RemedySpot.com

Re: Calling CHRISTINA/AUTO_IMMUNE!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm not but this article may interest you http://www.adrenalfatiguefocus.org/so-tired.html

Luv - Sheila

Hi , sorry to 'trouble you'!!

it's just that you wrote a VERY interesting post (well...you always write

very interesting posts!!! ) a

little while ago..... about 'waking up in the night for the toilet' (yes, to

'pee') and being low in some mineral....at least that is what I seem to recall!

was it magnesium or something? sorry but I really can't remember!

~The reason why I am asking is because I have always been able to sleep

right through 7 to 8 hours without waking.

but now since 2 months ago I have been waking up (albeit only once) to go to

the toilet, this happens anytime in between 4 to 6 hours after I have

fallen asleep.

Guest guest

Hi,

Hi , sorry to 'trouble you'!!

No trouble at all – that's what we are all here for ;o)

it's just that you wrote a VERY interesting post (well...you always write very interesting posts!!! ) a little while ago..... about 'waking up in the night for the toilet' (yes, to 'pee') and being low in some mineral....at least that is what I seem to recall! was it magnesium or something? sorry but I really can't remember!

Hmmm, wish I could remember what I had written... but I haven't got a clue what I have said and in connection with what.

What I might have said in connection with Magnesium is that it helps me to go to sleep and to sleep deeper. Mag is also good for the heart as it relaxes muscles and the heart is a muscle.

The need to go for a wee in the middle of the night could have several reasons – habit is one (clearly not your problem), low grade UTI could be another, irregular cortisol levels due to adrenal fatigue, oedema or heart conditions and probable a few other things I haven't thought of could all be responsible for the need to use the toilet during the night. If you had mild myxedema and you now take NDT, this might also lead to increased wee-ing, as the excess fluid from the swellings is now leaving your body...

~The reason why I am asking is because I have always been able to sleep right through 7 to 8 hours without waking....

You lucky thing! (or rather, you were lucky).... I am so envious of people who can do this. I thank my lucky stars when I can sleep for 2 or 3 hours uninterrupted during the night

.....but now since 2 months ago I have been waking up (albeit only once) to go to the toilet, this happens anytime in between 4 to 6 hours after I have fallen asleep. I often don't even pass gigantic amounts of urine, meaning I am sure I could have 'held' more in my bladder, so it is VERY annoying to be woken up when my bladder could have kept a lot more in, certainly enough until I would wake up at my normal time!!! what is going on?? I HATE to be woken up by this!

.....By the sound of it (and if my own pattern of waking during the night is anything to go by) this type of waking up might be down to weak adrenal function.

Incidentally I have only just started thyroid hormone treatment at the same time...so is it because of this? will I go back to normal when I reach my optimal dose of thyroid hormone? (am still in the process of upping my NDT every 3 weeks).

It is possible that your change in medication has got something to do with it. Thyroid hormone does stimulate our organs into working better and among that it stimulates the kidney function.... my guess, however, would still be weak adrenals, because your waking pattern "fits"....

but your post made me want to try your suggestion which I now cannot remember...

That makes two of us ;o) sorry, I cannot remember either.

you suggested to another poster supplementing with something but I can't remember what! was it magnesium?

It might have been, because magnesium can help us to go to sleep. But if your waking up is due to weak adrenal function then your body might produce too little cortisol and at the wrong times. The link that Sheila has posted is brilliant and explains very well what might be happening much better than I could (thank you, Sheila )

The 'crash' arrives, along with the all-encompassing fatigue, when cortisol levels drop. This marks stage three of adrenal fatigue, the exhaustion phase. Unfortunately, sleep gets no better; cortisol levels cannot maintain blood glucose effectively between meals or during the night, ensuing the release of adrenaline as compensation. While this reaction maintains life and avoids a hypoglycaemic coma, it also activates the sympathetic nervous system, the branch of the nervous system that makes us alert, anxious and wired. Waking at regular times during the night is a reliable sign of compensatory adrenaline spikes. Using herbs such as valerian root in stages of adrenal exhaustion can actually cause unexpected and paradoxical reactions; when the body has registered a definite requirement for adrenaline release, suppressing it with otherwise-gentle herbs like valerian can cause a counter-response and an even larger adrenaline release. It is key to remember that the adrenaline is there for reason – to compensate for a lack of cortisol.

Sooo – the burning question is.... what is your adrenal status? Have you had a salivary adrenal stress profile? Are you taking sufficient adrenal support? If the answers to the above are yes, then you could try to eating a little something just before you go to bed. I am not talking a big meal, just a carbohydrate snack – but preferably not too sugary... you want complex carbs that will keep the body going. Sugar spikes too quickly and then it's gone (straight to the hips, probably). You need just enough to prevent your body from becoming hypoglycaemic during the night.

With best wishes,

Guest guest

Thank you so much Sheila!

it's a very nice article!

I have done the 'adrenal' questionnaire we have here in the 'files' section and

my score was so low it tells me I 'shouldn't' have a problem with my

adrenals...but the article was very useful none-the-less!! so thank you vey

much! :)

xxx

>

> I'm not but this article may interest you

> http://www.adrenalfatiguefocus.org/so-tired.html

>

> Luv - Sheila

Guest guest

Thank you so much for all the suggestions, you were great as usual! I have taken the adrenal 'questionnaire/quiz' we have here in the 'files' section and I have scored 'really low' on it so hopefully my adrenals are not too 'bruised' and doing not too badly! I have not had a saliva test and was not intending on spending on one when I don't feel I am experiencing symptoms of adrenals problems...(that I know of anyway).....To me it seems more likely that it's the NDT making me 'pee out' my oedema.....in fact this started just as I started on thyroid hormone, never had an issue before! Or....I was thinking...as the thyroid is now getting more 'efficient' I may well need to 'catch up' with some of my mineral status (ie magnesium/potassium).When I had my bloods done a month ago I had these checked and although both magnesium and potassium were in range, they were at lower end of range...perhaps now that my thyroid is getting a boost with the NDT it 'needs' them to be at the higher end for a better 'fluid balance' in the body?I can also try to have a snack just before going to bed, I don't mind.....I actually follow a 'paleo' diet so I don't eat anything with sugar or grains/dairy so my snack would be probably nuts or berries or peanut butter (sugar free) or creamed coconut....Thank you for taking the time to try and help, it's very kind of you and Sheila xxx hugs xxx > > Hi,> > Hi , sorry to 'trouble you'!!> > No trouble at all – that's what we are all here for ;o) > Sooo – the burning question is.... what is your adrenal status? Have> you had a salivary adrenal stress profile? Are you taking sufficient> adrenal support? If the answers to the above are yes, then you could> try to eating a little something just before you go to bed. I am not> talking a big meal, just a carbohydrate snack – but preferably not> too sugary... you want complex carbs that will keep the body going.> Sugar spikes too quickly and then it's gone (straight to the hips,> probably [:(] ). You need just enough to prevent your body from becoming> hypoglycaemic during the night.> > With best wishes,> > >