OTgxMARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzMyMTQ0MzMw?act=reply & messageNum=89810> Reply viaweb post <iodine/message/89763;_ylc=X3oDMTM4YTluZXVsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE3MDE1NTMxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MTEwNARtc2dJZAM4OTgxMARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzMyMTQ0MzMwBHRwY0lkAzg5NzYz> Messages inthis topic (5)

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (14)

Guest guest

Not true, I've been drinking approximately a gallon of water daily for many

years. Waiting until one is thirsty is a bad idea, thirst is a late symptom of

dehydration, the author is talking about a cellular level. We're talking about

the entire day, not consuming large quantities at once. Here's a tad more info,

an excerpt from Dr. Tim O'Shea's Water chapter (www.thedoctorwithin.com/water):

An odd little book was published in 1994 that made quite a stir: The Body's Many

Cries for Water, by an MD named Batmanghelidj. A claim is made by this doctor

that the cause of most diseases is simply dehydration. Dr. B provides the

reasoning as well as dozens of case studies to support the cure of a variety of

illnesses by simply drinking between two and three liters of water per day.

Doubting such a theory because of its overwhelming simplicity, the reader is

shown that physiologically, it makes perfect sense. As Dr B points out, dry

mouth is a late sign of thirst. Saliva is produced even in chronic dehydration,

because it is a digestive enzyme. Thirst, or the need for water on the cellular

level is something entirely different. Chronic dehydration brings its own

symptoms, which we have been conditioned to cover up, either with food or with

drugs. Here are a few examples of dehydration signals:

SYMPTOM ——- USUAL REMEDY

* peptic ulcer

* antacids

* craving sweets

* sugar

* depression

* antidepressant drugs

* allergies

* antihistamines

Dr B reports his successful treatment of 3000 peptic ulcer patients using water

alone. Anecdotal? He explains how ulcer pain is really a thirst signal. It

actually makes sense: if the intestine is too dehydrated to adequately refresh

its mucus lining every time after the acidic products of digestion have passed

by, the lining will become irritated and painful. The intestine is not protected

from digestive acid like the stomach is. Antacids will only temporarily cover up

the problem. Rehydrating the tract will enable to intestine to form adequate

mucous lining, thus reducing acid irritation. (p31)

Similarly with depression, allergies, asthma, arthritis, diabetes, and addiction

to sweets, Dr. Batmanghelidj shows how balancing the extracellular fluids and

lowering the concentration of the blood to a more normal dilution can bring

consistent resolution to these and many other illnesses.

It's almost too simple. But Dr. B takes the reader through the physiology of

each illness. His premise is hard to deny.

Obviously such an approach is not going to gain the favor of the drug cartels;

here's a guy telling people they don't need heart medication and diuretics and

insulin and Prozac and Viagra and pain drugs any more. All they really need is

two liters of water per day. What if he's right and people find out about it?

The drug business is the foundation our $1.5 trillion medical budget. See the

dangers?

So of course the good doctor ran into some formidable stone walls when he tried

to get attention and funding from the AMA and other mainstream institutions for

researching his theories. He was politely ignored. But a lot of people are

buying the book.

DIURETICS? TRY WATER!

Most people don't seem to know the word diuretic; but they know what a blood

thinner is.

Batmanghelidj's views on treating high blood pressure with diuretics can't

really be argued. He explains that the whole mainstream theory is based on a

false premise: doctors say Oh, you have high blood pressure? Too much blood, too

much fluid in the body. Take these drugs to make you get rid of water, thin out

the blood a little. That'll take the strain off your heart so it won't have to

work so hard.

Amazingly most people believe this appalling distortion of physiological reality

and take their pills like good little patients. Then they have their heart

attacks on schedule and go in for bypass, like good little lemmings, keeping

heart disease as the #1 killer of Americans for the past three decades.

Batmanghelidj points out the obvious: diuretics increase dehydration. They make

you lose more water. But the original cause of the high blood pressure in the

first place was loss of fluids. The less fluids, the more the blood vessels

close up. Obviously the blood vessels can't leave room for gas when blood volume

is decreased. So the blood vessels naturally constrict, or close up, with less

blood volume. The constriction is what causes high blood pressure – it's harder

to push water through a thin garden hose than a thick one.

Also the less fluids, the more concentrated the blood becomes. And this triggers

the blood vessels to close down a little more, in order to prevent what? Water

loss.

By adding more water to the system, the heart won't be so desperate to hang onto

both sodium and water. Increased blood volume, and also making the blood more

dilute, will relax the vessels and open them up wider. Such a simple method

consistently lowers blood pressure, on a long-term basis.

The amazing thing is not that this is so absurdly simple; it's that the people

we entrust our health to could possibly miss something as fundamental as

hydration. What about the complicated stuff?

Either Dr. Batmanghelidj is right or the HMO doctors selling Lopressor and

Cardizem are right. Can't be both.

EVEN GOOD CHOLESTEROL CAN BE BAD IF THE BODY'S DEHYDRATED

We know that cholesterol has many important jobs. It is necessary for making

hormones, insulation for nerves, and the membranes of all our cells. But in a

condition of chronic dehydration, water is constantly being pulled out of our

cells, for the body's many operations. To protect the cells from losing too much

water, cholesterol is poured between the cracks of the cells, as a sort of

protective sealant between cell membranes. (Batmanghieldj, p 83) Many people who

eat a lot of eggs can still have normal blood cholesterol, as long as they

always have plenty of water. The body only feels the need to seal off the cell

membranes with cholesterol if there's a reason to conserve water. Thus high

cholesterol. In the hydrated body, there's no excess cholesterol production.

Linn

> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> I am also feeling dehydrated. I'm drinking lots more water, but

> >> I've not been measuring to see if it's half my weight in ounces.

> >> I've been on 50 mgs of iodine for a year now, and I've developed

> >> dry eyes and dry mouth in the last three months. Dry eyes such

> >> that they are often red and I need drops each morning and evening,

> >> and dry mouth to the point that my tongue is irritated. The dry

> >> mouth is causing me to drink more water, and my urine output is

> >> matching. Is it the iodine? The only new thing is Naturethroid,

> >> but I've been on it for six months now. Is it just because I'm

> >> hypothyroid? I've not had this problem before. Thanks, a

> >> Re: dehydration and iodine?

> >>

> >> Posted by: " Buist, ND HC " stephaniebnd@... stephaniebnd

> >>

> >> Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 pm (PDT)

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> Are you drinking 1/2 your body weight in oz of water / day? Have

> >> you been sick recently? Engaged in physical activity in a warm

> >> climate that caused you to become dehydrated?

> >>

> >> The body will not become dehydrated due to a nutrient intake. It

> >> is a function of the amount of fluids you are taking in. If you

> >> were retaining water and became swollen then I would say it may be

> >> a result of toxicity levels but not a lack of hydration.

> >>

> >> Buist, ND HC

> >>

> >> dehydration and iodine?

> >>

> >> I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from

> >> 12.5mg to 18 mg).

> >>

> >> I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of

> >> water. Next day I had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were

> >> low: 16 values:22-29

> >>

> >> I also had low urine output.

> >>

> >> Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?

> >>

> >> thank you,

> >>

> >> celine

> >>

> >> Back to top

> >> Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

> >>

> >

> > -Angie

> >

> > " The greatest threat to the Republic is that people rarely question

> > the authenticity of political quotes at the bottoms of emails " -

> > Jefferson

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> -Angie

>

> " The greatest threat to the Republic is that people rarely question

> the authenticity of political quotes at the bottoms of emails " -

> Jefferson

>

Guest guest

The two bottles should of contained 1 bottle of white or clear chystals and the other comes in a small heavy amber bottle and the chystals are black. Rae

-- Re: dehydration and iodine?

I am taking all the companion nutrients, but sometimes I forget the salt.

I also just had the saliva test done for sex hormones and adrenals. My naturopath said that it looked like my adrenals had improved, but they are still not where they should be. She didn't use adjectives like "severe" when talking about my adrenals on my test last year, or this year. I am on adrenal support supplements, and the C and salt with the iodine protocol. I can't find my saliva report this morning, but when I do, what should I look for that might tell me if I'm heading towards s, or not, Loretta? At what point do you consider going on cortisol supplementation? Also, I'm not diabetic, but I am insulin resistant and about 40 lbs overweight.

a

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:22 pm (PDT)

Have you saliva tested your sex hormones..especially cortisol levels? Theadrenal glands produce hormones that play a role in electrolyte balance,blood pressure regulation and the maintenance of normal blood volume.'s disease occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enoughcortisol. Cortisol plays a role in the body's response to stress. 'sdisease has been reported to causes low levels of sodium, carbon dioxide andchloride in the blood.Some of the causes of a low bicarbonate level include: * 's disease* Chronic diarrhea* Diabetic ketoacidosis* Metabolic acidosis* Kidney disease* Ethylene glycol or methanol poisoning* Salicylate (aspirin) overdoseBe WellDr.LFrom: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf OfKathleen BlakeSent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:34 PMiodine Subject: Re: Re: dehydration and iodine?Hello a,Dry mouth can be a symptom of bromide detox, dry eyes is not on the listof bromide detox, however, there are most likely other detox symptoms thatare not on the lists. Are you taking the companion nutrients? They are veryimportant to take while taking iodine. They are written about in the Guideto Supplementing with Iodine in our files. You could try a salt loading tosee if it helps with your dry symptoms.Kind regards,Kathleenmoderator dehydration and iodine?I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from 12.5mg to 18mg).I had very dry and sticky mouth and I need to drink a lot of water. Next dayI had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were low: 16 values:22-29I also had low urine output.Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?thank you,celine

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (5)

Guest guest

Linn

Thanks for giving us this information about water and hydration.

It is hard to get in the habit of drinking enough water.

The Drug company's are not going to be happy with you telling people to drink more water to get hydrated, instead of taking there drugs.

You did not mention the importance of having your acid / alkaline balance correct and using alkaline water to do that.

Reverse Aging, by Sang Whang is a good little book about alkaline water and its many health benefits.

kmk

From: Linn <mwm1glm@...>Subject: Re: dehydration and iodine?iodine Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 12:36 PM

Not true, I've been drinking approximately a gallon of water daily for many years. Waiting until one is thirsty is a bad idea, thirst is a late symptom of dehydration, the author is talking about a cellular level. We're talking about the entire day, not consuming large quantities at once. Here's a tad more info, an excerpt from Dr. Tim O'Shea's Water chapter (www.thedoctorwithin.com/water):An odd little book was published in 1994 that made quite a stir: The Body's Many Cries for Water, by an MD named Batmanghelidj. A claim is made by this doctor that the cause of most diseases is simply dehydration. Dr. B provides the reasoning as well as dozens of case studies to support the cure of a variety of illnesses by simply drinking between two and three liters of water per day.Doubting such a theory because of its overwhelming simplicity, the reader is shown that physiologically, it makes perfect sense. As Dr B points out, dry

mouth is a late sign of thirst. Saliva is produced even in chronic dehydration, because it is a digestive enzyme. Thirst, or the need for water on the cellular level is something entirely different. Chronic dehydration brings its own symptoms, which we have been conditioned to cover up, either with food or with drugs. Here are a few examples of dehydration signals:SYMPTOM ——- USUAL REMEDY* peptic ulcer* antacids* craving sweets* sugar* depression* antidepressant drugs* allergies* antihistaminesDr B reports his successful treatment of 3000 peptic ulcer patients using water alone. Anecdotal? He explains how ulcer pain is really a thirst signal. It actually makes sense: if the intestine is too dehydrated to adequately refresh its mucus lining every time after the acidic products of digestion have passed by, the lining will become irritated and painful. The intestine is not

protected from digestive acid like the stomach is. Antacids will only temporarily cover up the problem. Rehydrating the tract will enable to intestine to form adequate mucous lining, thus reducing acid irritation. (p31)Similarly with depression, allergies, asthma, arthritis, diabetes, and addiction to sweets, Dr. Batmanghelidj shows how balancing the extracellular fluids and lowering the concentration of the blood to a more normal dilution can bring consistent resolution to these and many other illnesses.It's almost too simple. But Dr. B takes the reader through the physiology of each illness. His premise is hard to deny.Obviously such an approach is not going to gain the favor of the drug cartels; here's a guy telling people they don't need heart medication and diuretics and insulin and Prozac and Viagra and pain drugs any more. All they really need is two liters of water per day. What if he's right and people find out about it?

The drug business is the foundation our $1.5 trillion medical budget. See the dangers?So of course the good doctor ran into some formidable stone walls when he tried to get attention and funding from the AMA and other mainstream institutions for researching his theories. He was politely ignored. But a lot of people are buying the book.DIURETICS? TRY WATER!Most people don't seem to know the word diuretic; but they know what a blood thinner is.Batmanghelidj's views on treating high blood pressure with diuretics can't really be argued. He explains that the whole mainstream theory is based on a false premise: doctors say Oh, you have high blood pressure? Too much blood, too much fluid in the body. Take these drugs to make you get rid of water, thin out the blood a little. That'll take the strain off your heart so it won't have to work so hard.Amazingly most people believe this appalling distortion of physiological

reality and take their pills like good little patients. Then they have their heart attacks on schedule and go in for bypass, like good little lemmings, keeping heart disease as the #1 killer of Americans for the past three decades.Batmanghelidj points out the obvious: diuretics increase dehydration. They make you lose more water. But the original cause of the high blood pressure in the first place was loss of fluids. The less fluids, the more the blood vessels close up. Obviously the blood vessels can't leave room for gas when blood volume is decreased. So the blood vessels naturally constrict, or close up, with less blood volume. The constriction is what causes high blood pressure – it's harder to push water through a thin garden hose than a thick one.Also the less fluids, the more concentrated the blood becomes. And this triggers the blood vessels to close down a little more, in order to prevent what? Water loss.By adding

more water to the system, the heart won't be so desperate to hang onto both sodium and water. Increased blood volume, and also making the blood more dilute, will relax the vessels and open them up wider. Such a simple method consistently lowers blood pressure, on a long-term basis.The amazing thing is not that this is so absurdly simple; it's that the people we entrust our health to could possibly miss something as fundamental as hydration. What about the complicated stuff?Either Dr. Batmanghelidj is right or the HMO doctors selling Lopressor and Cardizem are right. Can't be both.EVEN GOOD CHOLESTEROL CAN BE BAD IF THE BODY'S DEHYDRATEDWe know that cholesterol has many important jobs. It is necessary for making hormones, insulation for nerves, and the membranes of all our cells. But in a condition of chronic dehydration, water is constantly being pulled out of our cells, for the body's many operations. To protect the

cells from losing too much water, cholesterol is poured between the cracks of the cells, as a sort of protective sealant between cell membranes. (Batmanghieldj, p 83) Many people who eat a lot of eggs can still have normal blood cholesterol, as long as they always have plenty of water. The body only feels the need to seal off the cell membranes with cholesterol if there's a reason to conserve water. Thus high cholesterol. In the hydrated body, there's no excess cholesterol production.LinnModerator> >> >>> >>> >>> >>> >> I am also feeling dehydrated. I'm drinking lots more water, but > >> I've not been measuring to see if it's half my weight in ounces. > >> I've been on 50 mgs of iodine for a year now, and I've developed > >> dry eyes and dry mouth in the last three months. Dry eyes such > >> that they are often red and I need

drops each morning and evening, > >> and dry mouth to the point that my tongue is irritated. The dry > >> mouth is causing me to drink more water, and my urine output is > >> matching. Is it the iodine? The only new thing is Naturethroid, > >> but I've been on it for six months now. Is it just because I'm > >> hypothyroid? I've not had this problem before. Thanks, a> >> Re: dehydration and iodine?> >>> >> Posted by: " Buist, ND HC" stephaniebnd@... stephaniebnd> >>> >> Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 pm (PDT)> >>> >>> >>> >> Are you drinking 1/2 your body weight in oz of water / day? Have > >> you been sick recently? Engaged in physical activity in a warm > >> climate that caused you to become dehydrated?> >>> >> The

body will not become dehydrated due to a nutrient intake. It > >> is a function of the amount of fluids you are taking in. If you > >> were retaining water and became swollen then I would say it may be > >> a result of toxicity levels but not a lack of hydration.> >>> >> Buist, ND HC> >>> >> dehydration and iodine?> >>> >> I recently was very dehydrated (when I raised my iodoral from > >> 12.5mg to 18 mg).> >>> >> I had very dry and sticky mouth and

I need to drink a lot of > >> water. Next day I had my bicarbonate levels checked and they were > >> low: 16 values:22-29> >>> >> I also had low urine output.> >>> >> Can iodine or detoxification cause dehydration?> >>> >> thank you,> >>> >> celine> >>> >> Back to top> >> Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post> >>> >> > -Angie> >> > "The greatest threat to the Republic is that people rarely question > > the authenticity of political quotes at the bottoms of emails" - > > Jefferson> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > > -Angie> > "The greatest threat to the Republic is that people rarely

question > the authenticity of political quotes at the bottoms of emails" - > Jefferson>

Guest guest

I am currently 24 weeks along in my pregnancy.

The amount of food and liquid I need to get into me feels almost impossible

sometimes! I have been getting in about a quart of raw milk a day and about a

half gallon of water, but when my midwife tests my water intake through urine,

she tells me I need to be drinking more water. I am already forcing the last bit

of water down, having paced it through the day !!

A few days ago, I was reading on WaterCure (website based upon Your Body's Many

Cries for water), that based on my weight, I should be getting almost 14 cups of

water a day. http://watercure.com/faq.html#howmuch

I seriously can't fathom being able to get that much in a day, along with a

quart of raw milk and a cup of pregnancy tea... and eating!!

Is there anyone here who does this, pregnant or not? How do you fit that much

into you in a single day?

Guest guest

I would think that you could count the quart of raw milk. Iodine is normally

helpful in replenishing moisture to the body. You might ask the midwife about

taking MegaHydrate, you can read more about it at www.phisciences.com.

Linn

>

> I am currently 24 weeks along in my pregnancy.

> The amount of food and liquid I need to get into me feels almost impossible

sometimes! I have been getting in about a quart of raw milk a day and about a

half gallon of water, but when my midwife tests my water intake through urine,

she tells me I need to be drinking more water. I am already forcing the last bit

of water down, having paced it through the day !!

>

> A few days ago, I was reading on WaterCure (website based upon Your Body's

Many Cries for water), that based on my weight, I should be getting almost 14

cups of water a day. http://watercure.com/faq.html#howmuch

> I seriously can't fathom being able to get that much in a day, along with a

quart of raw milk and a cup of pregnancy tea... and eating!!

>

> Is there anyone here who does this, pregnant or not? How do you fit that much

into you in a single day?

>

Guest guest

Adding a pinch of whole salt to the water can be helpful, or just making sure you are taking the daily salt. It helps your body use water more efficiently. Donna in IL, moderator I would think that you could count the quart of raw milk. Iodine is normally helpful in replenishing moisture to the body. You might ask the midwife about taking MegaHydrate, you can read more about it at www.phisciences.com.LinnModerator--- In iodine , " Violet Persuasion " <jj.foreveryoung@...> wrote:>> I am currently 24 weeks along in my pregnancy.> The amount of food and liquid I need to get into me feels almost impossible sometimes! I have been getting in about a quart of raw milk a day and about a half gallon of water, but when my midwife tests my water intake through urine, she tells me I need to be drinking more water. I am already forcing the last bit of water down, having paced it through the day !!> > A few days ago, I was reading on WaterCure (website based upon Your Body's Many Cries for water), that based on my weight, I should be getting almost 14 cups of water a day. http://watercure.com/faq.html#howmuch> I seriously can't fathom being able to get that much in a day, along with a quart of raw milk and a cup of pregnancy tea... and eating!!> > Is there anyone here who does this, pregnant or not? How do you fit that much into you in a single day?>