RemedySpot.com

Violet's Vitamin Inquiry

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

First, there are 2 fallacies involved in your thinking/reasoning.1.  That your digestion & absorption is *perfect*.  If you are on any antacids, your digestion is impaired.  Many other things affect it as well.

2.  That the nutrients are actually there, in the food, when you eat it.  Depleted soils grow deficient foods.  Storing food or cooking it in some ways destroys vitamins.  Incorrect combining of foods can block some nutrients.  For instance, milk, coffee or chocolate with iron.

Counting on getting the nutrients you need from food is chancy . . .

Vitamin Inquiry

Posted by: " Violet Persuasion "

jj.foreveryoung@...

violetpersuasion@...

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:11 am (PDT)

My hubby and I were talking about my drastically low levels of basically

all nutrients I was tested for, my labs showed low calcium, iron, sodium.... and that is with me being a devoted Nourishing Traditions woman, so I get PLENTY of celtic sea salt, raw milk/cottage cheese/butter/plain full fat yogurt, and meats (I LOVE liver!). With recent body-failings that scared me quite a bit and high-dosing B12

at 6,000-7,000MCG a day and seeing results, I am acknowledging that supplements DO work.

But, if my body is somehow not taking in the ample nutrients from the sources I get already through food.... how is it that high-dosing vitamins are better absorbed into my body?-- Peace . . . Hawkridgein a NE Seattle 'burb