RemedySpot.com

thyroid ultrasound

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello !Thanks for your answer! :)It really is something new to me also this thing about the thumb and the thyroid, i had never heard of it before :)My history is a long battle against fatigue. It started with knee and leg muscle pain 11 years ago, and little by little the fatigue came on.I´ve been told by some doctors that i have cfs, by others i have been told i don´t. they say that if i had cfs the fatigue would have been the first symptom to come. i also don´t have Post exertional malaise, a symptom that seems to be important for every cfs sufferer. i´ve always felt that cfs wasn´t my diagnosis, that doctors weren´t doing everything they could to help me.But i´m very tired and even though i live the day, i drag myself and i never wake up full of energy. i so miss that!!!A couple of months ago a friend told me about your thyroid page and i started studying and reading everything i could about this. It´s helped me a lot! and gave me some hope, wich is so nice after so many years :)I don´t have many of the symptoms of thyroid disease, except i don´t sweat much, i´m tired all the time, my muscles hurt, my eyes hurt, my hands when i´m cold "fall asleep" and low body temperature (sometimes)I´m taking some supplements now. Vitamin D, folic acid, b12, iron and magnesium. (because my levels are kind of low):VITAMINSFolic Acid__________________________ 6,44 ng/mL (> 5,38 )Vit B12 ____________________________ 375 pg/mL ( 211- 911 )Vitamin D 3 __________________ 28,7 ng/mL (insuficiency from 10 to 30 ng/mL) METALSCopper _____________________________ 82 ug/dL ( 80-155 )Magnesium _________________________ 1,98 mg/dL (1,7- 2,6 )Zinc _________________________________ 95 ug/dL (60 – 150 ) Iron ________________________________ 75 ug/dL ( 40 – 150 )% Saturation of Transferrin ______ 20 % ( 20 – 55)Transferrin _________________________ 302 mg /dL ( 200- 360 )Ferritin _____________________________ 16 ng/mL ( 10 – 120 ) I´m seeing a nice doctor who believes that i have hashimoto´s but is not willing to treat me until ths levels raise. i´m also looking at adrenal fatigue. i´m thinking it might be an issue also because i did the pupil test and it seems i have adrenal fatigue. i also feel i need to eat often because it gives me some energy. and sometimes i get some sudden energy at weird times of the day. my morning cortisol in blood is 11ug/dL (range 4,3-22,4). It´s not low, but if it is suppose to take me through the day... maybe it´s too low? I wanted to take the saliva 24h cortisol test. What kind of test should i take? Cortisol and dhea? Are those the important ones? Or should I maybe look at other hormones like progesterone, estrogens or aldosterone? I´ve been looking at labs in europe that do the test. do you have some labs that are reliable? I also bought some iodine and tested in my skin. i think i absorbed it very quick. maybe i lack some iodine too. I also took thyroid tests a couple of months ago and these are the results:TSH____________ 1,10 mU/L (0,35-5,5)T4______________ 7,9 ug/dL (4,5-11,5)FT4_____________ 1,10 ng/dL (0,8-1,8)T3_______________0,9 ug/L (0,6-1,9)FT3______________2,99 ng/L (2,3-4,2) ANTIBODIESAB Anti Tiroglobulin____________ 166,1 Ul/mL ( <60 )TPO _______________________________ 43,7 Ul/mL ( <60 ) Do you think i could maybe have a t4 to t3 problem conversion? I think my T3 is maybe a little low, but maybe my Ft3 and Ft4 are good?uff... a lot of questions! i´m learning so much these days! For the first time in 11 years i think that it´s in my hands to try and understand what is happening to me, i finally realiced that i can´t leave my health to doctors. And it´s all because of nice people like you that are helping me study and learn so many things!!Thank you so so so much for everything!much love y besos from Spain :)El 02/03/2012, a las 12:37, escribió:

Hi ,I am sorry that nobody has responded to your question. I don't think it has been ignored or overlooked, but rather that nobody knows the answer to it – I certainly don't. Please tell us a bit about your history – have you been diagnosed with thyroid disease? Was the ultrasound the only investigation? Have blood tests been done and have you got copies of all the results (incl. of ref ranges – important!), and also copies of your thyroid scan? – if not, please ask your doctor for it all. Whilst an ultrasound scan is helpful in making a diagnosis, thyroid disease cannot be ruled out on the basis of a 'normal' ultrasound alone....I will send you the names and contacts of those 2 doctors in Spain in a private mail. Best wishes,

Guest guest

Hi

I have resent the doctors list with the names and addresses of

the two doctors in Spain to you privately. Keep it safe, and I hope you are

able to see one of them and that they are able to help you.

I am not really able to help you regarding thyroid ultra-sounds.

I have little to no experience with them, but I sincerely hope somebody else

here knows more than I do. I have never heard that the size of your distal

thumb can be used as a measure of your thyroid to check whether you have an

enlarged thyroid (goitre) or not. Are you experiencing any problems with your

neck/thyroid/throat area? Do you have antibodies to your thyroid? Have you

talked to your doctor about the possibility of a goitre.

Have you had any recent thyroid function tests done and if so,

what were the results? Post these with the reference range so we can help with

their interpretation.

Luv - Sheila

I had a question about thyroid

ultrasounds. I just got one done and the doctors, like always, say that the

results are normal.

I really don´t know what or how to

read them. For what i understand my left thyroid is 4,27 cm and my right

thyroid is 4,24.

I´ve been reading online about what

normal results are and i have found a " rule of the thumb " that says