RemedySpot.com

Re: dales purified thyroxine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'll be interested to know how you get on...I'm about to see an Endo and plan

asking for pure thyroxine for the same reasons as you. I did contact someone at

dales to ask about this stuff and was told it just contains thyroxine,

purified water and glycerol, so unless you have a problem with glycerol I'd have

thought the only difficulty might be seemingly, getting your hands on it in the

first place.

It does I gather depend upon getting the wording right on the script.

Would love to hear how it goes for you Susie !

>

> My endo has recommended to my GP that I try the purified thyroxine as I can't

tolerate any other type of thyroid meds.

Guest guest

Hi Susie,

In a word yes,your GP would have to state on the prescription the exact filler required.

I have had dealings with dales and they are not keen in talking to the general public.I did manage to speak to a customer service guy who told me there were hundreds of different fillers that they use and he could not specifically tell me which ones were the most requested when added to thyroxine.

I think calcium phosphate and mannitol are two I've heard of.Does your GP know how expensive this medication is?I got a private GP to prescribe these and Boots tried to charge me £365 for 100 capsules.Needless to say I never picked them up.Eventually got them from the Co-op for £100!!!

I asked the GP to put "Purified Thyroxine with Calcium Phosphate" on the script.Have no idea if that's what I got though.The capsules were dispensed in a brown bottle with no inlay slip and just had Levothyroxine (Pure) written on them with the strength.

I do not want to dishearten you,but they did not agree with me.I felt just like I did with the normal NHS levothyroxine. We are all different though and they certainly may work for you.I do hope so Susie.

Regards Peary

-- In thyroid treatment , "susiewensley" <susiewensley@...> wrote:>> My endo has recommended to my GP that I try the purified thyroxine as I can't tolerate any other type of thyroid meds. The reaction I have had to them, I have also had to certain types of antibiotics, vitamin d and omega 3. I've printed off the helpful file from this site about dales, but just wanted to know more about the filler. Do you have to specify the particular filler and can they try different fillers? Is there a contact number for dales so I can speak to them about it before I see my GP on Friday?> > Many thanks> Susie>

Guest guest

Thanks for your replies. Do either of you have a phone number for dales?

Peary, I'm not holding my breath for them to work! Did you find any solution in

the end to your problems with thyroxine then?

Susie