RemedySpot.com

Magnesium

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

I has a magnesium test done result is 0.76 range is 0.6 to 1.0. Please an

anyone advise I'd this is a good result or weather I need to supplement his.

Also if anyone else takes magnesium if so as it helped you whilst on rhyroid

meds. Thanks X

That's not a bad result , magnesium should be near to the

top of the range. Some people find 500mgs magnesium citrate helps when the

level starts to drop.

Luv - Sheila

I has a magnesium test done result is 0.76 range is 0.6 to 1.0. Please an

anyone advise I'd this is a good result or weather I need to supplement his.

Also if anyone else takes magnesium if so as it helped you whilst on rhyroid

meds. Thanks X

No

virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 2012.0.1901 / Virus Database: 2109/4726 - Release Date: 01/06/12

Hi Sheila, whether it's an uncanny coincidence, or tracking cookies are doing their job, I don't know? I was reading "magnesium deficiency in epilepsy ".The key thing to see is that magnesium is absorbed primarily by the duodenum, where the "big 4" (gluten, casein, soy and corn) do their main damage. That same area is where calcium, iron, iodine, B complex/folate, C, zinc, manganese and other trace elements are absorbed. That is why celiacs, for example, are the "who's who" of what goes wrong with people (and pets). Processing these grains (e.g. white flour) makes the gluten/lectins more available to do their harm. BUT, once sensitized, the individual cannot handle even the gluten in whole wheat products. If the bread sticks together, there is gluten available for harm unless they have used gums and other "glues" to hold it together, which they do in gluten-free breads. But if you're going to do that...use gums to hold whole wheat together...why use it at all, if it is not going to even be available for digestion??? See the "pretzel" logic here?The Father Nature (smile) you refer to IS correct...those foods that are likely to block the absorption of a substance are often rich in that substance.The Creation is perfect in that regard. Milk is the glaring example. It is LOADED with calcium but most of it is unavailable due to the blocking effect of casein.I t is an epidemiological fact that the countries that drink the most cow milk have the worst osteoporosis and that is because casein blocks calcium absorption (especially in pasteurized milk and cheese) and it also induces villous atrophy in susceptible individuals, which further blocks calcium absorption. Therefore, dairy is the absolute worst source of calcium followed by cereal grains...and now soy................ continues at; http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f20/hi-everyone-i-hope-i-can-some-help-1314/index2.html#post9176If it's too much information, please moderate, but since I've been taking only 250mg daily, I've stopped the bathroom trots at night.Another good read is; The Importance of Magnesium to Human Nutrition by B. Schachter M.D., F.A.C.A.M.Magnesium is an extremely important and valuable mineral, whose value for good health is just being recognized by conventional physicians.Bill>> That's not a bad result , magnesium should be near to the top of the> range. Some people find 500mgs magnesium citrate helps when the level starts> to drop.> > Luv - Sheila> > > > I has a magnesium test done result is 0.76 range is 0.6 to 1.0. Please an> anyone advise I'd this is a good result or weather I need to supplement his.> Also if anyone else takes magnesium if so as it helped you whilst on rhyroid> meds. Thanks X> > > > _____ > > No virus found in this message.> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com> Version: 2012.0.1901 / Virus Database: 2109/4726 - Release Date: 01/06/12>

Bill,

have you had your progesterone and possibly pregnenolone levels tested?

i read that these can be linked to epilepsy.

http://www.virginiahopkinshealthwatch.com/2011/12/progesterone-and-epilepsy-%E2%\

80%93-nih-sponsored-research-shows-benefit/

I gather that a metaobolite of progesterone: allopregnanalone, may somehow be

linked to epilepsy? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11240592

Please don't take anything without consulting your doctors though

chris

>

>

> Hi Sheila, whether it's an uncanny coincidence, or tracking cookies are

> doing their job, I don't know? I was reading " magnesium deficiency in

> epilepsy

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

I buy magnesium citrate in powder form ('Now' brand - you can get it on Amazon)

and mix it in a little juice. Solves the problem of swallowing big horse pills!

A tip - drink it right after you mix it. After a while, it must react with the

juice, and tastes a bit odd.