RemedySpot.com

new to list; considering surgery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all.

I'm new to this list and hail from the USA.  My quick story:  Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 2007 and (finally) stable.  Hurrah!  not jittery nor sleepy (Lithium effected my thyroid, my TSH reached 60--and discovered the hypothyroidism.  Anxiety/depression had made it very hard to stabilize. 

So now:  After my spring ultrasound, the endo recommended a biopsy, given that I now had a nodule of 2cm and my father's history of malignancy 40 years ago(and successful total thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy.).. A June biopsy was " inconclusive " and the December was " suspicious for papillary carcinoma " . 

A 2nd pathologist (my SO works in an histology lab as technician, so the pathologist there--who has published re thyroid--reviewed my slides).  He referred to a " folicular lesion " and suggested I wait and see--and have more scans, etc.  " this is what he'd tell his wife " ...   So, I saw a surgeon (ENT) last week who recommended a total TT in agreement with my endo.  The surgeon said that even if I wait, whether the nodule grows or doesn't, it will still be pretty much the same picture; that FNBs just can't give the whole picture.  When I said it might just be a big nothing, and asked, Should I hurry to have surgery, he said that 80% of people in my situation decide to have the surgery and thought I should have it. 

I realize that some (most?) of you are in the UK, and with NHW, things are very different (including how quickly folks have such surgeries).  However, I thought some you might have some stories to share--experience, strength, or even hope ? 

Signed,

patient in maryland

Abbie

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Forster <valforster@...> wrote:

My endo said it should be over 75 for me.

Val

I have got my results back for vitamin t d3. It's was 38, there is no lab range could anyone tell me what'd a good level it should've. I currently take thyroxine and t3.

Thanks rachel

-- Regards,  Abbiec 240-988-5394Our brilliance, our juiciness, our spiciness, is all mixed up with our craziness and our confusion, therefore it doesn’t do any good to try to get rid of our so-called negative aspects, because in that process we also get rid of our basic wonderfulness. ~ Pema Chodron, The Wisdom of No Escape and the Path of Loving-Kindess, 1991, p. 7