RemedySpot.com

Re: can iodoral give u a fast pulse?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It does me at times at other times it doesn't bother me. If I take it for more than 2 days in a row, it really speeds pulse up.

can iodoral give u a fast pulse?

can iodoral give u a fast pulse? I have noticed this , if it doesisthat na adrenal problem thanks sus

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4877 - Release Date: 03/17/12

Guest guest

I am dealing with my pulse back over 100 regularly. Not sure if it is because of my thyroid meds or the iodine. My thyroid labs last week have me in optimal range so it shouldn't be because of hyper symptoms from the Armour.

in AlaskaOn Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Marilyn Thoman <marilyn@...> wrote:

It does me at times at other times it doesn't bother me. If I take it for more than 2 days in a row, it really speeds pulse up.

can iodoral give u a fast pulse? I have noticed this , if it doesisthat na adrenal problem thanks sus

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4877 - Release Date: 03/17/12

Guest guest

In the beginning of supplementing iodine i got hyper symptoms like fast pulse

too. I think your thytoid is adjusting to the amount of idodine it is getting

now.

>

> can iodoral give u a fast pulse? I have noticed this , if it doesisthat na

> adrenal problem thanks sus

>

Guest guest

I think the thyroid is asking for more iodine, b/c that's a hyper symptom.

Gracia

In the beginning of supplementing iodine i got hyper symptoms like fast pulse too. I think your thytoid is adjusting to the amount of idodine it is getting now. >> can iodoral give u a fast pulse? I have noticed this , if it doesisthat na> adrenal problem thanks sus>

Guest guest

as I remember your Armour dose was too low. TSH too high but frees were affected by taking the test after taking your Armour.

Gracia

I am dealing with my pulse back over 100 regularly. Not sure if it is because of my thyroid meds or the iodine. My thyroid labs last week have me in optimal range so it shouldn't be because of hyper symptoms from the Armour.

in Alaska

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Marilyn Thoman <marilyn@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Gracia,Your answers is quite confusing. My TSH is in good range (1.2) and my Free T3 and Free T4 are right where they are supposed to be. The test was taken 9 hours after taking the Armour which is plenty of time. My doctor's office wants the test no longer than 12 hours after my last dose. So were you responding to the Marilyn and not me?

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Gracia <circe@...> wrote:

as I remember your Armour dose was too low.   TSH too high but frees were affected by taking the test after taking your Armour.  

Gracia 

in Alaska

Guest guest

sorry if I was confusing. I was responding to you. when you are on enough Armour your TSH will be very low, but then again sometimes TSH is raised for a while when taking iodine. I would disagree with your doc. most of us on Armour do the test the next day after taking it, not 9 hrs after. Frees should be in upper quadrant of range, my FT3 is just above range (after 24 hrs). This is b/c you will feel best there, not b/c you want a certain test result. my pulse was always very rapid but it came down with enough Armour and adrenal meds (HC). I am taking 100mg Iodoral a day.

Gracia

Gracia,

Your answers is quite confusing. My TSH is in good range (1.2) and my Free T3 and Free T4 are right where they are supposed to be. The test was taken 9 hours after taking the Armour which is plenty of time. My doctor's office wants the test no longer than 12 hours after my last dose. So were you responding to the Marilyn and not me?

as I remember your Armour dose was too low. TSH too high but frees were affected by taking the test after taking your Armour.

Gracia

in Alaska

Guest guest

You are absolutely right that you go by the levels were you feel good. But wow! If my FT3 was that high 24 hours after an Armour dose I would be super hyperthyroid. Unless there is something magical that happens to switch your body from feeling hyperthyroid into normal at some point as you increase your dosage.

As far as taking labs the next day, my doctor's office has found with their patients that the most accurate results are given when taken no later than 12 hours after dose. So that is what they ask their patients to use. I have had two blood tests done at the 26 hour mark and my TSH was 0.594 and 0.42 with low T3 and T4 both times. That is when I discussed the time frame of the testing because the test results of low TSH AND low Free T3 and T4 made no sense. I was also leaning toward hyperthyroid symptoms. So my low T3/T4 results really didn't make any sense. Then I was told that they have found that results are more accurate taken earlier. My latest test at 9 hours with a TSH of 1.2 and Free T3 of 4.1 and T4 of 0.93 makes much more sense for where I am right now.

I can see adrenal support helping with pulse but I would think more Armour would lean toward making the pulse higher. I started out with hyperthyroid so I know how that feels. And my pulse was 140-160 when my thyroid spiked.

How long have you been dealing with thyroid issues? What type of thyroid issues do you have? Autoimmune? Hypo? Hyper? What made you decide to use HC for your adrenals instead of something a little less risky?

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Gracia <circe@...> wrote:

sorry if I was confusing.  I was responding to you.   when you are on enough Armour your TSH will be very low, but then again sometimes TSH is raised for a while when taking iodine.   I would disagree with your doc.  most of us on Armour do the test the next day after taking it, not 9 hrs after.   Frees should be in upper quadrant of range, my FT3 is just above range (after 24 hrs).   This is b/c you will feel best there, not b/c you want a certain test result.   my pulse was always very rapid but it came down with enough Armour and  adrenal meds (HC).   I am taking 100mg Iodoral a day.

Gracia 

Gracia,

Your answers is quite confusing. My TSH is in good range (1.2) and my Free T3 and Free T4 are right where they are supposed to be. The test was taken 9 hours after taking the Armour which is plenty of time. My doctor's office wants the test no longer than 12 hours after my last dose. So were you responding to the Marilyn and not me?

as I remember your Armour dose was too low.   TSH too high but frees were affected by taking the test after taking your Armour.  

Gracia 

in Alaska

Guest guest

I have had symptoms of hypoT all my life. I grew up on Lake Erie (goiter belt) and was so often on antibiotics for strep and once had encephalitis and spinal meningitis at the same time. at age 22 I had symptoms of hyperT so was given a partial thyroidectomy and then no meds for 30 years, when I lied to a doc to get meds. basically 52 years of suffering from poor medical care. when I finally got Armour thyroid I could only tolerate 90mg but I was on the computer and figure d out I needed more than that. Finally a holistic doc gave me HC to try, and now I take 240mg Armour no problem.

I know what it feels like to have rapid pulse! Armour, HC, and Iodoral have all calmed me down, and I seem to need at least 100mg Iodoral. the right doses have made a big difference to me. I don't feel that HC is risky at all. it is life saving and safe when used at lower doses. google Safe Uses of Cortisol by McK Jefferies MD.

FT3 can be high if it's not being utilized and getting into cells. your doc is not quite right about testing! I take 240mg Armour in the morning but always wait until next day to test, and then take meds after. my TSH is always .03 so iodine hasn't raised it.

Gracia

ps I enjoy your posts.

You are absolutely right that you go by the levels were you feel good. But wow! If my FT3 was that high 24 hours after an Armour dose I would be super hyperthyroid. Unless there is something magical that happens to switch your body from feeling hyperthyroid into normal at some point as you increase your dosage.

As far as taking labs the next day, my doctor's office has found with their patients that the most accurate results are given when taken no later than 12 hours after dose. So that is what they ask their patients to use. I have had two blood tests done at the 26 hour mark and my TSH was 0.594 and 0.42 with low T3 and T4 both times. That is when I discussed the time frame of the testing because the test results of low TSH AND low Free T3 and T4 made no sense. I was also leaning toward hyperthyroid symptoms. So my low T3/T4 results really didn't make any sense. Then I was told that they have found that results are more accurate taken earlier. My latest test at 9 hours with a TSH of 1.2 and Free T3 of 4.1 and T4 of 0.93 makes much more sense for where I am right now.

I can see adrenal support helping with pulse but I would think more Armour would lean toward making the pulse higher. I started out with hyperthyroid so I know how that feels. And my pulse was 140-160 when my thyroid spiked.

How long have you been dealing with thyroid issues? What type of thyroid issues do you have? Autoimmune? Hypo? Hyper? What made you decide to use HC for your adrenals instead of something a little less risky?

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Gracia <circe@...> wrote:

sorry if I was confusing. I was responding to you. when you are on enough Armour your TSH will be very low, but then again sometimes TSH is raised for a while when taking iodine. I would disagree with your doc. most of us on Armour do the test the next day after taking it, not 9 hrs after. Frees should be in upper quadrant of range, my FT3 is just above range (after 24 hrs). This is b/c you will feel best there, not b/c you want a certain test result. my pulse was always very rapid but it came down with enough Armour and adrenal meds (HC). I am taking 100mg Iodoral a day.

Gracia

Gracia,

Gracia

in Alaska