RemedySpot.com

Blood tests for Haemochromatosis results Pippa / B

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Pippa / B I found this statement published on the Haemochromatosis UK site under "News and Events" (at the bottom of the page!) Treatment News: The National Blood Service's criteria for donors have been relaxed regarding the upper age limit for regular donors, and allowing diabetics and

those with high blood pressure to donate. If you are in the maintenence phase of your treatment you may be able to donate - see www.blood.co.uk for more details. This appears to be a big step in the right direction. Also there is an age group of 66 - 70 years on the health check link. http://www.blood.co.uk/can-i-give-blood/donor-health-check/ However I didn't come across info on patients who have had transfusions being relaxed. Best wishesJaki chicks_have_flown" <julie@...> wrote: I have highish Ferritin, and can't donate blood, because 26 years ago I received blood after the birth of my son.2 PippaH pippah_uk@... Hello Jaki

Many thanks for the reply - I have given blood in the past but they haven't called me recently - I will check and see if I am too old at 66 for donations. The list of things stopping donations seems to grow ever time I donate - but I didn't realise receiving blood 26 years previously was one of them. I guess I wouldn't have looked since I have fortunately not needed blood. Best wishes Pippa

jaki.y@... wrote:

From a Haemochromatosis (HH) view the bloods look good. Any concerns of rising Ferritin levels can be overcome by becoming a blood donor. The Iron Disorders Institute is very helpful, the link's below. The discussion group will help out with any questions about Haemochromatosis or any other blood disorder. Best wishes Jak