RemedySpot.com

Re: Gluten help !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I would be more than happy to help you with hidden glutens.

Diane

Advice is not meant to replace your doctor. No one here is a medical

professional, just other patients sharing our experiences.

https://eaware.org/

http://www.adrenalsweb.org/

NaturalThyroidHormonesADRENALS/

NTHA-Chat/

RT3_T3/

http://www.thyroid-rt3.com/

thyroid treatment/

>

> Hi all , have been trying to treat what i thought was candida, but methinks it

may be gluten sensitivity . have started to go without any gluten ,but it is a

mine field. so don`t no what to do about the hidden gluten in foods. is their

any one i could email privately with questions about diet and so on. thanks if

you can . it may have brought on the candida and now it may be getting better.

so trying to concentrate

> on just the gluten. have got some flour and made some little cakes, and trying

to research , but list of forbidden foods include a lot of info on so many

things that it is confusing me. bought some bread, tastes different but OK. i

had some yogurt yesterday with grain in it and had a reaction. so i think i am

on the right track .  Angel.

>

Guest guest

If you are still buying any processed food then you would need the little

booklet produced by the coeliac society. As you say, it is a minefield. For

example, when I was trying a gluten-free diet the full sized Mars bars were

gluten free, but the fun sized ones were not!

Obviously it's better to avoid processed foods altogether, but that is counsel

of perfection.

Miriam

>

> Hi all , have been trying to treat what i thought was candida, but methinks it

so trying to concentrate

> on just the gluten. have got some flour and made some little cakes, and trying

>

Guest guest

Incidentally, there is a good group about Coeliac and gluten sensitivity.

Someone on there might give you an old copy of the little book of gluten-free

foods. It is updated every year and I expect most people just throw last year's

booklet out.

Miriam

>

so trying to concentrate

>

Guest guest

hi AngelI think gluten sensitivity causes many thyroid problems and many other causes of ill health - I think this migh be one of the reasons why the paleo diet helps a lot of people. Anyway, I was diagnosed just over a year ago and am much better for it. The basics of GS are avoid wheat, barley and rye. avoid the obvious foods of cakes biscuits, bread, crumpets, quiche, pies, pasta etc. Some of the gluten free foods have a level of gluten considered acceptable but some people will still react to this - I do, so if you are buying gluten free products be aware of this - the best bet for gluten free bread is to buy warburton's or Genius - they are both wheat free too and dont contain gluten.For alcohol, avoid beers

and lagers - you should be ok with cider, wine and most spirits although some people can react to grain spirits apparently.Check any processed foods - even many brands of tinned beans contain gluten - Heinz are gluten free! Check bottled sauces, gravy powders - oxo has gluten in for example. check sweets and chocolates - Roses are fine, quality street arent! Thornton's - many are GF including their ice cream.Coeliac UK is the main charity / website and is very helpful including a phone line to ring for advice but it is very much aimed at coeliac people and doesnt mention gluten sensitivity.what else - dont think that chips in cafes etc are GF - you need to check as they can contain gluten if gluten containing foods have been fried in the same fat/oil. at home keep your deep fat fryer gluten free and use toasting bags in the toaster or keep it GF. Be careful about butter/jam etc being contaminated by

gluten from non GF bread crumbs. Check fizzy pop - especially cloudy drinks like lemonade and ginger beer as some contain gluten. Some crisps contain added barley - Pom bears are GF.eating out can be a pain Indian restaurants are relatively easy as they dont tend to cook with wheat except for their breads - and popadoms and onion bhaji's are GF! there are lots of recipes on line - Ive got a good rice flour batter mix which makes better fish batter than most chip shops - you have to learn to tweak recipes and practice to get something like your favourite gluten containing recipe!i think there is also something addictive about gluten grains - and this has been proved apparently so going completely gluten free at first is helpful I have found - so not replacing with GF products, just going GF, which breaks the addiction if you have one, and then many people seem to find that they no longer are bothered about the bread

and cakes!check vitamins too, avoid breaded ham, most sausages, meat balls and stuffings contain gluten - M & S do some good sausage that is GF - check labels because they may not be advertised as gluten free but as in the case of M & S many products are.The 'rules' on GF have changed recently and to be badged as gluten free there must be less than 20 parts per million - i think that's right - some manufacturers have decided not to say gluten free as they cant absolutely guarantee this or cant test so have chosen to say instead no gluten containing ingredients - probably ok depending on how sensitive you are.you may have episodes of feeling 'glutened' particularly early on after going GF and this can be just one of those things as the gluten is getting out of your system, rather than having eaten some, but also can be because you didnt realise there was gluten in something.i recommend a book called Dangerous

Grains and just search on the net for gluten sensitivity. Also a website called truly gluten free is useful for other ideas and for info on other gluten containing grains if you are very sensitive - eg Im avoiding corn at the moment too as this apparently contains a type of gluten.best wishes, and feel free to contact me directly - I was fortunate to have a couple of people at work who helped with the questions so please do ask.Gill (TPA Trustee)

Hi all , have been trying to treat what i thought was candida, but methinks it may be gluten sensitivity . have started to go without any gluten ,but it is a mine field.

Guest guest

Hi , many thanks for this. i may have one or two questions in the future. so it is a life line to be able to get info first hand by someone with the same problems. regards Angel. another one to add to the list of autoimmune- you never no we may be able to get amention in the Guinness book of records. (lol).

Guest guest

HI Miriam, thanks for the reply. i see i have to do some researching. it seems all i do in my spare time is research.keeps the gray brain cells working, that`s if it will work. Angel.