RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: New to the group. [1 Attachment]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lynne

Surgeons always want to cut some thing out, that's what they get paid to do. I would be getting 2nd and even 3rd opinions before getting stuff cut out. Those are NOT just spare parts you don't need.

Had to have one parathyroid removed in 2007 and with a good doctor (Dr. Norman, Tampa FL) it is an easy operation, a bad surgeon can do lots of damage.

kmk

Not sure where the seaweed info is coming from, but the RDA for iodine is 150 mcg (micrograms) which is ridiculously low. Seaweed will provide iodine in mcg (microgram) doses. You need to be looking at mgs (milligrams) for iodine, seaweed won't be able to provide the amount you'd need to treat for cancer. Iodoral or Lugol's iodine will provide the larger milligram doses. LinnModerator

>> Hi,> I am so happy to be part of this group. I have never had thyroid problems, but I fear that my lack of iodine intake has caused my thyroid tumor. I will need to have surgery in a few weeks to remove a large 5 cm. tumor that has a 30% chance of being malignant.> As soon as I found out that I had a growth on my tumor, I started doing research and found that lack of iodine can cause adenomos on the thyroid. I immediately started eating 1/3 of a cup of Dulse seaweed, which contains 780% of the daily requirement or about 1,100 mg. of iodine.> My question to the group is: would eating dulse every day take the place of

taking an iodine supplement? Also, should I wait until after the surgery to take the iodine or start taking it now, if the Dulse seaweed is not the answer to getting enough iodine into my body.> > Thanks so much for any advice or suggestions!> Lynne>

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899" align=center>

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4876 - Release Date: 03/17/12