RemedySpot.com

Re: Too Much Medications

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sometimes people don't convert T4 into T3 well. In these cases you may need to have additional T3 supplied until the underlying issues of why you cannot convert can be addressed. This can be related to a liver toxicity issue as T4 is converted to T3 there. Monitoring Free T3 levels will ensure that you are not getting too much. Do not take your medication on the day of the blood draw. I am also a patient of Dr. Brownstein's as well as a friend of his. This office is the only doctor that was able to help me heal from cancer. I owe CHM my life. :)

Buist, ND HC

Too Much Medications

It was suggested that I ask this question here. I posted it on two other boards and had one response. My question is, is it ok to take NatureThroid and a prescription for T3 at the same time. I'm a patient of Dr. Brownstein's office but I'm still uncomfortable with this. It just seems to be too much. My labs were much better at my last appt (had high TSH at prior appt). The reason the T3 was prescribed was because he wanted the numbers to go down faster. I have been on NatureThroid for six months. Any thoughts?

Guest guest

I know of a # of people who are taking NTH AND T3.I also know of some who are

taking NTH and,...T4.And some who are taking T3 and T4.These people have found

what 'worked for them', and not only gets their test results in the right place,

BUT consistantly makes them feel 'well'. I really think it requires an

individualised approach, not a " one size fits all " ; Your lucky, as most Dr.'s

are 'locked in' on a one size fits all, and A)Wouldn't consider using NTH, or B)

Believe in NTH, but insist T3 or T4 are 'synthcrap'and to be avoided.

It took many years for you to get to this point, Give the Dr. some time to 'fine

tune' and find what works for you.

If you are concerned, familiarise yourself with the symptoms of HYPERTHYROIDISM,

as thats what you will experience if you do get on 'too much' thyroid meds. Just

my opinion,...Jim

>

> Sometimes people don't convert T4 into T3 well. In these cases you may need

to have additional T3 supplied until the underlying issues of why you cannot

convert can be addressed. This can be related to a liver toxicity issue as T4 is

converted to T3 there. Monitoring Free T3 levels will ensure that you are not

getting too much. Do not take your medication on the day of the blood draw. I

am also a patient of Dr. Brownstein's as well as a friend of his. This office

is the only doctor that was able to help me heal from cancer. I owe CHM my

life. :)

>

> Buist, ND HC

>

>

> Too Much Medications

>

>

>

> It was suggested that I ask this question here. I posted it on two other

boards and had one response. My question is, is it ok to take NatureThroid and a

prescription for T3 at the same time. I'm a patient of Dr. Brownstein's office

but I'm still uncomfortable with this. It just seems to be too much. My labs

were much better at my last appt (had high TSH at prior appt). The reason the T3

was prescribed was because he wanted the numbers to go down faster. I have been

on NatureThroid for six months. Any thoughts?

>

Guest guest

If you are fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Brownstein, I wouldn’t be worried. But ask him for an explanation so you feel comfortable. Donna in IL, moderator From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of dutchdivcoSent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:57 PMiodine Subject: Re: Too Much Medications I know of a # of people who are taking NTH AND T3.I also know of some who are taking NTH and,...T4.And some who are taking T3 and T4.These people have found what 'worked for them', and not only gets their test results in the right place, BUT consistantly makes them feel 'well'. I really think it requires an individualised approach, not a " one size fits all " ; Your lucky, as most Dr.'s are 'locked in' on a one size fits all, and A)Wouldn't consider using NTH, or B) Believe in NTH, but insist T3 or T4 are 'synthcrap'and to be avoided.It took many years for you to get to this point, Give the Dr. some time to 'fine tune' and find what works for you.If you are concerned, familiarise yourself with the symptoms of HYPERTHYROIDISM, as thats what you will experience if you do get on 'too much' thyroid meds. Just my opinion,...Jim>> Sometimes people don't convert T4 into T3 well. In these cases you may need to have additional T3 supplied until the underlying issues of why you cannot convert can be addressed. This can be related to a liver toxicity issue as T4 is converted to T3 there. Monitoring Free T3 levels will ensure that you are not getting too much. Do not take your medication on the day of the blood draw. I am also a patient of Dr. Brownstein's as well as a friend of his. This office is the only doctor that was able to help me heal from cancer. I owe CHM my life. :)> > Buist, ND HC> > > Too Much Medications> > > > It was suggested that I ask this question here. I posted it on two other boards and had one response. My question is, is it ok to take NatureThroid and a prescription for T3 at the same time. I'm a patient of Dr. Brownstein's office but I'm still uncomfortable with this. It just seems to be too much. My labs were much better at my last appt (had high TSH at prior appt). The reason the T3 was prescribed was because he wanted the numbers to go down faster. I have been on NatureThroid for six months. Any thoughts?>

Guest guest

Thanks everyone. Your comments really helped!

> >

> > Sometimes people don't convert T4 into T3 well. In these cases you may need

convert can be addressed. This can be related to a liver toxicity issue as T4 is

getting too much. Do not take your medication on the day of the blood draw. I am

also a patient of Dr. Brownstein's as well as a friend of his. This office is

the only doctor that was able to help me heal from cancer. I owe CHM my life. :)

> >

> > Buist, ND HC

> >

> >

> > Too Much Medications

> >

> >

> >

> > It was suggested that I ask this question here. I posted it on two other

boards and had one response. My question is, is it ok to take NatureThroid and a

were much better at my last appt (had high TSH at prior appt). The reason the T3

> >

>

> ________________________________

>

Guest guest

I've been taking both, and iodine too, and haven't had a problem.

Jaye

> >

> > Sometimes people don't convert T4 into T3 well. In these cases you may need

getting too much. Do not take your medication on the day of the blood draw. I

am also a patient of Dr. Brownstein's as well as a friend of his. This office

is the only doctor that was able to help me heal from cancer. I owe CHM my

life. :)

> >

> > Buist, ND HC

> >

> >

> > Too Much Medications

> >

> >

> >

> > It was suggested that I ask this question here. I posted it on two other

> >

>