RemedySpot.com

Re: The Establishment : Dr. Skinner - they just wont let go.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh yes, tried that, been there... brought hypothyroidism fully into my life...

so the t-shirt no longer fits! No, these people never let go!

My Waterloo was in respect of vulnerable people where their rights were being

horribly infringed + their assets/services being taken from them. Boy did I pay

the price - reputation, livelihood and almost every other area of life trashed.

I simply couldn't stand back and watch what 'THEY' were doing to people and just

go home to sleep at night or look at myself in the mirror each morning. Would I

change what I did? Probably not! I kind of know what might drive Dr Skinner.

The very, very best to him! I cannot believe that even these kind of s***s would

stoop so low on the day following his 70th birthday! So, whatever the

'complaining snivels' are doing, the GMC has surely surpassed itself on this one

- bravo!

>

>

> > > Maybe they want to try and discredit the register of counter-examples too?

> > > Miriam

> >

>

> Dr Skinner must have know it would make him a target if he involved himself in

gathering data for the register. He is a very brave man to take on the

establishment.

>

I too have been in a somewhat similar place as Dr Skinner. I took my employers (NHS/PCT) to court for bullying. I am a registered GP Practice Nurse. I made my complaints to the management twice. The first time I was ignored and the second resulted in my suspension from my practice! I had done nothing wrong at work, simply made a complaint about management bullying. That in itself is illegal, you cannot punish a person for complaining about bullying. Even so, they did it. They also carried on being as nasty and as dishonest and as evil as possible finally resorting to making up stories about how I might be a danger to patients because of the nature of my letter!!! I was finally forced to resign. I then sued them for Constructive Dismissal. I went through hell! Three years of it! I won my case and I got minimal compensation. I lost just about everything, credibility with colleagues (no smoke without fire etc etc) Would not be employed in the NHS again because"something must be wrong", wouldn't even apply for a job because I couldn't face them finding out, knew it would impact on my chances of being employed again. I have suffered such stress what with the Hypothyroid and heart condition on top of that. Thirty five years of an unblemished, knowledgeable and caring nursing career. I always complained when I saw things that were not right, I blew the whistle so long and so hard and so many times but it was in vain. It was me who was persecuted, me who was harassed and me who was sacrificed.

Once when working as an Agency nurse on an understaffed hospital ward, over a two day period THREE elderly people fell out of bed and fractured their skulls. Not enough staff around to see patients climbing out of bed. I made an official complaint about it. Result, the Agency was asked not to send me back for the remainder of my contract. That just about says it all.

Oh yes, tried that, been there... brought hypothyroidism fully into my life... so the t-shirt no longer fits! No, these people never let go! My Waterloo was in respect of vulnerable people where their rights were being horribly infringed + their assets/services being taken from them. Boy did I pay the price - reputation, livelihood and almost every other area of life trashed. I simply couldn't stand back and watch what 'THEY' were doing to people and just go home to sleep at night or look at myself in the mirror each morning. Would I change what I did? Probably not! I kind of know what might drive Dr Skinner.The very, very best to him! I cannot believe that even these kind of s***s would stoop so low on the day following his 70th birthday! So, whatever the 'complaining snivels' are doing, the GMC has surely surpassed itself on this one - bravo!>> > > > Maybe they want to try and discredit the register of counter-examples too?> > > Miriam> >> > Dr Skinner must have know it would make him a target if he involved himself in gathering data for the register. He is a very brave man to take on the establishment.>

So sorry to hear that ! I too know... they seem to have no rules at all

once they decide to go after someone. I got crucified by statutory agencies due

to my challenging their interference where they had no legal standing. Worse

still I wasn't even employed by either of them! (Had always avoided any

employment with statutory agencies.) Everything you say echoes/reverberates

right through me (hypothy + heart issues too)... it never quite goes away, does

it?

What's going on here with Dr Skinner is clearly a case of 'when they turn

against their own'... quite/very unusual but boy when the do it, they really go

for it! Wishing the very best to Dr S - he's a marvel!

I still can't believe that they dare to do this again and wonder what they'll

try this time (age + demanding he be assessed?). Scum!

>

> I too have been in a somewhat similar place as Dr Skinner. I took my employers

(NHS/PCT) to court for bullying. I am a registered GP Practice Nurse. I made my

complaints to the management twice. The first time I was ignored and the second

resulted in my suspension from my practice! I had done nothing wrong at work,

simply made a complaint about management bullying. That in itself is illegal,

you cannot punish a person for complaining about bullying. Even so, they did it.

>