RemedySpot.com

Anyone used PALS service re issues with Endo?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Morning All

Back in January I spoke with my hospital's PALS team in relation to issues I had concerning the treatment I was receiving (or not) for my thyroid condition. I stressed that at this stage I only had "concerns" and wasn't actually wanting to make an official complaint. Basically following months of treatment, I felt I was no further forward than when I first saw him.

They advised me to put my concerns in writing, which I did, and they would take it up on my behalf. As yet I have not received a response (apart from a copy of a letter from my endo to my GP stating that I had made a complaint about him and he had therefore cancelled my next appointment!!) I have spoken with PALS again today and was informed they had been chasing up the response and hopefully I would receive it this week.

What I'd like to know is, what should I expect from this response? Ideally I would like him to address all the issues I raised, and for him to be able to back up what he is stating with medical references. I get the feeling though, that I'm just going to be fobbed off! The lady at PALS, who has already read the draft of the endo's response didn't exactly give me any reason to feel confident either. Is it enough for him to be able to just say "if you're not happy with the treatment you're getting from me, feel free to get a second opinion" - subject closed!?

It wasn't just the direction in which the treatment was going though (i.e. nowhere!) it was his attitude towards me - which I do feel changed after my second appointment when I (wisely/unwisely) told him about TPA and that I was a member!

If anyone has gone down this route themselves and could offer any insight or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.... Gill