RemedySpot.com

Re: If you REALLY want to help to get the justice we all deserve....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear SheilaI have signed upRegardsCarol Fullbrook

thyroid treatment From: sheila@...Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:20:38 +0000Subject: If you REALLY want to help to get the justice we all deserve....

Dear Member

If you genuinely want to help yourself and all those being left to suffer because they are being denied a correct diagnosis or are refused any other form of thyroid hormone replacement other than levothyroxine only, then please read on....and let's start 2012 as we mean to go on.

WE CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR HELP.Perhaps if everybody subscribed to Dr Skinner's World Thyroid Register, we might make start to make some headway into our long awaited need to get justice for all those left suffering - see http://www.worldthyroidregister.com/ . The proceeds of this register would be used "…..to help to address the parlous situation of patients who are hypothyroid and have yet not been diagnosed and indeed patients who are being managed with an unacceptably low level of thyroid replacement. The situation has significantly worsened in the last one year pursuant to pronouncements in the UK from the Royal College of Physicians and the Royal College of General Practitioners who inter alia have suggested that patients should not be diagnosed with hypothyroidism if the TSH is <10.0, and moreover that Armour Thyroid is a 'bad' preparation because the proportions of T4/T3 ,may not reflect the human proportions while contemporaneously suggesting prescription of T4 alone; this makes no sense at all.

Everything has to date failed including petitions with large number of signatures from hypothyroid patients and other concerned parties including solicitations to the various Members of Parliament in the UK and a plethora of letters to the General Medical Council who do not seem to wish to embrace this matter.

It seems to us that the only way forward is to form a World Thyroid Register with at least around 50,000 signatories who at a future date may be asked £20 or perhaps $30 which will be used to mount an effective campaign to redress this problem; for example, appropriate complaint from a given patient on their own health problems to (perhaps) the General Medical Council which will ensure through constitutional requirement that the matter would be considered seriously. It may also be necessary if there is no final movement on this issue to consider legal redress but we sincerely hope that this will not be necessary; however, at the end of the day, we cannot allow thousands of patients to be abandoned to poor quality existence because of inexplicable obduracy among the medical profession and the medical establishment.

We have therefore started a World Thyroid Register which will consist of a list of completely confidential names. I cannot emphasise strongly enough that this register will not do anything else, other than be a register until there is the requirement for definitive action. I am particularly concerned that the leaders of groups, for example, presently established thyroid help groups will be concerned or think that we are trying to 'take over' their names. In fact, we would not wish the names of the members of any given help group, but merely an assurance which is not binding, that when, if required, the chairperson will make appropriate contact with his/her group members. We will th7us have two kinds of members, namely, those who have signed up to the World Thyroid Register and members via affiliated groups from established organisations.

We have to do something now.

Yours for aye

Dr. Gordon RB Skinner MD DSc FRCOG FRCPath

Hi Sheila

I've added my details to the register and will happily donate £20 at a future

date if required.

Gill

> Dear Member

>

> If you genuinely want to help yourself and all those being left to

> suffer because they are being denied a correct diagnosis or are refused

> any other form of thyroid hormone replacement other than levothyroxine

> only, then please read on....and let's start 2012 as we mean to go on.

>

> WE CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR HELP.

>

> Perhaps if everybody subscribed to Dr Skinner's World Thyroid Register,

> we might make start to make some headway into our long awaited need

>

>

> Dear Member

>

>

>

> Perhaps if everybody subscribed to Dr Skinner's World Thyroid Register,

> we might make start to make some headway into our long awaited need to

> get justice for all those left suffering - see

> http://www.worldthyroidregister.com/

> <http://www.worldthyroidregister.com/>

Hi Sheila,thanks for posting this i enrolled on the register yesterday,i do not

have much money but i would if needed pay the £20.00 to help push this

forward.I have lost count of the number of doctors i have seen ,and still i feel

i have not had the Right Support or treatment.I want a trial on t3 but i've had

to self medicate to get that trail.I feel the NHS are working against us and not

with us.So good luck to the World Register and thank you sheila for all you hard

work.I sometime think i would go mad if it was not for this forum it's like

banging your head against a brick wall with the NHS.Regards Helen.

I signed Dr. Skinner's register some time ago, is this the same register or do I

need to sign again? And you're welcome to £20 should the need arise.

Louise.

>

>

> Dear Member

>

HI SHEILA

I think I am already on this register, but would you confirm.

I do not mind contributing £20 when the time comes.

Kathleen

>

>

> Dear Member

>

>

>

Having looked at the Registration process; it is not clear to me, am I, as a non sufferer, eligible?I live with a wife who has hypothyroidism and am disgusted by the treatment she has received.Why is it accepted in the US that they need 12 tablet doses available, when we have 3?I call that rubbish science. That is only the tip of an iceberg which causes so many folk so many problems.Good wishes to all.PeteD

I've signed up too.

Mc

>

>

> Dear Member

>

>

>

>

>

> Yours for aye

>

> Dr. Gordon RB Skinner MD DSc FRCOG FRCPath

>

Hi Sheila; I have signed as well and will donate £20.00 when it's needed.

Kind regards

Jane

> >

> >

> > Dear Member

> >

> > If you genuinely want to help yourself and all those being left to

> > suffer because they are being denied a correct diagnosis or are refused

> > any other form of thyroid hormone replacement other than levothyroxine

> > only, then please read on....and let's start 2012 as we mean to go on.

> >

> > WE CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR HELP.

> >

> >

> >

> > Yours for aye

> >

> > Dr. Gordon RB Skinner MD DSc FRCOG FRCPath

> >

>

I have joined the register and would be willing to give a donation.

Dawn

>

>

> Dear Member

>

>

>

I too have signed up. I did get a diagnosis so consider myself lucky but would like to help those still struggling to just get a diagnosis let alone the correct treatment.

Dear SheilaI have signed upRegardsCarol Fullbrook

thyroid treatment From: sheila@...Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:20:38 +0000Subject: If you REALLY want to help to get the justice we all deserve....

Dear Member

If you genuinely want to help yourself and all those being left to suffer because they are being denied a correct diagnosis or are refused any other form of thyroid hormone replacement other than levothyroxine only, then please read on....and let's start 2012 as we mean to go on

[Ed]

Oh, ok thanks Sheila.

Louise.

>

> Hello Louise, yes this is the same Register. These have to run for a long

> long time until sufficient funding has been raised.

>

> Luv - Sheila

>

>

HI SHEILA

If I have joined it would be in the name of RANGER, so if I put my change of

name, will I be entered as two people. It has already caused headaches on my

computer with software etc, but never will I change my name again.

I see you mention that it goes by the ISP number so will have a go.

Kathleen

>

> The Register doesn't belong to me and I have no access to Dr Skinner's web

> site. If you have already signed up, and you try again, you won't be allowed

> to sign twice, as the register recognises your ISP number.

>

> Luv - Sheila

>

>

>

>

> I think I am already on this register, but would you confirm.

> I do not mind contributing £20 when the time comes.

> Kathleen

>

PLEASE DELETE PREVIOUS MESSAGES BEFORE REPLYING

Thanks for that Sheila we will both be signing up.

She is " getting there " . How many times have we heard that?

Pernicious anaemia is being treated. She is taking quarter tablets of Ferrous

fumerate to try and raise Ferritin levels, despite neither the GP nor the Endo

suggesting treatment for this.

We know who to talk to if we need to!

Bless you all.

PeteD

>

> Yes, anybody and everybody is eligible.

>

> How is your wife coping at the moment? Is she getting any better, and if not,

what complaints is she suffering with. Tell us a little more so we can hopefully

help her - and you, of course.

>

> Luv - Sheila

>

EDITED to remove previous messages

• 1 month later...

Hi,

How does this apply to those of us who have already signed Dr. Skinner's World thyroid register. Do we need to do anything more at present?

Dear Member

If you genuinely want to help yourself and all those being left to suffer because they are being denied a correct diagnosis or are refused any other form of thyroid hormone replacement other than levothyroxine only, then please read on....and let's start 2012 as we mean to go on.

WE CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR HELP.Perhaps if everybody subscribed to Dr Skinner's World Thyroid Register, we might make start to make some headway into our long awaited need to get justice for all those left suffering - see http://www.worldthyroidregister.com/ . The proceeds of this register would be used "…..to help to address the parlous situation of patients who are hypothyroid and have yet not been diagnosed and indeed patients who are being managed with an unacceptably low level of thyroid replacement. The situation has significantly worsened in the last one year pursuant to pronouncements in the UK from the Royal College of Physicians and the Royal College of General Practitioners who inter alia have suggested that patients should not be diagnosed with hypothyroidism if the TSH is <10.0, and moreover that Armour Thyroid is a 'bad' preparation because the proportions of T4/T3 ,may not reflect the human proportions while contemporaneously suggesting prescription of T4 alone; this makes no sense at all.

Everything has to date failed including petitions with large number of signatures from hypothyroid patients and other concerned parties including solicitations to the various Members of Parliament in the UK and a plethora of letters to the General Medical Council who do not seem to wish to embrace this matter.

It seems to us that the only way forward is to form a World Thyroid Register with at least around 50,000 signatories who at a future date may be asked £20 or perhaps $30 which will be used to mount an effective campaign to redress this problem; for example, appropriate complaint from a given patient on their own health problems to (perhaps) the General Medical Council which will ensure through constitutional requirement that the matter would be considered seriously. It may also be necessary if there is no final movement on this issue to consider legal redress but we sincerely hope that this will not be necessary; however, at the end of the day, we cannot allow thousands of patients to be abandoned to poor quality existence because of inexplicable obduracy among the medical profession and the medical establishment.

We have therefore started a World Thyroid Register which will consist of a list of completely confidential names. I cannot emphasise strongly enough that this register will not do anything else, other than be a register until there is the requirement for definitive action. I am particularly concerned that the leaders of groups, for example, presently established thyroid help groups will be concerned or think that we are trying to 'take over' their names. In fact, we would not wish the names of the members of any given help group, but merely an assurance which is not binding, that when, if required, the chairperson will make appropriate contact with his/her group members. We will th7us have two kinds of members, namely, those who have signed up to the World Thyroid Register and members via affiliated groups from established organisations.

We have to do something now.

Yours for aye

Dr. Gordon RB Skinner MD DSc FRCOG FRCPath

If

you have already subscribed to Dr Skinner's Register , http://www.worldthyroidregister.com/ you need do nothing now

but wait until the time is ripe for the requirement of definitive action, and

at that time, you will be asked to donate £20 or perhaps $30 which will be used

to mount an effective campaign to redress this problem; for example,

appropriate complaint from a given patient on their own health problems to

(perhaps) the General Medical Council which will ensure through constitutional

requirement that the matter would be considered seriously. It may also be

necessary if there is no final movement on this issue to consider legal redress

but we sincerely hope that this will not be necessary; however, at the end of

the day, we cannot allow thousands of patients to be abandoned to poor quality

existence because of inexplicable obduracy among the medical profession and the

medical establishment.

Sheila