RemedySpot.com

Blood results - any comments please

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear AllI have had a blood test for serum B12 and Folate and TFT, these are the results. I should be grateful to hear your comments.Serum B12 - 369.0 ng/l range 180-914 -- notes say

'indicative of folate deficiency, however, note falsely low folate levels can be seen in B12 deficiency and patients with poor diet'Serum

Folate - 2.2ng/ml (2.4-28.0) - notes say ' please note change in methodology - Folate NR >2.4ng/ml 30/10/2011 indicative of folate deficiency, however, note falsely low folate levels can be seen in B12 deficiency and patients with poor diet - below low reference limit'Serum ferritin - 169ng/ml (11.0 - 307.0) - notes say the same as for B12 above.Thyroid ResultsTSH <0.02mU/L (0.3 - 5.5)Free T3 5.9pmol/L (3.9 - 6.8)No mention of T4 - I assume they did not test it.I did not even ask for the FT3 they seem to have done it automatically unless the GP requested, but I don't know if he did. I take 75mcg Cynomel split mornings and afternoons. No hyper symptoms on this dose. I am about to write to GP explaining that I self medicate and why, and that this is where I would expect my results to be.I am still getting a lot of neuro pain in legs and arms, that is why I asked for B12 investigation, as pernicious anaemia runs in my family (mother's side).RegardsSue x