RemedySpot.com

Re: Which form of Selenium

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What was this in response to Bonnie?

Buist, ND HC

Which form of Selenium

200MCG SELENIUM IN THE SUPERIOR, ACTIVE SELENOMETHIONINE FORM. When bound to the amino acid methionine, selenium has far greater immune boosting and antioxidant activity that standard chelate or yeast source selenium supplements.

Guest guest

Nothing, I just

came across it and thought some newcomers might like to read it.

Bonnie

iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Buist, ND HC

Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012

9:12 PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Which form

of Selenium

What

was this in response to Bonnie?

Buist, ND HC

Which

form of Selenium

200MCG SELENIUM IN THE SUPERIOR,

ACTIVE SELENOMETHIONINE FORM. When bound to the amino acid methionine, selenium

has far greater immune boosting and antioxidant activity that standard chelate

or yeast source selenium supplements.

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899"

align=center>

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4872 - Release Date: 03/15/12

Guest guest

The superiority of selenomethionine over yeast-based selenium with a more

natural mix of selenium compounds is far from clear. See, for example:

http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/101/19/1363.long

>

> 200MCG SELENIUM IN THE SUPERIOR, ACTIVE SELENOMETHIONINE FORM. When bound to

> the amino acid methionine, selenium has far greater immune boosting and

> antioxidant activity that standard chelate or yeast source selenium

> supplements.

>

Guest guest

OK, but you didn't site your source. Just finding something on the net and claiming it to be the truth doesn't work well as anyone can put anything out on the net w/o qualifying the data. We need to make sure that the information we share has merit and science behind it. There are various forms of selenium that may be needed for different health concerns. For my family who has the MTHFR gene defect, the methylated form is best for us. So the form you posted as the best form does not hold true for us. Each person needs to be considered individually which is where this gets difficult and a professional person's guidance can be helpful.

Buist, ND HC

Which form of Selenium

200MCG SELENIUM IN THE SUPERIOR, ACTIVE SELENOMETHIONINE FORM. When bound to the amino acid methionine, selenium has far greater immune boosting and antioxidant activity that standard chelate or yeast source selenium supplements.

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899" align=center>

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4872 - Release Date: 03/15/12

Guest guest

Without having the benefit of professional guidance, is there a way to know the form of selenium that best?

Thanks,

Gerri

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 7:56 AM

iodine

Subject: Re: Which form of Selenium

OK, but you didn't site your source. Just finding something on the net and claiming it to be the truth doesn't work well as anyone can put anything out on the net w/o qualifying the data. We need to make sure that the information we share has merit and science behind it. There are various forms of selenium that may be needed for different health concerns. For my family who has the MTHFR gene defect, the methylated form is best for us. So the form you posted as the best form does not hold true for us. Each person needs to be considered individually which is where this gets difficult and a professional person's guidance can be helpful.

Buist, ND HC

Which form of Selenium

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4872 - Release Date: 03/15/12

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4873 - Release Date: 03/15/12

Guest guest

You can ask here. I help many people.

Buist, ND HC

Which form of Selenium

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4873 - Release Date: 03/15/12

Guest guest

Grateful for this group & your help.

I’m a Type 1 diabetic (low carb), Hashimoto’s & have high Rt3. I’m on Cytomel, but hope to have desiccated thyroid added. I’ve never had candida, though yeast based B vitamins have made me queasy in the past. Don’t know if that’s enough info regarding selenium type. Recently started iodine following your protocol. Two weeks on 1/2 Iodoral tab & just raised it to 1 tablet. No detox effects yet.

I’ve been taking 200 mcg for several years http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU067/ItemDetail?cm_vc=id-sidebar-save & cs=NW363. I recently bought 200 mcg selenium SeMSC.

Many thanks,

Gerri

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 12:16 PM

iodine

You can ask here. I help many people.

Buist, ND HC

Which form of Selenium

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4874 - Release Date: 03/16/12

Guest guest

I use herbs to get my supplements:

Herbs

Bay Leaf - whole, organic

....potassium, selenium and zinc. Bay leaf may be added to the bath to produce...

Fenugreek seed - whole, organic

....iron and selenium. It has been used to treat bronchitis, dyspepsia, fevers,

ulcers, respiratory...

Garlic - minced

....Contains selenium which helps arteriosclerosis. Strengthens blood vessels.

Equalizes blood pressure, high or low....

Garlic - powder, organic

....Contains selenium which helps arteriosclerosis. Strengthens blood vessels.

Equalizes blood pressure, high or low....

Mustard seed (yellow) - powder

....zinc, selenium, manganese, magnesium, protein, niacin and dietary fiber. The

mustard plaster (powder & ...

Red Raspberry Leaf - cut, organic

....Niacin Selenium Vitamin A Vitamin C Excerpts from Practical Herbalism The

renowned Quaker herbalist,...

Yellow Dock root - cut

....phosphorus, and selenium. It has been used to treat liver congestion,

constipation, arthritis, rheumatism,..

Mona

Many ways to get your selenium.

Guest guest

So, what is the best form of selenium. I am presently taking Thorne Selenium

Citrate, but have to admit that I am not able to take it every day. I take it

for a couple of days, then I have drops in my temps and I get chills, so then I

stop.

>

> Without having the benefit of professional guidance, is there a way to know

the form of selenium that best?

>

> Thanks,

> Gerri

>

> From: Buist, ND HC

> Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 7:56 AM

> iodine

> Subject: Re: Which form of Selenium

>

>

>

> OK, but you didn't site your source. Just finding something on the net and

claiming it to be the truth doesn't work well as anyone can put anything out on

the net w/o qualifying the data. We need to make sure that the information we

share has merit and science behind it. There are various forms of selenium that

may be needed for different health concerns. For my family who has the MTHFR

gene defect, the methylated form is best for us. So the form you posted as the

best form does not hold true for us. Each person needs to be considered

individually which is where this gets difficult and a professional person's

guidance can be helpful.

>

> Buist, ND HC

>

>

> Which form of Selenium

>

>

>

>

> 200MCG SELENIUM IN THE SUPERIOR, ACTIVE SELENOMETHIONINE FORM. When bound

to the amino acid methionine, selenium has far greater immune boosting and

antioxidant activity that standard chelate or yeast source selenium supplements.

>

> size=1 width= " 100% " noshade color= " #aca899 " align=center>

> No virus found in this message.

> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4872 - Release Date: 03/15/12

>

>

> No virus found in this message.

> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4873 - Release Date: 03/15/12

>

Guest guest

Since many with autoimmune thyroid conditions seem to also be positive for the MTHFR gene which causes you to be a poor methylator I would probably go with a methylselenosystine form. This is the "already reduced" form of selenium so your body does not have to do the work. If you are a poor methylator this takes it past that step. If you don't have the issue it isn't a big deal either. You still get the benefits. If you are from European decent (your ancestors) then odds are greater that you will have this gene defect.

Buist, ND HC

Which form of Selenium

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4874 - Release Date: 03/16/12

Guest guest

Steph:

I’ve read post

mentioning MTHFR but never really read them. I should look into it.  Can I find

this in the Archives by using those letters?

Thanks,

Bonnie

Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012

9:03 PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Which form

of Selenium

Since

many with autoimmune thyroid conditions seem to also be positive for the MTHFR

gene which causes you to be a poor methylator I would probably go with a

methylselenosystine form. This is the " already reduced " form of

selenium so your body does not have to do the work. If you are a poor

methylator this takes it past that step. If you don't have the issue it

isn't a big deal either. You still get the benefits. If you are

from European decent (your ancestors) then odds are greater that you will have

this gene defect.

Buist, ND HC

Which form of Selenium

200MCG SELENIUM IN THE SUPERIOR,

ACTIVE SELENOMETHIONINE FORM. When bound to the amino acid methionine, selenium

has far greater immune boosting and antioxidant activity that standard chelate

or yeast source selenium supplements.

size=1

width= " 100% " noshade color= " #aca899 " align=center>

Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4872 - Release Date: 03/15/12

No

virus found in this message.

Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4873 - Release Date: 03/15/12

No

virus found in this message.

Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4874 - Release Date: 03/16/12

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899"

align=center>

Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4876 - Release Date: 03/17/12

Guest guest

i can only do selenium in its natural form -- so i eat eggs and brazil nuts.

Re: Which form of Selenium

Posted by: "Gerri Glass" glass@... sophiewglass

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:30 am (PDT)

Without having the benefit of professional guidance, is there a way to know the form of selenium that best? Thanks,Gerri

Guest guest

Thank you, . I’m of European descent.

Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:02 PM

iodine

Since many with autoimmune thyroid conditions seem to also be positive for the MTHFR gene which causes you to be a poor methylator I would probably go with a methylselenosystine form. This is the "already reduced" form of selenium so your body does not have to do the work. If you are a poor methylator this takes it past that step. If you don't have the issue it isn't a big deal either. You still get the benefits. If you are from European decent (your ancestors) then odds are greater that you will have this gene defect.

Buist, ND HC

Which form of Selenium

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4876 - Release Date: 03/17/12

Guest guest

Can you suggest a brand name?Thx AliOn Mar 17, 2012, at 11:23 PM, Gerri Glass wrote:

Thank you, . I’m of European descent.

Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:02 PM

iodine

Buist, ND HC

Which form of Selenium

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899" align=center> No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4872 - Release Date: 03/15/12No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4873 - Release Date: 03/15/12No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4874 - Release Date: 03/16/12No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4876 - Release Date: 03/17/12

Guest guest

For what product? I was discussing methylated products in general. I use a wide variety of brands.

Buist, ND HC

Which form of Selenium

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4876 - Release Date: 03/17/12