RemedySpot.com

TREATMENT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI ALLAN WE LIVE IN FRANKLIN WHICH IS CLOSE TO CARROLLTON KATAllan W Anger Jr <allananger@...> wrote: Thanks Kat! BTW, where in GA are you? Allan with 2 L's in Austell Re: Treatment HEY ALLAN, WE WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK WITH TX AND HOPE THAT YOU DO WELL WITH IT KAT AND

DONALDAllan W Anger Jr <allanangerhotmail> wrote: Hi Y'all, I just got back from the liver doc and I have decided to attempt treatment again. I will be on Pegasys and Ribavarin. It will be one injection a week of the Pegasys and 6 capsules of the Ribavarin daily. They will check my blood every 2 weeks and if there is no positive response after 12 weeks the treatment stops. If there is a positive response the treatment will go on for 48 weeks. The doc (he is generally considered one of, if not the, foremost doc in this field in the South) has stated I have an 18% chance of success. If this treatment does not work the next step would Infergen and ribavarin. That would be one injection daily and the 6 capsules for 12-18 months. While it is still a crap shoot, it's the only game in town and if nothing else my liver will not worsen while I am on the treatment. I would not have considered treatment without some heavy duty pain medication but now that I have that in place I'm going to roll the dice. We did discuss going directly to Infergen but we both agreed that as the last treatment caused me such bad side effects it would

be better to get my body adjusted to the Interferon with the Pegasys. I'm not sure yet when I will start, The doctor's office has faxed the prescription to my drug company and it depends on when I receive the shipment. It will be either a Friday or Saturday in the coming weeks. Allan with 2 L's off to the races Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Cool Kat!

I'm right off exit 44 on I-20.

That Red Book is a great resource. They are working on a revision that hopefully will done by the end of the year.

Allan with 2 L's a Damn Yankee

Re: Treatment

HEY ALLAN,

WE WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK WITH TX AND HOPE THAT YOU DO WELL WITH IT

KAT AND DONALDAllan W Anger Jr <allanangerhotmail> wrote:

Hi Y'all,

I just got back from the liver doc and I have decided to attempt treatment again. I will be on Pegasys and Ribavarin. It will be one injection a week of the Pegasys and 6 capsules of the Ribavarin daily.

They will check my blood every 2 weeks and if there is no positive response after 12 weeks the treatment stops. If there is a positive response the treatment will go on for 48 weeks.

The doc (he is generally considered one of, if not the, foremost doc in this field in the South) has stated I have an 18% chance of success. If this treatment does not work the next step would Infergen and ribavarin. That would be one injection daily and the 6 capsules for 12-18 months.

While it is still a crap shoot, it's the only game in town and if nothing else my liver will not worsen while I am on the treatment.

I would not have considered treatment without some heavy duty pain medication but now that I have that in place I'm going to roll the dice.

We did discuss going directly to Infergen but we both agreed that as the last treatment caused me such bad side effects it would be better to get my body adjusted to the Interferon with the Pegasys. I'm not sure yet when I will start, The doctor's office has faxed the prescription to my drug company and it depends on when I receive the shipment. It will be either a Friday or Saturday in the coming weeks.

Allan with 2 L's off to the races

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Debi This is one place that does help. There are others too. I will see what I can find. d http://www.schering-plough.com/schering_plough/pc/patient_programs.jsp debi_inaustin <debi_inaustin@...> wrote: One question I keep forgetting to ask. Is there assistance for people without insurance? My daughter is on disability

and medicaid, what will happen to her? I ask for prayers tonight (can I do that?) She got the call from the doctor's office regarding her liver biopsy. She goes in the morning for the findings. Thanks,DebiThe art of living lies not in eliminating but in growing with troubles. -Bernard M. Baruch

prayers your way Debi..Hugs...PatMc

treatment

One question I keep forgetting to ask. Is there assistance for people without insurance? My daughter is on disability and medicaid, what will happen to her? I ask for prayers tonight (can I do that?) She got the call from the doctor's office regarding her liver biopsy. She goes in the morning for the findings. Thanks,Debi

I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.It has removed 558 spam emails to date.Paying users do not have this message in their emails.Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Debi...she will be offered tx(treatment) through their medical clinics and the trials..hang on, your questions will soon be answered..when she goes in for her Bx(biopsy) results...Good Luck to ya'll...PatMc

treatment

One question I keep forgetting to ask. Is there assistance for people without insurance? My daughter is on disability and medicaid, what will happen to her? I ask for prayers tonight (can I do that?) She got the call from the doctor's office regarding her liver biopsy. She goes in the morning for the findings. Thanks,Debi

I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.It has removed 558 spam emails to date.Paying users do not have this message in their emails.Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Of course you can ask for prayers,,,,I've always believed in God, bu thought I didn't need to talk to him/her because HE knew ll, and what was going on in my head better than me!! I Will pray, for you and your family, not that a miracle happens and she is clear, but that no matter what happens that everyone can be strong...there will be more days ahead. While this important (the results), they are designed to help and not hinder. Now y'all will know what's what, so to speak, and THEN be a to do the best things for your daughter and your family.. It's a stepping stone to the future ... a tool....what is.. is. Love a hugzzzzzz, Deliman debi_inaustin <debi_inaustin@...> wrote: One question I keep forgetting to ask. Is there assistance for people without insurance? My daughter is on disability and medicaid, what will happen to her? I ask for prayers tonight (can I do that?) She got the call from the doctor's office regarding her liver biopsy. She goes in the morning for the findings. Thanks,Debi

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

OH yeah!!! I forgot...hah! imagine that!! Montel says he sponsers a program that last year gave out 7 Billion dollars worth of drugs. I may have misunderstood... but I think he used the "B" word hehehe. The number is 1-888-4PPA NOW. I remembered that!!!!!!! I'm goimg to call them and see what's up tomorrow... If possible, Have your daughter ask what drugs she will be prescribed, so ya' know what to tell 'em at the place that disperses them. Doesn't Medicaid pay 100% for drugs?? and make food stamps available? It's state run I believe,, so each state is different maybe.. Delimandannegrl <dannegrl2003@...> wrote: Debi This is one place that does help. There are others too. I will see what I can find. d http://www.schering-plough.com/schering_plough/pc/patient_programs.jsp debi_inaustin <debi_inaustin > wrote: One question I keep forgetting to ask. Is there assistance for people without insurance? My daughter is on disability and medicaid, what

will happen to her? I ask for prayers tonight (can I do that?) She got the call from the doctor's office regarding her liver biopsy. She goes in the morning for the findings. Thanks,Debi The art of living lies not in eliminating but in growing with troubles. -Bernard M. Baruch Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Medicaid pays for lots but does have a cap on it or at least that's my

understanding. I'm sure I'm going to learn lots soon.

Let me know if you have information for the number.

Thanks all..ds

Not in Austin, the number, but you can call S/S office in Austin and they will have it, OR... try the phone book and I promise your local pharmacy has it... G'nite Deldebi_inaustin <debi_inaustin@...> wrote: Medicaid pays for lots but does have a cap on it or at least that's my understanding. I'm sure I'm going to learn lots soon.Let me know if you have information for the number.Thanks

all..ds

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

I told my daughter to take a pad and pencil to the doctor. Write her

questions before she got there and the answers.. but do kids listen to

their mother...? The doctor told her not to worry about stages or

numbers, it wouldn't mean much to her at this point.(DOCTORS!!) He

said she was somewhere in the middle. Not sure what that means. He

gave her a packet on the treatment. Something about premeasured

injections. I know little more than I did this morning except it's not

the worst it could be. I'm sure I'll ask more later tonight (after I

talk to her again) or tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone!

debi

In the middle is good...... It sounds like she's going on TX, probably Interferon w/Pegasus, and Bavarian pill(s) chaser! The shots are a breeze, as far as administering to ones self...especially pre-measured.... I'm sure you heard about the sides, wondering if the sides will happen, but may not happen. It's like walking in a in a winter wonderland at first...wondering how you'll react. I had one day in five weeks that I had the flu, but after showering and having breakfast...I was fine. Then I got Staph Infection, in five weeks, most likely my body wasn't strong enough to fight it. TX does take a toll on you ...ying

and yang. We waited three months tried it again, and the exact same thing happened. I think I may be more susceptible than others when it comes to hallucinating, OR they don't mention it much. What I perceived to see, was a long ways from being in a boat on a river,with tangerine skies, and a girl with kaleidoscope eyes!!!! Be happy.... and it IS a good idea to know what genotype,stage,ammonia levels, etc...she has. I'm not a doctor though..... Delimandebi_inaustin <debi_inaustin@...> wrote: I told my daughter to take a pad and pencil to the doctor. Write her questions before she got there and the answers.. but do kids listen to their mother...? The doctor told her not to worry about stages or numbers, it wouldn't mean much to her at this point.(DOCTORS!!) He said she was somewhere in the middle. Not sure what that means. He gave her a packet on the treatment. Something about premeasured injections. I know little more than I did this morning except it's not the worst it could be. I'm sure I'll ask more later tonight (after I talk to her again) or tomorrow. Thanks to everyone!debi

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Yes...I am... and I did.... it may have been the combination of all those drugs I was taking, and the tx tweaked my brain just enough ....I don't know... Sorry, but I can't find my introduction brochures... I was taking three drugs that were designed to help sleep, and act as mood enhancers plus a bunch more...I'll get back to uou momentarily.. Del debi_inaustin <debi_inaustin@...> wrote: Del, are you saying you really hallucinated?

All-new - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

• 8 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Deanna, What good news!!! You lucky girl, my doctors won't let me try tx again, I guess that's the difference between cirrhosis & ESLD. Damn it. Tx didn't work twice for me there's no reason it shouldn't have been the same a third time. I am glad for you though, you give that dragon the biggest fight of it's life, you hear? Have you named your dragon? It seemed easier to me to fight something I could call by name so I named mine Barry as in I'm gonna bury you. Keep us up to date k? Hugs, SuZie & Sir SpYke the Stinky - the skunk still hasn't worn off. n/a <burchnelldeanna@...> wrote: Hi group it has been a few weeks since I touched base. I went to my liver doc today and will start treatment as early as this friday. They are trying to get me into my class this week so I can start as soon as possible.My geno type is 1a.My hep is chronic with mild activity grade 2 of 4 and mild steatosis. I have advanced cirhosis stage 4 of 4 and a

trace of iron . Well the meds that my pcp gave me for depression are helping me to see this in a different light. I know I have a fight on my hands but I will give it all I got. My treatment will be a peg shot once a week and 5 pills of rib a day. I will try and go back to work in a couple of weeks. I have taken some short term to sort all this out. And I want to see how the treatment is going to effect me.I will be thinking of everyone and will return this week to make chat. Danne I hope all is well with you. I think of you often. Sorry I missed chat last week,went for a long drive in the country. Needed some green air to breath and some beauty.It was well worth the price of gas.. Take care.. Deanna Rae

Next time I'm coming back as a cat

Guest guest

Deanna Rae, how wonderful that you are able to start treatment this Friday. I'm very happy for you and please hold on to our strength and love here to help you on your journey.

With love and white light blessings,

~~~~~~~~~Anya'A friend is someone who looks beyond the broken gate tothe flowers in the garden'.

----- Original Message -----

Hi group it has been a few weeks since I touched base. I went to my liver doc today and will start treatment as early as this friday. They are trying to get me into my class this week so I can start as soon as possible.My geno type is 1a.My hep is chronic with mild activity grade 2 of 4 and mild steatosis. I have advanced cirhosis stage 4 of 4 and a trace of iron . Well the meds that my pcp gave me for depression are helping me to see this in a different light. I know I have a fight on my hands but I will give it all I got. My treatment will be a peg shot once a week and 5 pills of rib a day. I will try and go back to work in a couple of weeks. I have taken some short term to sort all this out. And I want to see how the treatment is going to effect me.I will be thinking of everyone and will return this week to make chat. Danne I hope all is well with you. I think of you often. Sorry I missed chat last week,went for a long drive in the country. Needed some green air to breath and some beauty.It was well worth the price of gas.. Take care.. Deanna Rae

• 4 months later...

How old is the daughter? Perhaps its hormonal with the hot flashes,,elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Sounds like your daughter is doing great ! Each person responds differently to treatment , some have bad side effects(like me) and some have little to none . Count your blessings lol She is very lucky treatment MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN GETTING TREATMENTS FOR TWO MONTHS NOW AND WITHOUT ANY REAL PROBLEMS, SOME MIH STOMACH PROBLEMS AND SHE GETS AND IS ALWAYS SAYING ITS TO HOT WHEN IT ISNT . DR THINKS THAT HER OTHER MEDCINCE SHE TAKES FOR ANXIETY HELP HER ALOT, IS ANYONE ELSE LUCKY LIKE THIS, WE HAVE 4 MORE MONTHS TO GO HOPEFULLY IT WILL STAY AS GOOD AS IT HAS BEEN. LINDA Jackie

• 2 weeks later...

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK BEEN BUSY.MY DAUGHTER IS ONLY 20 AND

ONLY HAS TO DO THE 6 MONTH TREATMENT AS WE FOUND OUT VERY EARLY

ABOUT HER CONTRACTING THE HEP.C . SHE DOES HAVE BAD DEPRESSION

RIGHT NOW ,SO I WATCH HER CLOSELY .SHE SEES A COUSLNER AD IS ON

MEDCINCE THAT HELPS. SHE DOEST WORK BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT SHE WOULD BE

ILL DURING THIS TREATMENT,SO SHE CAN REST ANY TIME SHE NEEDS TO. SO

FAR BLOOD WORK OK , GOING FOR MORE TODAY PRAY ITS OK TO. HER DR

TOLD HER THAT IN THE EARLY STAGE THAT SHE IS IN THAT SHE AN BE

CURED, HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? LINA

Hi linda Well 'some' docs are calling SVR a cure but we know that currently there is no real cure, only remission. If your daughter reaches SVR ( sustained Viral response, which means no viral load) she will prevent further damage to her liver and thats the goal of treatment. Her liver can and will regenerate itself once she stops the damage and inflammation. You will get differring opinions about cure vs remission at this stage of the game I dont think anyone really knows 'for sure'.... but once she reaches SVR she must still take good care of herself so that she wont relapse. I know of one gal who was in remission 10 years and went on a 4-6 month alcohol bender and she relapsed... went back on treatment again, put it back in remission and is now 2 years SVR again.. but just because she was able to put it back in remission does not mean that everyone can or does, and some docs wont treat again if you relapse especially due to

drinking alcohol. I hope I've answered your question. If not, let me know and Ill try again. Im sure that many others will be by and will give more input to your question too... jaxlinda schatz <conn_ie40@...> wrote: SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK BEEN BUSY.MY DAUGHTER IS ONLY 20 AND ONLY HAS TO DO THE 6 MONTH TREATMENT AS WE FOUND OUT VERY EARLY ABOUT HER CONTRACTING THE HEP.C . SHE DOES HAVE BAD DEPRESSION RIGHT NOW ,SO I WATCH HER CLOSELY .SHE SEES A COUSLNER AD IS ON MEDCINCE

THAT HELPS. SHE DOEST WORK BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT SHE WOULD BE ILL DURING THIS TREATMENT,SO SHE CAN REST ANY TIME SHE NEEDS TO. SO FAR BLOOD WORK OK , GOING FOR MORE TODAY PRAY ITS OK TO. HER DR TOLD HER THAT IN THE EARLY STAGE THAT SHE IS IN THAT SHE AN BE CURED, HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? LINA Jackie

Actually there is no cure , she will always have the antibodies in her dna . But doc's now days figgure if a patient remains 6 months clear it is a cure

Re: treatment

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK BEEN BUSY.MY DAUGHTER IS ONLY 20 AND ONLY HAS TO DO THE 6 MONTH TREATMENT AS WE FOUND OUT VERY EARLY ABOUT HER CONTRACTING THE HEP.C . SHE DOES HAVE BAD DEPRESSION RIGHT NOW ,SO I WATCH HER CLOSELY .SHE SEES A COUSLNER AD IS ON MEDCINCE THAT HELPS. SHE DOEST WORK BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT SHE WOULD BE ILL DURING THIS TREATMENT,SO SHE CAN REST ANY TIME SHE NEEDS TO. SO FAR BLOOD WORK OK , GOING FOR MORE TODAY PRAY ITS OK TO. HER DR TOLD HER THAT IN THE EARLY STAGE THAT SHE IS IN THAT SHE AN BE CURED, HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? LINA

Actually there is no cure , she will always have the antibodies in her dna . But doc's now days figgure if a patient remains 6 months clear it is a cure

Re: treatment

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK BEEN BUSY.MY DAUGHTER IS ONLY 20 AND ONLY HAS TO DO THE 6 MONTH TREATMENT AS WE FOUND OUT VERY EARLY ABOUT HER CONTRACTING THE HEP.C . SHE DOES HAVE BAD DEPRESSION RIGHT NOW ,SO I WATCH HER CLOSELY .SHE SEES A COUSLNER AD IS ON MEDCINCE THAT HELPS. SHE DOEST WORK BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT SHE WOULD BE ILL DURING THIS TREATMENT,SO SHE CAN REST ANY TIME SHE NEEDS TO. SO FAR BLOOD WORK OK , GOING FOR MORE TODAY PRAY ITS OK TO. HER DR TOLD HER THAT IN THE EARLY STAGE THAT SHE IS IN THAT SHE AN BE CURED, HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? LINA

• 7 months later...
Guest guest

“Non-Pharmacological

Treatment

Of Neuropathic Pain”

By

Carolyn McMakin, D.C.

Tonight at the MAC. She promotes the

use of the glove with micro-current. I’m sure many on list are

familiar with the use but I have never personally utilized.

Seitz, DC

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Cluen

Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:55

PM

Subject:

Treatment

Does anyone know about a treatment using gloves that provide

a stimulation to injured muscles? If so, could you let me know what it's

called, if it's effective and approximately how much the unit costs?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Cluen, DC

Guest guest

Both micro-current and oscillation therapy

can use gloves.

Ted Forcum,

DC, DACBSP

ACA Sports Council, 2nd Vice President

Back

In Motion Sports Injuries Clinic, LLC

11385 SW Scholls Ferry Road

Beaverton, Oregon 97008

www.bimsportsinjuries.com

The information contained in this

electronic message may contain protected health information confidential under

applicable law, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity

named above. If the recipient of this message is not the intended recipient,

you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this

communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this

communication in error, please notify Back In Motion Sports Injuries Clinic,

LLC at 11385 SW Scholls Ferry Road,

Beaverton, OR-97008.

and purge the communication immediately without making any copy or distribution.

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Cluen

Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:55

PM

Subject:

Treatment

Does anyone know about a treatment using gloves that provide

a stimulation to injured muscles? If so, could you let me know what it's

called, if it's effective and approximately how much the unit costs?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Cluen, DC

Guest guest

This is Frequency Specific MicroCurrent, taught by Dr. Carol McMakin in northeast Portland. Check out www.frequencyspecific.com .

It is a VERY viable effective modality ..... we use it everyday in this clinic.

Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7C

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

541- 344- 0509; Fx; 541- 344- 0955

From: gcluen2002@...Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:55:25 -0700Subject: Treatment

Does anyone know about a treatment using gloves that provide a stimulation to injured muscles? If so, could you let me know what it's called, if it's effective and approximately how much the unit costs? Thanks!Cheers,

Cluen, DC

Introducing Live Search cashback . It's search that pays you back! Try it Now