RemedySpot.com

Re: Best form of vitamin C, and how to make magnesium oil

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The vitamin C I take is in 1000mg tablets of Active-C from the Vitamin Shoppe. I take 3 tablets (3000mg) at night with 400mg Magnesium Glycinate and 800mg Magnesium Citrate. They help me sleep soundly and I wake up refreshed. Also, 2000 - 3000mg of Vit C has been shown to reduce cholesterol as well, if not better, as Lipitor or Crestor.

If I recall correctly, the iodine protocol advises not taking Vit C at the same time as Iodine. So I take my Iodoral, ATP cofactors and Selenium in the morning with my other supplements. I think you may be having trouble with the Vit C because you are using chewables. I would not chew that much since it can be damaging to your tooth enamel.

I have magnesium oil and it is sprayed on but I found that just taking a nice soak in 2 cups of epsom salt once a week gives me plenty of magnesium transdermally to ease muscle and joint pain.

From: gigsiB <z7udumm@...>iodine Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 11:09 AMSubject: Best form of vitamin C, and how to make magnesium oil

Trying once more - My vitamin C question was never answered, so I am bunching 2 questions in hopes of having more luck: The supposedly better Ester-C 500 mg I recently bought leaves me shaking uncontrollably. It says "Gentle, with citrus bioflavonoids" but it sure is not gentle on my system. It does not even taste like vitamin C, but has a bitter taste like the white inside rind of grapefruits. Is that how Ester-C is supposed to taste? What would be a better form of vitamin C? Where do I find a recipe for making my own vitamin C oil?2. How do I make oil of magnesium?I hope someone can enlighten me; I thought I'd seen it somewhere before, but my search didn't bring up anything.Thank you very much

Guest guest

Here is an article for how to make magnesium oil.http://www.cheeseslave.com/how-to-make-magnesium-oil/ I am going to be trying it using the magnesium flakes from Swansons.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU495/ItemDetail?n=0  in Alaska

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 7:09 AM, gigsiB <z7udumm@...> wrote:

Trying once more - My vitamin C question was never answered, so I am bunching 2 questions in hopes of having more luck:

The supposedly better Ester-C 500 mg I recently bought leaves me shaking uncontrollably. It says " Gentle, with citrus bioflavonoids " but it sure is not gentle on my system. It does not even taste like vitamin C, but has a bitter taste like the white inside rind of grapefruits. Is that how Ester-C is supposed to taste? What would be a better form of vitamin C? Where do I find a recipe for making my own vitamin C oil?

2. How do I make oil of magnesium?

I hope someone can enlighten me; I thought I'd seen it somewhere before, but my search didn't bring up anything.

Thank you very much

Guest guest

Kari,Where does it say about not taking the C at the same time as iodine? I've never heard of that before.Thanks. in Alaska

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 7:38 AM, Kari <kari0761@...> wrote:

If I recall correctly, the iodine protocol advises not taking Vit C at the same time as Iodine.  So I take my Iodoral, ATP cofactors and Selenium in the morning with my other supplements.  I think you may be having trouble with the Vit C because you are using chewables.  I would not chew that much since it can be damaging to your tooth enamel.

Guest guest

There are some that swear it is an issue to take Vit C with Iodine. But I successfully eliminated thyroid cancer by taking Iodoral with 2,500 mgs of Vit C. We cannot know how things will react in the body as they are not the same as in a test tube. The fact that the iodine changes color when vitamin C is added signaling it has been "reduced" is outside of the stomach acid environment.

The Guide to Supplementing does not state that they must be taken separately.

Buist, ND HC

Kari,

Where does it say about not taking the C at the same time as iodine? I've never heard of that before.

Thanks.

in Alaska

If I recall correctly, the iodine protocol advises not taking Vit C at the same time as Iodine. So I take my Iodoral, ATP cofactors and Selenium in the morning with my other supplements. I think you may be having trouble with the Vit C because you are using chewables. I would not chew that much since it can be damaging to your tooth enamel.

Guest guest

Is the water good that you are soaking in?is it flouride free? From: Kari <kari0761@...> "iodine " <iodine > Sent: Sunday, 18 March 2012, 15:38 Subject: Re: Best form of vitamin C, and how to make magnesium oil

The vitamin C I take is in 1000mg tablets of Active-C from the Vitamin Shoppe. I take 3 tablets (3000mg) at night with 400mg Magnesium Glycinate and 800mg Magnesium Citrate. They help me sleep soundly and I wake up refreshed. Also, 2000 - 3000mg of Vit C has been shown to reduce cholesterol as well, if not better, as Lipitor or Crestor.

I have magnesium oil and it is sprayed on but I found that just taking a nice soak in 2 cups of epsom salt once a week gives me plenty of magnesium transdermally to ease muscle and joint pain.

From: gigsiB <z7udumm@...>iodine Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 11:09 AMSubject: Best form of vitamin C, and how to make magnesium oil

Trying once more - My vitamin C question was never answered, so I am bunching 2 questions in hopes of having more luck: The supposedly better Ester-C 500 mg I recently bought leaves me shaking uncontrollably. It says "Gentle, with citrus bioflavonoids" but it sure is not gentle on my system. It does not even taste like vitamin C, but has a bitter taste like the white inside rind of grapefruits. Is that how Ester-C is supposed to taste? What would be a better form of vitamin C? Where do I find a recipe for making my own vitamin C oil?2. How do I make oil of magnesium?I hope someone can enlighten me; I thought I'd seen it somewhere before, but my search didn't bring up anything.Thank you very much

Guest guest

- were you taking liposomal vitamin C or something else? I keep trying to figure out how much I am actually getting since we evidently only absorb 19% of the C we take. My husband and I are thinking about switching to liposomal.-Kim From: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...> iodine Sent: Sunday,

March 18, 2012 2:57 PM Subject: Re: Best form of vitamin C, and how to make magnesium oil

There are some that swear it is an issue to take Vit C with Iodine. But I successfully eliminated thyroid cancer by taking Iodoral with 2,500 mgs of Vit C. We cannot know how things will react in the body as they are not the same as in a test tube. The fact that the iodine changes color when vitamin C is added signaling it has been "reduced" is outside of the stomach acid environment.

The Guide to Supplementing does not state that they must be taken separately.

Buist, ND HC

Kari,

Where does it say about not taking the C at the same time as iodine? I've never heard of that before.

Thanks.

in Alaska

Guest guest

I only took Liposomal C when I had my amalgams removed. It is SOOOO expensive. I used VRP.com's BalanCe (Vit C, Mg, K, Ca combo).

Buist, ND HC

Kari,

Thanks.

in Alaska

Guest guest

what I like is calcium ascorbate crystals 5 grams per teaspoon in

Juice cranberry, Apple, grape Not Grapfruit and sip all day.

Good if constipated and what is good you can tell when you reach

your limit. You get the runs. But before that it's like

pudding. so back off top 4 grams a day. Most people can take 12

grams a day. and the health food stores carry all brands Blue

Bonnet. Solgar, and many more or go on line & take your pick.

but make sure it is ASCORBATE. Not ascorbic.

Big Al

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 19:32:20 -0400, Buist, ND HC

<stephaniebnd@...> wrote:

> I only took Liposomal C when I had my amalgams removed. It is SOOOO

> expensive. I used VRP.com's BalanCe (Vit C, Mg, K, Ca combo).

>

> Buist, ND HC

>

>

>

> Re: Best form of vitamin C, and how to make

> magnesium oil

>

>

> Kari,

>

>

> Where does it say about not taking the C at the same time as iodine?

> I've never heard of that before.

>

>

> Thanks.

>

> in Alaska

>

>

>

>

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 7:38 AM, Kari <kari0761@...> wrote:

>

>

>

> If I recall correctly, the iodine protocol advises not taking Vit

> C at the same time as Iodine. So I take my Iodoral, ATP cofactors and

> Selenium in the morning with my other supplements. I think you may be

> having trouble with the Vit C because you are using chewables. I would

> not chew that much since it can be damaging to your tooth enamel.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

--

" The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest

liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them

the truth. " -- H.L. Mencken

Guest guest

I am new to this group. I'm sorry if I say something that does not make a lot of sense...

I thought the very best way to take vitamin C (in terms of absorption) was liposomal. It is commercially available, but you can do it yourself as well at home and it is cheaper.

http://www.livonlabs.com/

Again, please forgive me if what I'm saying is not true.

In regards to the magnesium ---> Is it better to use it as an oil than to take the powder/flakes form?

Thank you so much,

Silvia

De: Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Domingo 18 de marzo de 2012 8:51Asunto: Re: Best form of vitamin C, and how to make magnesium oil

Here is an article for how to make magnesium oil.

http://www.cheeseslave.com/how-to-make-magnesium-oil/

I am going to be trying it using the magnesium flakes from Swansons.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU495/ItemDetail?n=0

in Alaska

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 7:09 AM, gigsiB <z7udumm@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Hello ,

I'm new. Thank you so much for allowing me to become a member of this wonderful group.

Do you think that making your own liposomal vitamin C (or any other vitamin) by mixing it with GMO-free soy lecithin, in a blender and an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, gives a quality product?

Thank you so much,

Silvia

De: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Domingo 18 de marzo de 2012 16:32Asunto: Re: Best form of vitamin C, and how to make magnesium oil

I only took Liposomal C when I had my amalgams removed. It is SOOOO expensive. I used VRP.com's BalanCe (Vit C, Mg, K, Ca combo).

Buist, ND HC

Kari,

Thanks.

in Alaska

Guest guest

I just went & looked at the BalanCe.Comparing it to the C-Salts that I use I see that BalanCe gives 45 servings of 2350 mg of C for $12.95 (+shipping?) and C-Salts gives 140 servings of 4000 mg of C for $36 ppd. So, BalanCe is $.29/serving (without shipping) and C-Salts is $.26/serving for a serving almost double the amount of C.Also, BalanCe uses carbonate forms whereas C-Salts uses ascorbate forms of calcium,magnesium,potassium, & zinc. When I was originally researching it, I found numerous places stating that mineral ascorbates are a good, very useable form.So, it looks to me like the C-Salts is a better product for a considerably less expensive price, and is still what I am sticking with and recommending. Find

it here: http://nutri.com/index.cfm/product/54_1/c-salts-26-oz.cfmBlessings,Judy I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. Ps.130:5 From: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...> iodine Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 6:32 PM Subject: Re:

Best form of vitamin C, and how to make magnesium oil

Buist, ND HC

Kari,

Thanks.

in Alaska