> Hi

>

> I have got my results back for vitamin t d3. It's was 38, there is no lab

range could anyone tell me what'd a good level it should've. I currently take

thyroxine and t3.

>

> Thanks rachel

>

Hi , I have an ongoing problem with my GP. Months ago, I repeatedly requested a Vit D test which he thought was unnecessary. Searching the net indicated something was untoward and I had a test from City Assays that revealed a level of 34 nmol/L.

I took the results to my GP who had to phone the hospitals biochemist who recommended Calceos (Vit D3 + Calcium0 400IU x 2 daily.

More NHS incompetence is proven from their Pathway for Vit D Deficiency at; The NHS Pathway for Vit D Management I should have had 50,000IU for 7 days. Then the maintenance dose that I'm now on.

The Daily Mail did a recent article on Vit D; Five volunteers had their Vitamin D levels tested and the results were shocking. They're all part of... Generation D Bill.

>> Hi > > I have got my results back for vitamin t d3. It's was 38, there is no lab range could anyone tell me what'd a good level it should've. I currently take thyroxine and t3.> > Thanks rachel>

My endo said it should be over 75 for me.

Val

I have got my results back for vitamin t d3. It's was 38, there is no lab range could anyone tell me what'd a good level it should've. I currently take thyroxine and t3.Thanks rachel

That looks about right - my lot are getting twitchy now my level is over 120...

D

>

> My endo said it should be over 75 for me.

> Val

>

thyroxine and t3.

>

> Thanks rachel

>

Hi everyone

Thank youso much for all your responses. Im glad I ordered myd3 now.

Bill an I ask are you on thyroid meds ? If so do you take your. It d3 away fro

Them. I have ordered healthy origins 5.000 d3 it states one a day but debating

if I should take two per day. ? As imnot to sure what my levels shluld be il

have to adk my endo. Also do You have to take calcium with vit d3 or can you

take it alone.

Thanks rachel x

>

>

> Hi , I have an ongoing problem with my GP. Months ago, I

> repeatedly requested a Vit D test which he thought was unnecessary.

> Searching the net indicated something was untoward and I had a test from

> City Assays that revealed a level of 34 nmol/L.

>

>

Thanks Val

Do you take vit d 3 supplement

Thanks rachel x

>

> My endo said it should be over 75 for me.

> Val

>

thyroxine and t3.

>

> Thanks rachel

>

Hi again--

I've taken D3 for depression--inadvertently finding out my level was 10!  Rather than taking the 50,000 prescription, I just started taking 5,000 mg/day.  Most recently it was measured at 56, though I ate my lunch just before they took the blood, and I'm not sure how that would effect it. 

Now I need to think about it visavis hypothyroidism (and potential TT).

I was referred to a 2007 NewEngland Journal of Medicine paper by  F. Holick, PhD, MD,  but now see he has a website.  This information might be useful. 

F. Holick, PhD, MD, Professor of Medicine, Physiology and Biophysics, Boston University Medical Center

http://vitamindhealth.org/original-journal-articles/

Abbie

back to work!

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM, hayesrk31 <hayesrk31@...> wrote:

Hi everyone Thank youso much for all your responses. Im glad I ordered myd3 now.Bill an I ask are you on thyroid meds ? If so do you take your. It d3 away froThem. I have ordered healthy origins 5.000 d3 it states one a day but debating if I should take two per day. ? As imnot to sure what my levels shluld be il have to adk my endo. Also do You have to take calcium with vit d3 or can you take it alone.

Thanks rachel x >>

> Hi , I have an ongoing problem with my GP. Months ago, I> repeatedly requested a Vit D test which he thought was unnecessary.> Searching the net indicated something was untoward and I had a test from

> City Assays that revealed a level of 34 nmol/L.> >

-- Regards,  Abbiec 240-988-5394Our brilliance, our juiciness, our spiciness, is all mixed up with our craziness and our confusion, therefore it doesn’t do any good to try to get rid of our so-called negative aspects, because in that process we also get rid of our basic wonderfulness. ~ Pema Chodron, The Wisdom of No Escape and the Path of Loving-Kindess, 1991, p. 7

Hi , I have no faith in the NHS, as some will understand, and am seeking an appointment with Dr P. No, I am not, and never have been, on any thyroid treatment.

I did, as advised by Sheila, challenge my GP over the Ferritin, at 55 ug/L (22 - 275), and Serum B12, at 348 ng/L (189 - 883) He then referred me to a Haematologist who, when I arrived at reception, had cancelled the appointment. I hope to discover the rationale behind his reason from my GP on Friday.

With regards to Vit D I think most members would advise you to check your levels first. I didn't know until recently that Vit D is actually a pro-hormone. My levels were just 34 nmol/L (optimum >75). It was bad enough that my GP had to phone the biochemist for interpretation of the results, but even worse, when the past 2 weeks of festivities have been ruined through both their incompetence when I was only prescribed 800IU maintenance treatment as opposed to 50,000IU for 7 days. Despite my repeated requests for a Vit D test, the Pathway also states that it is an "absolute" requirement to test if a patient is on enzyme inducing anti-epileptic drugs (NICE Guidance CG20).

The Calceos tablets, I'm currently taking, contain 400IU's of Vit D and 1.5mg of Calcium. I'm sorry, but I would ask more learned members than me whether Calcium is a further requirement when taking 5000IU's daily.

I'm not a difficult or vindictive person at all, but I'm not the only one that believes my lack of treatment is retribution for simply pursuing my Health Trust for the questionable death of my late partner. The case is now subject to subjudice, but I have now proven an erroneous death when Her only recorded cause is Lung cancer and 3 independent experts deem that none of Her X-rays or CT scans show any definite evidence of cancer.

Bill.

> >> >> > Hi , I have an ongoing problem with my GP. Months ago, I> > repeatedly requested a Vit D test which he thought was unnecessary.> > Searching the net indicated something was untoward and I had a test from> > City Assays that revealed a level of 34 nmol/L.> >> >>

Hi ,

I am taking 4000/day. I thought I was on 2000 but had not noticed that I was also getting 2000 in my “fatigued to fantastic†supplement. Anyway I told the endo who stressed that if I was taking D3 then I must also check my bones/calcium with blood tests & a bone density as well, as a D3 blood test on it’s own is not sufficient as I could be doing damage. So he did the blood tests which were fine and so I am continuing with the 4000/day. I get plenty of sun in the summer but obviously needed this extra d3.

The extra blood tests were: Albumin, Alkaline Phosphatase, Calcium, Calcium (adjusted) and inorganic Phosphate.

Val

Do you take vit d 3 supplementThanks rachel

Hi val

Thanks for the Information, I have just started taking 10,000 I take two 5000

after doing my research that's the recommended dose to help fight of depression.

Can I Ask why you had the calcium test done, I've had the test for calcium but

not got the results back. Does your calcium have to be a certain level to be as

to tolerate d3.

Sorry for the so many questions

d

>

> Hi ,

>

> I am taking 4000/day. I thought I was on 2000 but had not noticed that I was

also getting 2000 in my “fatigued to fantastic†supplement. Anyway I told

the endo who stressed that if I was taking D3 then I must also check my

bones/calcium with blood tests & a bone density as well, as a D3 blood test on

it’s own is not sufficient as I could be doing damage. So he did the blood

tests which were fine and so I am continuing with the 4000/day. I get plenty of

sun in the summer but obviously needed this extra d3.

>

> The extra blood tests were: Albumin, Alkaline Phosphatase, Calcium, Calcium

(adjusted) and inorganic Phosphate.

>

> Val

>

> Do you take vit d 3 supplement

>

> Thanks rachel

>

Hi ,

I do not know the science. I had the calcium tests as the endo told me I needed them due to taking D3, particularly as he was taken back with the amount I had been inadvertently taking (4000/day). I remember him saying something about bones & bone density being at risk from this. Anyway the tests came back ok & I am continuing on this 4000/day for the winter at least.

Val

Can I Ask why you had the calcium test done, I've had the test for calcium but not got the results back. Does your calcium have to be a certain level to be as to tolerate d3.