RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: HELP NEEDED T4 with T3 [1 Attachment]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sheila,

Wow, that's a lot of information! I have read through it carefully.

I have been hypo for at least 24 years and probably much longer. I was only diagnosed after 15 years, so long enough for things to get really bad!

On T3 only I have had some reasonable days and some not so good, but so far none that have been wonderful - I'm mostly struggling to get through the day - that's why I started to wonder if I shouldn't take T4 as well. My temp seems to rise and fall throughout the day and goes as low as 35.0. I am managing to take T3 in the early morning (3.30am) and it does make me feel better than just taking it when I wake up.

I do believe, and have done for some years, that I have low adrenal reserve as you mention. When I first tested for hypothyroidism in 2003 I had very low cortisol - I was complaining of falling asleep in the early evening and sleeping right through to the next morning. Since then I have tested several times and each time questioned why nothing was being done about my low cortisol until I was told "we won't test that anymore"! I scored 106 on the test you mentioned, so moderate adrenal fatigue.

I tested positive for several food allergies many years ago. I tried coming off dairy and going back on it - same for wheat, but I didn't notice any difference. I have suffered quite a lot from stomach upsets - at one time I had chronic diarrhoea for a whole year, for which I was told I needed ANTIDEPRESSANTS! Of course, I showed my utter disgust! Luckily my homeopathic doctor prescribed something that actually worked and it cleared up within a month. I don't seem to suffer too much, except when really stressed, but I am taking Manuka honey and probiotics.

I had terrible cravings for sugar in my early twenties and I would feel an absolute need to eat sugar - but then that made me really ill. I was bedridden with the feeling that the room was spinning around me. Never diagnosed either. Later the sugar cravings turned to salt cravings - then I felt like I needed to lick the salt pot (I never did that, but I wanted salt that much!). I take chromium so I don't know if that has helped, but I seem more balanced these days.

I have mercury fillings, but have never come across any dentist who deals with them properly.

I'm supplementing with iron (14mg), Vit D3 (2,000iu), my Vit B12 was well within the range, but I'm waiting for a good B complex vitamine to arrive in the post.

Ask the doctor to work with me? I've been trying that for years - it doesn't work! See above re cortisol! Same re hashimoto's. On T4 only a lot of my symptoms decreased/disappeared, but not all and recently my TSH was really high and FT4 and FT3 bottom of the range. The response of the endo was to increase from 150mcg to 200mcg, which just made me feel ill with palpitations!

So I guess the answer is to persevere with T3, but I'm struggling because I feel so spaced out and trying to do my job with all the responsibilities involved is very hard!

Thanks a lot for your help!

From: Sheila <sheila@...>thyroid treatment Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:16 PMSubject: RE: Re: HELP NEEDED T4 with T3 [1 Attachment]

Hi

You first really need to find the reason why you are not feeling great on T3-only hormone. Read about the associated conditions that go along with being hypothyroid and that stop thyroid hormone from being properly utilised at the cellular level.

Error! Filename not specified.

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Error! Filename not specified.

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4836 - Release Date: 02/27/12