RemedySpot.com

Not doing well, any advise welcome

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,I have M.E., Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis. Diagnosed with hypo and adrenal problems on 5th December, 2011 and was prescribed:T3 Liotironina (liothyronine) 20mcg in the morningCoQ10 100mg 1 per day DHEA 25 mg 1 per dayThe improvement was great!!! I was delighted. On 12th December, 2011, I was told to take a 2nd T3 at 2pm. I went downhill from then on.The following week, the professor I attend explained that I have a downturn of thyroxine, i.e. I'm suppressing the production of T4 and I'm missing that. He said to increased DHEA to twice daily and CoQ10 to 3 times daily. Got bloods taken the following morning & then got an iron injection & a B12 injection. Had 2 more B12 injections about a week or so later.On 18th January, 2012, told to take a further T3 at 6pm and got more blood tests done. Phoned him again on 24th Jan to say how unwell I still am. He said to take the T3 at 7am, noon & 4pm and to double CoQ10, i.e. take 600mg per day.I finally got Vit D result and it was 30 (range >50) so am quite deficient in it. I started taking 10,000 IUs on Monday 17th January.I'm in agony, totally exhausted, no stamina whatsoever and finding it very difficult to go back to this after having improved. Can barely get out of bed, most days if I get dressed, that's all I'm able to do for a few hours.I only realised the CoQ10 I was taking was Ubiquinone so I've ordered Ubiquinol and it should arrive shortly. I've read that Ubiquinol is the proper one. Only Ubiquinol I could get that was soy-free was in the U.S. But I'll have to finish off the ones I have before starting the new ones.I'm getting a plasma cortisol test tomorrow morning at 8am. Am I supposed to fast for that? I've to take a T3 at 7am every morning so assume I'll do that. Depending on result of that, I'll get a 24 hour urine UFC. I've read adrenals can interfere with T3. I'm sleeping better since starting T3, which is good. At the moment, I'm taking:T3 Liotironina (liothyronine) 20mcg 3 per day CoQ10 100mg 6 per day DHEA 25 mg 2 per day Baclofen (for muscles) 5 mg 3 per dayNexium (for tummy) 40 mg 2 per dayParacetamol (for arthritis) 100mg 6 per dayVit D 5,000mg 2 per dayFolic Acid 0.4 mg 1 per dayLyrica 75 mg 1 per day Can somebody please advise me as I feel I'm going in the right direction, i.e. my TSH is low and my T4 is going lower too so I think that's the plan so that I stop making reverse T3. These are my blood results: 20/10 20/12 30/12 19/1/12Reverse T3 ug/L Range (0.09 - 0.35) 0.26Free T3 pmol/L Range (3.5 - 6.5) 3.7 3.3 7.1 9.5TSH mIU/L Range (0.35 - 5.5) 1.74 <0.08: <0.08 <0.08FT4 pmol/L Range (8.5 - 23) 14.9 8.9 6.9Oestradiol 45.7Oestradiol Range; 71.6 - 520.2 Follicular 204.8 - 786.1 Luteal 234.5 - 1309.0 Mid Cycle <118.2 Post menopausalI've asked about my oestradiol on a separate post, hope this was okay? Just thought I'd give them here too in case they were of importance.I hope this comes out properly, in tab form :-)Maybe it's a case of having to go through this until my numbers are right?? This is okay with me, after 25 years I have patience :-) But I'd appreciate any comments. Sorry for the long letter.Many thanks.Regards,Noreen

This one Noreen?

>

> Hi,

> I have M.E., Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis. Diagnosed with

hypo

> and adrenal problems on 5th December, 2011 and was prescribed:T3

> Liotironina (liothyronine) 20mcg in the morningCoQ10 100mg

> 1 per day DHEA 25 mg 1 per day

> The improvement was great!!! I was delighted. On 12th December, 2011,

> I was told to take a 2nd T3 at 2pm. I went downhill from then on.

> The following week, the professor I attend explained that I have a

> downturn of thyroxine, i.e. I'm suppressing the production of T4 and

I'm

> missing that. He said to increased DHEA to twice daily and CoQ10 to 3

> times daily. Got bloods taken the following morning & then got an iron

> injection & a B12 injection. Had 2 more B12 injections about a week or

> so later.

> On 18th January, 2012, told to take a further T3 at 6pm and got more

> blood tests done. Phoned him again on 24th Jan to say how unwell I

> still am. He said to take the T3 at 7am, noon & 4pm and to double

> CoQ10, i.e. take 600mg per day.

> I finally got Vit D result and it was 30 (range >50) so am quite

> deficient in it. I started taking 10,000 IUs on Monday 17th January.

> I'm in agony, totally exhausted, no stamina whatsoever and finding it

> very difficult to go back to this after having improved. Can barely

get

> out of bed, most days if I get dressed, that's all I'm able to do for

a

> few hours.

> I only realised the CoQ10 I was taking was Ubiquinone so I've ordered

> Ubiquinol and it should arrive shortly. I've read that Ubiquinol is

> the proper one. Only Ubiquinol I could get that was soy-free was in

the

> U.S. But I'll have to finish off the ones I have before starting the

> new ones.

> I'm getting a plasma cortisol test tomorrow morning at 8am. Am I

> supposed to fast for that? I've to take a T3 at 7am every morning so

> assume I'll do that. Depending on result of that, I'll get a 24 hour

> urine UFC. I've read adrenals can interfere with T3. I'm sleeping

> better since starting T3, which is good.

> At the moment, I'm taking:T3 Liotironina (liothyronine) 20mcg 3 per

day

> CoQ10 100mg 6 per day DHEA 25 mg 2 per day Baclofen

> (for muscles) 5 mg 3 per dayNexium (for tummy) 40 mg 2 per

> dayParacetamol (for arthritis) 100mg 6 per dayVit D 5,000mg 2

> per dayFolic Acid 0.4 mg 1 per dayLyrica 75 mg 1 per day

> Can somebody please advise me as I feel I'm going in the right

> direction, i.e. my TSH is low and my T4 is going lower too so I think

> that's the plan so that I stop making reverse T3. These are my blood

> results: 20/10 20/12 30/12 19/1/12

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Reverse T3 ug/L Range (0.09 - 0.35) 0.26Free T3 pmol/L Range (3.5 -

> 6.5) 3.7 3.3 7.1 9.5TSH mIU/L Range (0.35 - 5.5) 1.74 <0.08:

> <0.08 <0.08FT4 pmol/L Range (8.5 - 23) 14.9 8.9 6.9Oestradiol

> 45.7Oestradiol Range; 71.6 - 520.2 Follicular

> 204.8 - 786.1 Luteal 234.5 - 1309.0 Mid Cycle <118.2 Post

> menopausalI've asked about my oestradiol on a separate post, hope this

> was okay? Just thought I'd give them here too in case they were of

> importance.

> I hope this comes out properly, in tab form :-)

> Maybe it's a case of having to go through this until my numbers are

> right?? This is okay with me, after 25 years I have patience :-) But

> I'd appreciate any comments. Sorry for the long letter.

> Many thanks.Regards,Noreen

>

I am finding it

very difficult to make out your results Noreen. Can you please list them in

date order one under the other to separate one from the next result.

Luv - Sheila

> Reverse T3 ug/L Range (0.09 - 0.35) 0.26Free T3 pmol/L Range (3.5 -

> 6.5) 3.7 3.3 7.1 9.5TSH mIU/L Range (0.35 - 5.5) 1.74 <0.08:

> <0.08 <0.08FT4 pmol/L Range (8.5 - 23) 14.9 8.9 6.9Oestradiol

> 45.7Oestradiol Range; 71.6 - 520.2 Follicular

> 204.8 - 786.1 Luteal 234.5 - 1309.0 Mid Cycle <118.2 Post

> menopausalI've asked about my oestradiol on a separate post, hope this

> was okay? Just thought I'd give them here too in case they were of

> importance.

> I hope this comes out properly, in tab form :-)

>

Sorry about that, I hoped they'd have come out in tab form.  Here they are & thanks:Heading should be 'advice' not 'advise', sorry.20/10/11TSH             mIU/L Range (0.35 - 5.5)  1.74

Reverse T3    ug/L Range (0.09 - 0.35)  0.26Free T3       pmol/L   Range (3.5  - 6.5)  3.7

FT4  pmol/L Range (8.5 - 23)  14.9

Oestradiol: 45.7Oestradiol Range;   71.6 - 520.2    Follicular                                 204.8 - 786.1    Luteal

234.5 - 1309.0  Mid Cycle  <118.2  Post menopausal

20/12/11TSH             mIU/L Range (0.35 - 5.5) < 0.08

Free T3       pmol/L   Range (3.5  - 6.5) 3.3FT4  pmol/L Range (8.5 - 23) 8.9

(Fasting. Last T3 was taken at 2pm previous day)30/12/11 Free T3       pmol/L   Range (3.5  - 6.5) 7.1

(Taken 90 mins after taking T3)19/1/'12TSH             mIU/L Range (0.35 - 5.5) < 0.08

Free T3       pmol/L   Range (3.5  - 6.5) 9.5 FT4  pmol/L Range (8.5 - 23) 6.9

This is the letter I wrote to you:Hi,I have M.E., Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis.  Diagnosed with hypo and adrenal problems on 5th December, 2011 and was prescribed:

T3 Liotironina (liothyronine)   20mcg in the morningCoQ10  100mg                                    1 per day DHEA     25 mg                                    1 per day

The improvement was great!!!  I was delighted.   On 12th December, 2011, I was told to take a 2nd T3 at 2pm.  I went downhill from then on.

The following week, the professor I attend explained that I have a downturn of thyroxine, i.e. I'm suppressing the production of T4 and I'm missing that. He said to increased DHEA to twice daily and CoQ10 to 3 times daily.  Got bloods taken the following morning & then got an iron injection & a B12 injection.  Had 2 more B12 injections about a week or so later.  Had a further B12 injection this morning (27/1).

On 18th January, 2012, told to take a further T3 at 6pm and got more blood tests done.  Phoned him again on 24th Jan to say how unwell I still am.  He said to take the T3 at 7am, noon & 4pm and to double CoQ10, i.e. take 600mg per day.

I finally got Vit D result and it was 30 (range > 50) so am quite deficient in it.  I started taking 10,000 IUs on Monday 17th January.I'm in agony, totally exhausted, no stamina whatsoever and finding it very difficult to go back to this after having improved.  Can barely get out of bed, most days if I get dressed, that's all I'm able to do for a few hours.

I only realised the CoQ10 I was taking was Ubiquinone so I've ordered Ubiquinol and it should arrive shortly.   I've read that Ubiquinol is the proper one.  Only Ubiquinol I could get that was soy-free was in the U.S.  But I'll have to finish off the ones I have before starting the new ones.

I'm getting a plasma cortisol test tomorrow morning at 8am.  Am I supposed to fast for that?  I've to take a T3 at 7am every morning so assume I'll do that.  Depending on result of that, I'll get a 24 hour urine UFC.  I've read adrenals can interfere with T3.  I'm sleeping better since starting T3, which is good.  

(*I had the plasmo cortisol this morning at 8am and will have another one at 8pm.)At the moment, I'm taking:T3 Liotironina (liothyronine)       20mcg 3 per day  

CoQ10   100mg 6 per day DHEA      25 mg 2 per day 

Baclofen (for muscles)    5 mg 3 per dayNexium (for tummy)  40 mg 2 per day

Paracetamol (for arthritis) 100mg 6 per dayVit D     5,000mg 2 per day

Folic Acid 0.4 mg 1 per dayLyrica   75 mg 1 per day

Can somebody please advise me as I feel I'm going in the right direction, i.e. my TSH islow and my T4 is going lower too so I think that's the plan so that I stop making reverse T3.  

I've asked about my oestradiol on a separate post, hope this was okay?  Just thought I'd give the result here too in case they were of importance.  Sheila gave me advice on this, thanks Sheila x

Maybe it's a case of having to go through this until my numbers are right??  This is okay with me, after 25 years I have patience :-)  But I'd appreciate any comments.  Sorry for the long letter.

Many thanks.Regards,Noreen

-- Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

Bernard Shaw

Bump.Sorry about that, I hoped they'd have come out in tab form.  Here they are & thanks:Heading should be 'advice' not 'advise', sorry.20/10/11

TSH             mIU/L  Range (0.35 - 5.5)  1.74Reverse T3    ug/L Range (0.09 - 0.35)  0.26

Free T3       pmol/L   Range (3.5  - 6.5)  3.7FT4  pmol/L Range (8.5 - 23)  14.9

Oestradiol: 45.7Oestradiol Range;   71.6 - 520.2    Follicular                                 204.8 - 786.1    Luteal

234.5 - 1309.0  Mid Cycle  <118.2  Post menopausal

20/12/11TSH             mIU/L Range (0.35 - 5.5) < 0.08Free T3       pmol/L   Range (3.5  - 6.5) 3.3FT4  pmol/L Range (8.5 - 23) 8.9

(Fasting. Last T3 was taken at 2pm previous day)30/12/11Free T3       pmol/L   Range (3.5  - 6.5) 7.1(Taken 90 mins after taking T3)

19/1/'12TSH             mIU/L Range (0.35 - 5.5) < 0.08Free T3       pmol/L   Range (3.5  - 6.5) 9.5 FT4  pmol/L Range (8.5 - 23) 6.9

This is the letter I wrote to you:Hi,I have M.E., Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis.  Diagnosed with hypo and adrenal problems on 5th December, 2011 and was prescribed:

T3 Liotironina (liothyronine)   20mcg in the morningCoQ10  100mg                                    1 per day DHEA     25 mg                                    1 per day

The improvement was great!!!  I was delighted.   On 12th December, 2011, I was told to take a 2nd T3 at 2pm.  I went downhill from then on.The following week, the professor I attend explained that I have a downturn of thyroxine, i.e. I'm suppressing the production of T4 and I'm missing that. He said to increased DHEA to twice daily and CoQ10 to 3 times daily.  Got bloods taken the following morning & then got an iron injection & a B12 injection.  Had 2 more B12 injections about a week or so later.  Had a further B12 injection this morning (27/1).

On 18th January, 2012, told to take a further T3 at 6pm and got more blood tests done.  Phoned him again on 24th Jan to say how unwell I still am.  He said to take the T3 at 7am, noon & 4pm and to double CoQ10, i.e. take 600mg per day.

I finally got Vit D result and it was 30 (range > 50) so am quite deficient in it.  I started taking 10,000 IUs on Monday 17th January.I'm in agony, totally exhausted, no stamina whatsoever and finding it very difficult to go back to this after having improved.  Can barely get out of bed, most days if I get dressed, that's all I'm able to do for a few hours.

I only realised the CoQ10 I was taking was Ubiquinone so I've ordered Ubiquinol and it should arrive shortly.   I've read that Ubiquinol is the proper one.  Only Ubiquinol I could get that was soy-free was in the U.S.  But I'll have to finish off the ones I have before starting the new ones.

I'm getting a plasma cortisol test tomorrow morning at 8am.  Am I supposed to fast for that?  I've to take a T3 at 7am every morning so assume I'll do that.  Depending on result of that, I'll get a 24 hour urine UFC.  I've read adrenals can interfere with T3.  I'm sleeping better since starting T3, which is good.  

(*I had the plasmo cortisol this morning at 8am and will have another one at 8pm.)At the moment, I'm taking:T3 Liotironina (liothyronine)       20mcg 3 per day  

CoQ10   100mg 6 per day DHEA      25 mg 2 per day 

Baclofen (for muscles)    5 mg 3 per dayNexium (for tummy)  40 mg 2 per day

Paracetamol (for arthritis) 100mg 6 per dayVit D     5,000mg 2 per day

Folic Acid 0.4 mg 1 per dayLyrica   75 mg 1 per day

Can somebody please advise me as I feel I'm going in the right direction, i.e. my TSH is low and my T4 is going lower too so I think that's the plan so that I stop making reverse T3.  

I've asked about my oestradiol on a separate post, hope this was okay?  Just thought I'd give the result here too in case they were of importance.  Sheila gave me advice on this, thanks Sheila x

Maybe it's a case of having to go through this until my numbers are right??  This is okay with me, after 25 years I have patience :-)  But I'd appreciate any comments.  Sorry for the long letter.

Many thanks.Regards,Noreen-- Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Bernard Shaw

Hi Noreen,

I'm getting a plasma cortisol test tomorrow morning at 8am. Am I supposed to fast for that?

I am sorry, your case is very complex and I am no expert in T3-only therapy, so can't be of help, but I can at least tell you that yes, you should be fastened for the plasma cortisol test.... and avoid any stress before the test - no rushing around. Any stress will artificially elevate your cortisol levels. Take it easy.

Good luck

I had initially written the post on Thursday but there was a problem with the way my test results came out on the page & I had to resend the post.  I had the plasma cortisol on Friday.  But thanks for your reply, :-)

I'd be very grateful if somebody could help as I'm not feeling well at all.  Most days all I can do is 'put on' the dinner that my husband has prepared before going to work.  It could be that it's quite normal to feel like this until I've stopped making Reverse T3??  I had felt so improved for the first week on 20mcg T3 and didn't expect to go downhill after the increase of T3.

Many thanks.Love,NoreenOn 28 January 2012 19:44, <christina@...> wrote:

Hi Noreen,

I'm getting a plasma cortisol test tomorrow morning at 8am. Am I supposed to fast for that?

I am sorry, your case is very complex and I am no expert in T3-only  therapy, so can't be of help, but I can at least tell you that yes, you should be fastened for the plasma cortisol test.... and avoid any stress before the test - no rushing around. Any stress will artificially elevate your cortisol levels. Take it easy.

Good luck

-- Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Bernard Shaw