Rate this topic

Guest guest

ok, what i have heard from a list i used to belong to is that temps dont

really matter

if you mix when the temps are cooler they get to trace faster and you get to

save your arms

• 12 years later...

Hello Janet,

Hi would someone clarify how to take temperatures please?

Using a mercury thermometer would be the most accurate and could be used under armpit or under tongue – but mercury thermometers are no longer sold – health and safety issues.... If you still have an old one, it should be used in the same way as a digital one and the same common sense rules apply, only it needs to be held in position for about 10 minutes in the arm pit, probably a little less time in the mouth, putting the silver tip under your tongue so it makes contact with the tissues at all times during the measurement.

To my mind a simple digital thermometer works just fine. I believe that an under the tongue measurement is pretty accurate; you just have to apply common sense and not measure -

a) Within 20 minutes of eating or drinking anything, or brushing your teeth or anything else that would change the temperature inside your mouth

B) Within 30 minutes of exercise (that goes for all kinds of thermometers)

Measuring your basal temperature means to measure the moment you open your eyes in the mornings and just before you fall asleep at night.... in both cases at absolute rest without exerting yourself in any way - like getting out of bed to fetch the thermometer for instance – have the thermometer ready by your bedside.

Also I'm hunting for some information about dosing for adrenal support with adrenal cortex/glandular. I think there is a dosing chart by Dr Peatfield on-line? If I'm right would someone point me in that direction please? I have googled but so far no joy.

Sorry, I haven't seen such a chart either, but if you were talking about NAX (Nutri Adrenal Extra) or NA (Nutri Adrenal), then I would start with 1 tablet in both cases (although the NA has half the amount of glandulars to the NAX, so you might want to start with 1 tablet twice daily) and increase by a further tablet every 2 weeks. For NAX the upper limit (according to Dr. P.) per day is 6 tablets (split between breakfast and lunch) – but never take adrenal support after 1 pm or it will interfere with your sleep. I do not know how many NA would be safe per day, but logically I would expect that to be 12, as they have half the amount of glandulars as in NAX...

I hope this helps,

Thanks for the replies. , can you expand on the NAX or NA please? I haven't heard of these - curently using half a cap of thorne adrenal cortex at b/fast and at lunch - total amount of adrenal cortex 50mg per day. I don't know how that compares with the NAX or NA. Janet thyroid treatment From: Proctja@...Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 13:26:31 +0000Subject: Temps

Hi would someone clarify how to take temperatures please? Also I'm hunting for some information about dosing for adrenal support with adrenal cortex/glandular. I think there is a dosing chart by Dr Peatfield on-line? If I'm right would someone point me in that direction please? I have googled but so far no joy. Thank you, Janet

Hi Janet – NAX and NA are part of the adrenal support usually recommended by Dr. Peatfield. Most of our adrenally compromised members take it......

Please see below the ingredients –

Best wishes,

Nutri Adrenal Extra :

InformationNutri Adrenal Extra is a high potency adrenal supplement designed to help support the function of the adrenal glands, containing glandular tissue concentrates, vitamins, minerals and amino acids.Amounst many other functions, the adrenal glands are involved in the production and secretion of hormones including adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortsiol and DHEA in response to physical and mental stress. With today's hectic lifestyles, chronic stress and poor nutritional intake, the capacity of the adrenal glands to secrete these hormone can become reduced. This is sometimes termed adrenal "exhaustion" and can lead to symptoms including tiredness / fatigue, poor concentration, irritability, depression, insomnia, cravings and many other problems.A whole host of different nutrients are required by the adrenal glands to enable them to function effectively. Nutri Adrenal Extra is designed to provide all these nutrients in effective proportions combined with specific glandular tissue concentrates to specifically support the function of the adrenal glands.Contains tissue concentrates of adrenal and pituitary gland from bovine sources from New Zealand.

Recommended Intake One to two tablets daily with meals or as professionally directed (do not take after 1:00pm).

IngredientsEach tablet typically provides:

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) Vitamin B1 (Thiamin HCl) Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide)Vitamin B5 (d-calcium Pantothenate)Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl) Magnesium (Citrate) Zinc (Ascorbate)Chromium Picotinate Bioflavonoids Choline Bitartrate Adrenal tissue concentratePituitary tissue concentrateAll tissue concentrates are of bovine source from New Zealand.

150mg20 mg20 mg 20 mg60 mg20 mg75 mg3mg 40ug 40mg 20mg200mg15mg

Tableted with:

DiCalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Caramel

Contraindications (Warnings)Not recommended during pregnancy or breast-feeding.

.... and Nutri Adrenal :

InformationNutri Adrenal is a high potency adrenal glandular supplement to help support adrenal gland function.Adrenal concentrate is provided in a tablet form.

Recommended Intake One tablet in the morning with food or as professionally directed.(Do not take after 1pm)

IngredientsEach tablet typically provides:

Adrenal ConcentrateAll tissue concentrates are of bovine source from New Zealand.

100mg

Tableted with:

Dicalcium phosphate, Microcyrstalline cellulose, Silicon dioxide, Steric acid.

Contraindications (Warnings)None known if directions followed.

Thanks . I thought I'd read somewhere that the adrenaline within the whole gland wasn't what the body needed when the adrenals are weak - just the cortex. Do you know anymore? Janetthyroid treatment From: christina@...Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 18:26:39 +0000Subject: Re: Temps

Hi Janet � NAX and NA are part of the adrenal support usually recommended by Dr. Peatfield. Most of our adrenally compromised members take it......

Please see below the ingredients �

Best wishes,

Nutri Adrenal Extra :

InformationNutri Adrenal Extra is a high potency adrenal supplement designed to help support the function of the adrenal glands, containing glandular tissue concentrates, vitamins, minerals and amino acids.Amounst many other functions, the adrenal glands are involved in the production and secretion of hormones including adrenaline, noradrenaline,

[Ed]

> Thanks . I thought I'd read somewhere that the adrenaline within the whole gland wasn't what the body needed when the adrenals are weak - just the cortex. Do you know anymore?

No, sorry, Janet. I am taking NAX myself and find it helps. I used to take Dr. 's adrenal Dynamite for a while.... which I found very good, but very expensive - and I got tired of the taste after a few month. Both, NAX and Dynamite, are more than just adrenal cortex and I have never tried to analyze which ingredient in it works in a particular way and why. I just followed Dr. Peatfield's recommendation.

Best wishes

Hi, Have done some temps under the arm and orally and found that they varied alot. ALso, found that I was getting differing temperatures from same site so I've bought another thermometer. It's a Braun electronic one you place in the ear - the temps. are consistent but I'm noticing that they are higher than using the other thermometers I had before. It says on the instruction sheet of the Braun that the ear is the best place to take the temperature as you get the core body temp. which you don't under arm or orally. What are others preferred ways of taking temps? and do others notice a higher temp in the ear to elsewhere? Really need these readings to be accurate. TIA Janet

Hi Janet,Ear temperature is naturally higher than that of your mouth temperature by 0.3. Therefore, 37.0 the temperature which everyone refers to as normal is 37.3 on the Braun. Hope that helps. From: Janet proctor <Proctja@...> thyroid treatment Sent: Thursday, 9 February 2012, 12:44 Subject: temps

Hi, Have done some temps under the arm and orally and found that they varied alot. ALso, found that I was getting differing temperatures from same site so I've bought another thermometer. It's a Braun electronic one you place in the ear - the temps. are consistent but I'm noticing that they are higher than using the other thermometers I had before. It says on the instruction sheet of the Braun that the ear is the best place to take the temperature as you get the core body temp. which you don't under arm or orally. What are others preferred ways of taking temps? and do others notice a higher temp in the ear to elsewhere? Really need these readings to be accurate. TIA Janet