RemedySpot.com

Re: New here Did a private full screen blood test through genova

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

> IT showed up MY TSH is very low its o.571 marked with low in red next to it thing is i had doctors test me for my thyroid and told me im ok im so angry been feeling ill for years and its getting worse heres my symptons > irriability> nervouness> increased appetite(weight loss)> difficulity sleeping(very bad)> dry brittle hair> muscle weakness muscle aches> more frequent bowel movements> dizziness > skin itching hives> anxiety is through the roof> hyperactivity> excessive sweating and waking up in bed covered in sweat> frequent urination> increased thirst (very bad this one) > im off to my doctors today im going to go library and print my results out as i dont have a printer can you please give me any advice???i really am not mad

Hello ngordon and welcome,

No, you are not mad .....

However, before commenting on what might be wrong, would you be so kind and type out all your results from Genova and any other lab results you might have - and inclusive of their respective ref ranges, please. Every lab has different ranges, so we need to know whereabouts in the ref range your results are.A TSH of 0.571 on its own tells us nothing - you might be hypo, hyper or have adrenal or diabetic problems.... without looking at all the figures together it is like looking at one piece of puzzle in isolation - to see the picture you need as many pieces as possible - and please also list all other medication you might take at present, as some drugs present with side effects that might cause some of your symptoms.

with best wishes,

Guest guest

> A TSH of 0.571 on its own tells us nothing - you might be hypo, hyper or

> have adrenal or diabetic problems.... without looking at all the figures

> together it is like looking at one piece of puzzle in isolation - to see

> the picture you need as many pieces as possible - and please also list

> all other medication you might take at present, as some drugs present

> with side effects that might cause some of your symptoms.

>

> with best wishes,

>

>

Hello thanks for replying heres my results

Thyroid stimulating hormone(TSH)0.571 has L next to it in red which means low

T4-96.9

Ft4-13.6

ft3-4.82

followed by this-

Lower than optimal Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) Level.

Drug causes of decreased TSH include: T3 and / or T4 treatments, Aspirin,

Corticosteroids, Heparin,

Dopamine

Other conditions associated with decreased TSH levels include: Protein

malnutrition, T4/T3 toxicosis,

Excessive therapy for hypothyroidism, Severe nonthyroid illness, Postpartum

transient toxicosis & Pituitary

insufficiency

A decreased TSH level may also be due to an inadequate secretion of Thyroid

Releasing Hormone (TRH) from

the hypothalamus.

Consider a heavy metal body burden with a thyroid condition that is unresponsive

to treatment. Specific

metals include aluminium, mercury, and cadmium that act as disruptors to thyroid

receptor activity.

it does run in my family my mum and granma had it infact was my mum who says

alot prob your thryoid i had them symtpons

Guest guest

>

> IT showed up MY TSH is very low its o.571 marked with low in red next to it

thing is i had doctors test me for my thyroid and told me im ok im so angry been

feeling ill for years and its getting worse heres my symptons

>

> irriability

> nervouness

> increased appetite(weight loss)

> difficulity sleeping(very bad)

> dry brittle hair

> muscle weakness muscle aches

> more frequent bowel movements

> dizziness

> skin itching hives

> anxiety is through the roof

> hyperactivity

> excessive sweating and waking up in bed covered in sweat

> frequent urination

> increased thirst (very bad this one)

>

> im off to my doctors today im going to go library and print my results out as

i dont have a printer can you please give me any advice???i really am not mad

>

heres my results

T4-96.9

FT4-13.6

FT3-4.82

TSH-0.571 WITH L next to it marked in red so i know its low

Guest guest

Hello thanks for replying heres my resultsThyroid stimulating hormone

TSH 0.57 L (0.4 – 4.0)

T4- 96.9 (58-154) Ft4- 13.6 (10 -22)ft3- 4.82 (2.8-6.5)followed by this-Lower than optimal Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) Level.a) Drug causes of decreased TSH include: T3 and / or T4 treatments, Aspirin, Corticosteroids, Heparin, Dopamine

B) Other conditions associated with decreased TSH levels include: Protein malnutrition, T4/T3 toxicosis,Excessive therapy for hypothyroidism, Severe nonthyroid illness, Postpartum transient toxicosis and

c) Pituitary insufficiency. A decreased TSH level may also be due to an inadequate secretion of ThyroidReleasing Hormone (TRH) from the hypothalamus.

d) Consider a heavy metal body burden with a thyroid condition that is unresponsive to treatment. Specificmetals include aluminium, mercury, and cadmium that act as disruptors to thyroid receptor activity.it does run in my family my mum and granma had it infact was my mum who says alot prob your thryoid i had them symtpons

Hello ngordon,

Thanks for posting the results. As it happens, I know the ref ranges for Genova labs, because we work a lot with them, but in future, please always add the ref ranges ... I have put them in above for you.

If you read through the explanations that Genova have provided (I have marked them a, b, c and d above), you will note that they are giving you any possible causes for your test results.

Your TSH is not dangerously low. It does not indicate hyPERthyroidism; it is just lower than Genova thinks optimal. Possible reasons for your TSH being on the low side in combination with your other thyroid figures are given – so you have to ask yourself.....

a) Are you taking any of the drugs mentioned? T3/T4 treatment would be thyroid hormone, which you are not taking, but how about the others?

B) What is your diet like? are you getting sufficient good protein? (the protein in junk food for example would be `bad' protein and eating a lot of take-aways or other junk food can lead to malnutrition) – Have you been seriously ill recently? Have you given birth recently?

c) Low TSH can also be caused by pituitary malfunctioning or malfunctioning of the hypothalamus... and – something that is not mentioned above – an erroneously low TSH can also be caused by having Hashimoto's disease.

d) Have you got lots of amalgam fillings in your teeth? – or been exposed to other heavy metals a lot?

Looking at your results and for the moment ignoring your TSH (which could be low-normal for any of the above mentioned reasons), your FT4 looks a bit on the low side, but all the other figures look "normal" for somebody not taking any thyroid hormones. This, however, does not mean that you are not hypothyroid. If you look again on your Genova result under "thyroid autoimmunity" ... what are the figures for TG and TPO antibodies? If either of those were positive, you would suffer from Hashimoto's disease, whatever the figures of the TFT result.... although that would not automatically mean that you will get diagnosed. It is unlikely that any NHS doctor will diagnose you hypothyroid unless and until your lab figures are `in the red' .... and you can get clinical symptoms many months, even years, before that happens. By the time TFT results become clearly positive, about 75% of our thyroid gland will no longer be functional; as I said, you get clinical symptoms a lot earlier than that and it might be an uphill struggle to convince your doctor that you are hypothyroid.... most of us have been there.

With best wishes,

Guest guest

>

>

> Hello thanks for replying heres my results

> Thyroid stimulating hormone

>

my diet is very good and i had my 2 alagrams fillings removed i done anti

candida diet to and feel no better my doctors is doing another blood test friday

i will ask to see results and show you im thinking going see private specilist

now as nhs i get no where and they wont even listen to my symtpons.Natasha

Guest guest

Frequent urination and increased thirst might indicate diabetes, so it would be worth going to GP for a fasting blood test to rule this out. Also take a urine sample with you so they can dip test it there and then.

Jackie xOn 21 March 2012 10:44, ngordon81 <ngordon2004@...> wrote:

>

>

> Hello thanks for replying heres my results

> Thyroid stimulating hormone

>

my diet is very good and i had my 2 alagrams fillings removed i done anti candida diet to and feel no better my doctors is doing another blood test friday i will ask to see results and show you im thinking going see private specilist now as nhs i get no where and they wont even listen to my symtpons.Natasha

Guest guest

i have been tested for this and always come back im not but i have asked again

as they are re testing my thyroid so i have to ask the nurse to check my sugars

when she does this friday

here are my symtpons

irriatble

nervous

insominia cant sleep

muscle weakness muscke aches

more frequent bowel movements

fatique

tired alot

skin itching all over sometimes hives

anxiety

increased thirst

fast metaabolism

irreguar periods sometimes

night sweats

dizzyness

breathlessness especially after going up the stairs

>

> Frequent urination and increased thirst might indicate diabetes, so it

> would be worth going to GP for a fasting blood test to rule this out. Also

> take a urine sample with you so they can dip test it there and then.

>

> Jackie x

[Ed]

Guest guest

> my diet is very good and i had my 2 alagrams fillings removed i done anti candida diet to and feel no better my doctors is doing another blood test friday i will ask to see results and show you im thinking going see private specilist now as nhs i get no where and they wont even listen to my symtpons.Natasha

Hello Natasha,

There are many, many reasons why thyroid results appear to be "normal" when in fact they are not and it is very difficult to find what is wrong. Doctors nowadays sadly do not pay much attention to clinical symptoms - this is wrong, but it's also a fact of life. For you it would probably be best to see someone like Dr. Peatfield privately. He is one of the rare gems who actually look at a patient and clinical symptoms and not just the blood results.... but you would have to see him privately and you will have to be prepared to travel. Look at the TPA-UK home page and you will find references to Dr. Peatfield, which contain all the information you will need.

Could I make a suggestion, Natasha - I have noticed that you have put several different threads on the forum - all with different headings, but most of them asking the same things. This is very confusion for other members. When you post questions on the forum it is always best to stick under ONE subject heading at a time, so that other members who want to help get a chance to read the whole thread. Many of us read from - and reply from - the forum's home page, and when a subject is posted under the same heading, you can read the whole thread, particularly when you have to go back and refer to something that has been said previously. This way it's all under one 'hat' and it won't be necessary to post the same message again and it avoids unnecessary questions by posters.

You asked in another of your threads if there is a private doctor near borough.... perhaps there is, you would have to ask Sheila privately for a list of "good endos", but I honestly doubt if any NHS or registered private doctor would diagnose you with thyroid disease and put you on a trial medication with blood results like yours. They would run a risk of being reported to the GMC if they treated a patient with "normal" thyroid results.

You can save yourself a lot of money and frustration by going to see Dr. Peatfield in the first place - even though that would mean for your to travel some distance. Any doctor of the "medical establishment" will have his or her hands tied and you might find yourself no further down the line and incur great expense.

It would help a lot if you could persuade your GP to order the following lab tests to check for:

Ferritin, Magnesium, Folate, Zinc, Copper, Vit B12 and Vit D3..... if you were low in any of those minerals or vitamins (even low within the ref range) it might prevent thyroid hormone from being utilized properly. Try to get this done.

with best wishes,

Guest guest

Thank you christina i am going to see dr.peatfield i rang his clinic today and

said id ring back as he does not have appointment till may but am going to call

back tomorrow and book one with him.

Natasha

>

> Could I make a suggestion, Natasha - I have noticed that you have put

> several different threads on the forum - all with different headings,

> but most of them asking the same things. This is very confusion for

> other members. When you post questions on the forum it is always best to

> stick under ONE subject heading at a time,