RemedySpot.com

REPOST of Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I bought two 46 G vials of Iodine crystals and mixed according to the directions

I had ; the one quart solution turned out CLEAR !

Is THIS proper ?

Bob - oldsfolks@...

Guest guest

What liquid did you use?  Distilled water?  did you accidently add vit c?  Vit c will turn brown iodine clear.  Where did you get your recipe?  Most recipes combine 2 ingredients.... can you post your recipe?Kendra

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Bob Olds <oldsfolks@...> wrote:

I bought two 46 G vials of Iodine crystals and mixed according to the directions I had ; the one quart solution turned out  CLEAR !

Is THIS  proper ?

Bob  -    oldsfolks@...

Guest guest

Sorry if someone already answered...

Is it possible there was some ascorbic acid on or in something you used to make

the iodine? Where the crystals you used black or white?

Jaye

>

>

> I bought two 46 G vials of Iodine crystals and mixed according to the

directions I had ; the one quart solution turned out CLEAR !

>

> Is THIS proper ?

>

> Bob - oldsfolks@...

>

Guest guest

I think the crystals were black.

I mixed it in a clean plastic bottle , and wrapped it with aluminum foil to keep

light away ; then stored inside a cabinet which is opened only when I refill the

dropper bottle.

Where is the best place to buy more iodine ?

oldsfolks@...

Thank you for the answer !!!

> >

> >

> > I bought two 46 G vials of Iodine crystals and mixed according to the

> >

> > Is THIS proper ?

> >

> > Bob - oldsfolks@

> >

>

Guest guest

This confuses me. Iodine crystals (I2) are dark purplish in color and look like

little jagged rocks. They have a strong smell of iodine and if you mix them in

distilled water it should have that purple/orange look of iodine and smell of

iodine. If you put your nose right up to the bottle and take a whiff you should

smell iodine and get a little irritation in your nose. The mixture should taste

bitter.

I can't figure why you would get a clear solution. Potassium iodide (KI) on the

other hand is white and has little smell, and looks almost like table sugar. I

have never mixed just KI with distilled water, but I imagine it might yield a

clear solution.

Maybe contact the seller and see what he has to say.

>

>

> I bought two 46 G vials of Iodine crystals and mixed according to the

>

> Is THIS proper ?

>

> Bob - oldsfolks@...

>

Guest guest

I attempted to do a search on this subject using the message function, but got

zero results. Several years ago, there was a thread on how vitamin C turns brown

iodine clear. I notice that it also causes the strong taste to disappear. Should

I avoid taking Lugols and vitamin C at the same time?

>

> What liquid did you use? Distilled water? did you accidently add vit c?

> Vit c will turn brown iodine clear. Where did you get your recipe? Most

> recipes combine 2 ingredients.... can you post your recipe?

>

> Kendra

>

>

Guest guest

Bob,Here was my response of Monday, March 12th: Hi Bob,What were your directions? Did you use potassium iodide and iodine? The iodine is a very dark color, and is what makes it red. Donna in IL, moderator I bought two 46 G vials of Iodine crystals and mixed according to the directions I had ; the one quart solution turned out CLEAR !Is THIS proper ? Bob - oldsfolks@...

Guest guest

From the guide to supplementation: 5. When should I take my supplements?a. Iodine should be taken with food. This seems to enhance absorption as well asprotecting sensitive stomachs from a potential upset.b. The supporting nutrients can be taken with iodine and with food. There is nospacing or timing required. Some believe it is necessary to take Vit C separatefrom Iodine supplements. This has not been proven to be necessary as manyhave had success taking them together, so it is the individual’s choice as to whatthey do.c. Iodine should be taken earlier in the day (before 2 pm) because for some itincreases energy so much that they are unable to sleep. Donna in IL, moderator From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of tohope2daySent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:17 AMiodine Subject: Re: REPOST of Question I attempted to do a search on this subject using the message function, but got zero results. Several years ago, there was a thread on how vitamin C turns brown iodine clear. I notice that it also causes the strong taste to disappear. Should I avoid taking Lugols and vitamin C at the same time? >> What liquid did you use? Distilled water? did you accidently add vit c?> Vit c will turn brown iodine clear. Where did you get your recipe? Most> recipes combine 2 ingredients.... can you post your recipe?> > Kendra> >

Guest guest

Sorry for my confusing question. I just need to know whether I should avoid

taking iodine and vitamin C at the same time. Does vitamin C alter the effects

of iodine when taken at the same time?

Years ago, someone mentioned that it changes iodine to iodide.

>

> I attempted to do a search on this subject using the message function, but got

zero results. Several years ago, there was a thread on how vitamin C turns brown

iodine clear. I notice that it also causes the strong taste to disappear. Should

I avoid taking Lugols and vitamin C at the same time?

Guest guest

Thank you Donna! This will make it easier for my daughter to take Lugols.

I downloaded the guide this morning, but haven't had the chance to read it. I'll

read the guide before I post any more questions. : )

>

> From the guide to supplementation:

>

> 5. When should I take my supplements?

> a. Iodine should be taken with food. This seems to enhance absorption as well

as

> protecting sensitive stomachs from a potential upset.

> b. The supporting nutrients can be taken with iodine and with food. There is

no

> spacing or timing required. Some believe it is necessary to take Vit C

separate

> from Iodine supplements. This has not been proven to be necessary as many

> have had success taking them together, so it is the individual's choice as to

what

> they do.

> c. Iodine should be taken earlier in the day (before 2 pm) because for some it

> increases energy so much that they are unable to sleep.

>

> Donna in IL, moderator

>

Guest guest

Bob

NO, that's not correct, you need Iodine and Iodide crystals.

Read the instructions on how to make Lugos Iodine again.

kmk

From: Bob Olds <oldsfolks@...>Subject: REPOST of Questioniodine Date: Monday, March 19, 2012, 7:16 AM

I bought two 46 G vials of Iodine crystals and mixed according to the directions I had ; the one quart solution turned out CLEAR !Is THIS proper ? Bob - oldsfolks@...

Guest guest

Bob,

Instructions ALWAYS say to make Lugol's in a GLASS container and store in a glass container.

I was in Whole Foods last week and saw that they had 16oz dark glass bottles, $2.49.

This would be good for storage, they might be able to get 32oz bottles if you ask !

kmk

From: Bob Olds <oldsfolks@...>Subject: Re: REPOST of Questioniodine Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 8:15 PM

I think the crystals were black. I mixed it in a clean plastic bottle , and wrapped it with aluminum foil to keep light away ; then stored inside a cabinet which is opened only when I refill the dropper bottle. Where is the best place to buy more iodine ? oldsfolks@... Thank you for the answer !!!> >> > > > I bought two 46 G vials of Iodine crystals and mixed according to the directions I had ; the one quart solution turned out CLEAR !> > > > Is THIS proper ? > > > > Bob - oldsfolks@> >>

Guest guest

Thank you so much, .

So you make it and live it in a glass container, dark preferably.

How long is it good for? Is it better refrigerated?

Silvia

De: Kienle <kmkitrader@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Jueves 22 de marzo de 2012 17:35Asunto: Re: Re: REPOST of Question

Bob,

Instructions ALWAYS say to make Lugol's in a GLASS container and store in a glass container.

I was in Whole Foods last week and saw that they had 16oz dark glass bottles, $2.49.

This would be good for storage, they might be able to get 32oz bottles if you ask !

kmk

From: Bob Olds <oldsfolks@...>Subject: Re: REPOST of Questioniodine Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 8:15 PM

I think the crystals were black. I mixed it in a clean plastic bottle , and wrapped it with aluminum foil to keep light away ; then stored inside a cabinet which is opened only when I refill the dropper bottle. Where is the best place to buy more iodine ? oldsfolks@... Thank you for the answer !!!> >> > > > I bought two 46 G vials of Iodine crystals and mixed according to the directions I had ; the one quart solution turned out CLEAR !> > > > Is THIS proper ? > > > > Bob - oldsfolks@> >>

Guest guest

Silvia

I am going to make my own Lugo's as soon as I run out in several months.

From what I read it should last well over a year in a sealed bottle.

Nothing in it to spoil, so no need to refrigerate, just keep at room temperature in a dark bottle.

Will keep mine in a dark cabinet out of the way and refill my 2oz dropper bottle as needed.

kmk

I think the crystals were black. I mixed it in a clean plastic bottle , and wrapped it with aluminum foil to keep light away ; then stored inside a cabinet which is opened only when I refill the dropper bottle. Where is the best place to buy more iodine ? oldsfolks@... Thank you for the answer !!! > > > > > > I bought two 46 G vials of Iodine crystals and mixed according to the directions I had ; the one quart solution turned out CLEAR ! > > > > Is THIS proper ? > > > > Bob - oldsfolks@ > > >

Guest guest

Thank you so much, !

S

De: Kienle <kmkitrader@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Viernes 23 de marzo de 2012 1:44Asunto: Re: Re: REPOST of Question

Silvia

I am going to make my own Lugo's as soon as I run out in several months.

From what I read it should last well over a year in a sealed bottle.

Nothing in it to spoil, so no need to refrigerate, just keep at room temperature in a dark bottle.

Will keep mine in a dark cabinet out of the way and refill my 2oz dropper bottle as needed.

kmk

I think the crystals were black. I mixed it in a clean plastic bottle , and wrapped it with aluminum foil to keep light away ; then stored inside a cabinet which is opened only when I refill the dropper bottle. Where is the best place to buy more iodine ? oldsfolks@... Thank you for the answer !!! > > > > > > I bought two 46 G vials of Iodine crystals and mixed according to the directions I had ; the one quart solution turned out CLEAR ! > > > > Is THIS proper ? > > > > Bob - oldsfolks@ > > >