RemedySpot.com

Vitamin C questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

EsterC is calcium ascorbate - calcium bound to Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid).  It's FAR from a " natural " or " whole " form of C.

If you are prone to kidney stones, or malabsorbption of calcium, or have any history of heartburn, acid blocking drugs, antacids, etc - STAY AWAY.  It is nothing but a jar of kidney stones.  (As is orange juice enriched with calcium!)

That white rind of grapefruit has the bioflavinoids, it is from the white rind of citrus, so yes, it is supposed to taste like that.

I use plain ol' Ascorbic Acid, usually with bioflavanoids.  If that is hard on tummy (can be too acid for some), try sodium ascorbate.  That's the sodium bound to ascorbic acid. is not hard on tummy, no kidney stones.

I have maldigestion and malabsorption, AND I'm not convinced that ascorbic acid is less good than eating orange rinds, etc.  Because of my condition (I have no stomach, so very little digestion), I cannot risk taking anything that requires digestion - I need it to be easily absorbed, immediately.  YMMV. (Your Mileage May Vary.)

A very good summary of my attitudes re: vitamins/supplements is here:

http://www.doctoryourself.com/synthetic.html

Not sure why you think Vitamin C oil is an option - I've never heard of it.  A super saturated solution of C would be skin irritant, and the oil soluble form (ascorbyl palmitate) is expensive and hard to work with.  Getting several grams a day into you would be difficult in this way.

Almost all companies have some form of ascorbic acid with bioflavinoids.  Buy it.  Take with food.  It's all good.

Best,

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 12:35 PM, <iodine > wrote:

10a.

Best form of vitamin C, and  how to make magnesium oil

Posted by: " gigsiB " z7udumm@...   hlgdnl

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:09 am (PDT)

Trying once more - My vitamin C question was never answered, so I am bunching 2 questions in hopes of having more luck: The supposedly better Ester-C 500 mg I recently bought leaves me shaking uncontrollably. It says " Gentle, with citrus bioflavonoids " but it sure is not gentle on my system. It does not even taste like vitamin C, but has a bitter taste like the white inside rind of grapefruits. Is that how Ester-C is supposed to taste? What would be a better form of vitamin C? Where do I find a recipe for making my own vitamin C oil?

2. How do I make oil of magnesium?I hope someone can enlighten me; I thought I'd seen it somewhere before, but my search didn't bring up anything.Thank you very much

-- Peace . . . Hawkridgein a NE Seattle 'burb

-- Peace . . . Hawkridgein a NE Seattle 'burb