RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Persistent Throat pain and cough? Please Help!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Wow. Jeanne, thank you so much for sharing this. I did start stumbling on salivary gland info but didn't continue my research. It does say in Iodoral instructions to notify the doc if one is having excess salvation, which I do have on and off. I didn't take my iodine today and feel much less tightness in my throat. Sent from my HTC smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!----- Reply message -----From: " jeanne_de2000 " <jeanne_de2000@...><iodine >Subject: Re: Persistent Throat pain and cough? Please Help!Date: Wed, Mar 21, 2012 12:06 am

It has been quite some time now and I no longer have all

of the emails or research I did on this. But, yes I

had symptoms very similar to what you are describing.

At the time, I read a study which indicated that the

iodine was having an impact on some of the participants'

salivary glands and they stopped using it because of

that.

There was no cough. but I did have a gripping feeling in

my throat and under the jaw...in some ways it seemed like

swollen glands. It was very frightening to me at the time.

Jeanne

>

> > Pregnancy takes its toll on your thyroid as the baby takes thyroid hormone from you for the first 2 tri-mesters. Goiter is very common in pregnancy. How much of the companion nutrients are you taking?

> >

> > Buist, ND HC

> >

> >

> > Persistent Throat pain and cough? Please Help!

> >

> >

> > Hi

> > I am 8mth pregnant. I've been on the iodine protocol since about a month before pregnancy. Just taking 12.5mg of iodoral with all the companions supplements as well.

> >

> > Throughout the pregnancy from quite early on, I have had pain in my throat. It feels like someone is squeezing my throat or windpipe. A bit like a choking feel with pain, tightness. It is hard to describe. I often cough after it to open my throat up again. And is worse after eating. Soothed by cold foods.

> >

> > It has got worse as the pregnancy has gone on. And I initially thought it might be a type of reflux but I don't get any acid in my mouth just the excruciating tight feeling. The obstetrician wanted me to get a throat ultrasound to see if I had a hidden goiter. But then she forgot to order it so it hasn't happened. She thought it could also be a oesophageal spasm.

> >

> > I didn't have it prior to pregnancy as far as I can remember.

> >

> > Has anyone got any insight?? I would really appreciate it.

> >

> > I am having a c section for the birth too and the OB said we needed to find out what it was in case I had to have a General Anaesthetic and they needed to intubate me (put a breathing tube in my throat). She seemed concerned that if there was a problem in my throat this could be difficult.

> >

> > I am hopeful of some answers here...there seems to be SO little said on iodine during pregnancy.

> >

> > Oh I am hypothyroid and currently take 280mg of NTH ...my labs have been pretty good throughout, of course suppress TSH but FT4 approx at 12 and FT3 approx 5.0 for most of the pregnancy. FT3 went a bit high last month so I reduced from 300mg to 280mg.

> >

> > Thanks

> > Christen

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by

> > The story behind actor's weird beard

> > " Hunger Games " star Wes Bentley got crazy looks everywhere he went  except one place.

> > Privacy Policy

>