RemedySpot.com

Re: Old ways

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have never heard of this practice.

Buist, ND HC

Old ways

Please forgive me for such a trivial question, since you deal daily with real health issues. Was wondering about the old habit, back in the 60's of combining iodine and baby oil, for when sunning. Seemed to result in nice tans. Would the iodine also be helping health of person??God Bless,Sara

Guest guest

I remember this, and I would think that would have been helpful without knowing it, because it was a way of painting the iodine, although the baby oil would not be a recommended carrier oil. Donna in IL, moderator From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of grammie2304Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 4:09 AMiodine Subject: Old ways Please forgive me for such a trivial question, since you deal daily with real health issues. Was wondering about the old habit, back in the 60's of combining iodine and baby oil, for when sunning. Seemed to result in nice tans. Would the iodine also be helping health of person??God Bless,Sara

Guest guest

Hello Sara.

I never heard about this practice either - Personally I wouldn't use, "Baby Oil" as it's mostly liquid Paraffin - I'd go for some virgin coconut oil - NICE!

I might try it in the Summer ;-)

All the best.

Ed

London,

UK

In a message dated 12/03/2012 09:09:12 GMT Standard Time, sarawilliams.williams@... writes:

Please forgive me for such a trivial question, since you deal daily with real health issues. Was wondering about the old habit, back in the 60's of combining iodine and baby oil, for when sunning. Seemed to result in nice tans. Would the iodine also be helping health of person??God Bless,Sara

Guest guest

Oh goodness I had forgotten all about adding iodine to baby oil. The reason for this was the iodine gave you color while you were sun tanning. I would imagine you could benefit some what to doing this. I loved the color and the smell of the baby oil. I may do this again. Much better than the additives they put in suntan oil these days. It was a fad but probably one that was actually helping us without our knowledge. Skin felt wonderful and smooth. Thanks for reminding me of those days. It was the IN thing to do.

Old ways

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4866 - Release Date: 03/12/12

Guest guest

Most baby oil is mineral oil, which is a petroleum by-product. Not the best thing to put on skin. You could use a healthier oil like almond oil, coconut oil or jojoba.

Gerri

Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:23 PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Old ways

Oh goodness I had forgotten all about adding iodine to baby oil. The reason for this was the iodine gave you color while you were sun tanning. I would imagine you could benefit some what to doing this. I loved the color and the smell of the baby oil. I may do this again. Much better than the additives they put in suntan oil these days. It was a fad but probably one that was actually helping us without our knowledge. Skin felt wonderful and smooth. Thanks for reminding me of those days. It was the IN thing to do.

Old ways

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4866 - Release Date: 03/12/12

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4868 - Release Date: 03/13/12