RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Vitamin Inquiry/Move to Off Topic Group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This discussion has veered away from iodine; please continue it on the Iodine Off Topic Group.

IodineOT/

Thank you!

Kathleen

Moderator, Iodine Group

Re: Vitamin Inquiry

There is an easy way to know. You could buy a bottle of betaine HCL with pepsin (digestive enzyme). These are usually 650mg caps (my husband uses the Twinlab brand with great results).... take one before a meal and watch how you feel. If you feel the symptoms of heartburn or any type of gastric irritation, then your stomach has enough acid as it is. If not you gradually up ur dose after a week to 2 caps and then to as many as 3 prior to each meal till ur body gets retrained to make sufficient gastric juice (containing HCL) to digest food properly. My husband has had GERD for a very long time with years of being on proton-pump inhibitors like Nexium which only exacerbate the problem, cause more malnutrition and can end up giving u stomach cancer. Now he takes just one pill of HCL and symptoms just disappeared!You can learn more on Kresser's site which seems to be down now, or I would have pasted a link here.>> I'm positive that my digestion is impaired. I actually have a new question related to this...> > If I am taking ACV with every meal, will I also need digestive enzyme pills as well, or should the Bragg's ACV that I already have be sufficient for the average non-processor to start processing the nutrients. If I should be also taking dig. enzymes, I will need to order those quickly, to start taking with my other stuff. :)> > ~Jess>