RemedySpot.com

Re: Barrett - Quackwatch

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dale,

The thing with this guy is he will probably come back with another organization even if they shut this one down. He's slick and he's getting paid for his lies so it's unlikely he will stop. I just hope people are watching him and can identify the lies when they see his publications.

Regards,

Sharon

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

ly if anyone didn't notice that Barret disparaged

any and all modialites except for allopathic medicine

then

they need to learn how to analyze what they read and

not take anything and everything for face value.

What Barrett did is what an good old boy does for

money...no different than many in our established

agencies these days. Nothing replaces the personal

responsibility and value of doing your own research

when making important decisions.

medusa

Re: [ ]

Barrett - Quackwatch

> Dale,

>

> The thing with this guy is he will probably come back

with another organization even if they shut this one

down. He's slick and he's getting paid for his lies so

it's unlikely he will stop. I just hope people are

watching him and can identify the lies when they see

his publications.

>

> Regards,

> Sharon

Hi Madusa,

You and I realize this but we are dealing with a dumbed down American population who don't do their homework and who are voting in politicians that harm us. I'm a former Federal Auditor for the DHHS/OIG so I know the value of good research, checking sources and finding conflicts of interest but most don't have the skills I have. I wish they did because I think we would be a lot better off if we had an educated population. It was my way of saying double check your sources before you post something like this but I was trying to say it in a way that didn't offend anyone.

Sharon

Re: [miracle_mineral_ supplement] Barrett - Quackwatch> Dale,>> The thing with this guy is he will probably come backwith another organization even if they shut this onedown. He's slick and he's getting paid for his lies soit's unlikely he will stop. I just hope people arewatching him and can identify the lies when they seehis publications.>> Regards,> Sharon

Even a bad guy has some redeeming qualities.

Barrett still stirs things up and makes people think.

I really don't read much of his stuff, but I like that quackwatch is out there, it lets people who need to be, know they are being watched.

And more importantly, it let's people know that they can't believe everything they read, or hear on TV or radio, or especially, on the internet!

Those of us who do our homework can discern for ourselves whether what he writes is valid or not.

But to throw out everything he writes because of some things he writes is as bad as believing everything he writes.

I also know the value of good research, and sometimes, bad sources provide good research.

Great for rebuttals if nothing else!

Ever heard of making lemonade from lemons?

;-)

We do have educated people in our dumbed down society.

I think one of the biggest problems is people who believe other people, instead of checking it out for themselves.

Then there are the ones who shut down and don't listen to anything or anyone.

So I always say, don't believe me, don't believe other people, don't even believe yourself, cuz you contradict yourself all the time as things change. What's true today is a crock tomorrow. Stay conscious and in the moment. That's my advice to me. Don't take it personally. <grin>

Kathy

If you enjoy reading lies so be it. To each his own.

Sharon

RE: [ ] Barrett - Quackwatch

I really don't read much of his stuff, but I like that quackwatch is out there, it lets people who need to be, know they are being watched.

And more importantly, it let's people know that they can't believe everything they read, or hear on TV or radio, or especially, on the internet!

Those of us who do our homework can discern for ourselves whether what he writes is valid or not.

But to throw out everything he writes because of some things he writes is as bad as believing everything he writes.

I also know the value of good research, and sometimes, bad sources provide good research.

;-)

I think one of the biggest problems is people who believe other people, instead of checking it out for themselves.

So I always say, don't believe me, don't believe other people, don't even believe yourself, cuz you contradict yourself all the time as things change. What's true today is a crock tomorrow. Stay conscious and in the moment. That's my advice to me. Don't take it personally. <grin>

Kathy

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

Medusa,

You wrote " Nothing replaces the personal

responsibility and value of doing your own research

when making important decisions. " I completely agree. I feel that it

is the responsibility of all of us to read and listen to as much

accurate information as we can. If we do we will help ourselves and

others.

S

>

> Hi Madusa,

>

> You and I realize this but we are dealing with a dumbed down

American population who don't do their homework and who are voting in

politicians that harm us. I'm a former Federal Auditor for the

DHHS/OIG so I know the value of good research, checking sources and

finding conflicts of interest but most don't have the skills I have.

I wish they did because I think we would be a lot better off if we

had an educated population. It was my way of saying double check

your sources before you post something like this but I was trying to

say it in a way that didn't offend anyone.

>

> Sharon

>

>

> Re: [miracle_mineral_ supplement]

> Barrett - Quackwatch

>

> > Dale,

> >

> > The thing with this guy is he will probably come back

> with another organization even if they shut this one

> down. He's slick and he's getting paid for his lies so

> it's unlikely he will stop. I just hope people are

> watching him and can identify the lies when they see

> his publications.

> >

> > Regards,

> > Sharon

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better pen pal.

> Text or chat with friends inside . See how.

http://overview.mail./

>

Kathy the man has no redeeming qualities in my opinion. He is not a medical doctor; he has been sued successfully in several states; he brought a mentally ill woman (possibly a fake) onto the Stern show and used her screwball testimony to make a mockery of ozone therapy, among others, and Stern bought it hook, line, and sinker. The 2 of them sent miilions of listeners in a direction that harmed them in my opinion. People with hcv would not be sick and dying if not for these weasels.

RE: [miracle_mineral_ supplement] Barrett - Quackwatch

;-)

Kathy

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

he was a psychiatrist according to most recent claims i've read, but before it was said he was a dentist. he's unlicensed and not practicing ... used to hear he lost his license (as a dentist), now hear he just gave it up (as a psych). whatever, F him and the quacks he rode in on.

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of arthur ramboSent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 7:36 PM Subject: Re: [ ] Barrett - Quackwatch

Kathy the man has no redeeming qualities in my opinion. He is not a medical doctor; he has been sued successfully in several states; he brought a mentally ill woman (possibly a fake) onto the Stern show and used her screwball testimony to make a mockery of ozone therapy, among others, and Stern bought it hook, line, and sinker. The 2 of them sent miilions of listeners in a direction that harmed them in my opinion. People with hcv would not be sick and dying if not for these weasels.

I once wrote to Barrett to ask him how much Big

Pharma and the FDA were paying him. I must have hit a

nerve as he actually responded to me in email denying

any association.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better pen pal.

Text or chat with friends inside . See how.

http://overview.mail./

I used hcv people as just one example, but thousands more were denied correct information due to Barretts false presentation. When you use the public airways to do this, you are harming people directly. Barrett should be in jail. I don't want to clutter the board with this, but it is criutical that people be made aware just how evil this guy is. I've lost friends and family to allopathic "medicine". Earlier, I left out the part about learning that my mother was given experimental drugs in a study at NIH for her heart condition. She died very suddenly of a massive heart attack. I read, 10 years later in the Wash Post that the drug she took caused heart attacks, and was

discontinued. She took the drug because she felt she had no other option. The same was the case of several friends. They were denied proper care, and given poison instead. http://www.oxygenmedicine.com/hepcandozone.html

Hi ArthurDuly noted. I did a search on Barrett. He has certainly created a messfor himself. Mostly bad...... I've only read a couple of reports hewrote, one was about Young, the other was junk, so I avoided him mostly.On his home page, he does recommend ConsumerLab. com they testsupplements and let you know if they are really good. I joined them, butthey weren't testing the ones that I wanted to know about the most.I looked down his table of contents, and hey, let's face it, there aresome good therapies that he bashes, there are also some bad therapiesthat he bashes. There are a lot of alternative therapies that just don'twork. So it's good to question. But I'm not going to trouble myself withreading that crap. And most of it IS crap, I agree. But I can't say it'sall crap. Got to sift the wheat from the chaff, and there seems to bemore chaff than wheat there. Lots of weeds too. With

thorns.I don't watch TV, I think most of it is a waste of time, although I dopick and choose movies to watch. So I missed Stern. Sorry that Stern wasso gullible, maybe he was paid to be that way? Wouldn't be the firsttime.How is Barrett is responsible for people with HCV being sick and dying?Has he said things about HCV that have made you say that? Nothing toindicate that on his home page, so I'm asking.Kathy~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~"I used to think that when people hurt me, they surely must know andthey were doing it on purpose. I felt like I was being betrayed onceagain, like my grandfather betrayed me, I trusted him and he hurt me,and he meant to. But why did everyone else have it in for me? Then one day I started to love myself, and much much later, I realized,that the person I thought was hurting me had no idea, and that

inreality, I was betraying myself by not letting them know. I startedletting people know, and it's made all the difference."

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside . See how.

Arthur,I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. Having been at the NIH, they are to me, akin to Mengeles experimentation camps. Half dead already people being led to their final demise. arthur rambo <alquitit@...> wrote: I used hcv people as just one example, but thousands more were denied correct information due to Barretts false presentation. When you

use the public airways to do this, you are harming people directly. Barrett should be in jail. I don't want to clutter the board with this, but it is criutical that people be made aware just how evil this guy is. I've lost friends and family to allopathic "medicine". Earlier, I left out the part about learning that my mother was given experimental drugs in a study at NIH for her heart condition. She died very suddenly of a massive heart attack. I read, 10 years later in the Wash Post that the drug she took caused heart attacks, and was discontinued. She took the drug because she felt she had no other option. The same was the case of several friends. They were denied proper care, and given poison instead. http://www.oxygenmedicine.com/hepcandozone.html RE: [ ] Barrett - Quackwatch Hi ArthurDuly noted. I did a search on Barrett. He has certainly created a messfor himself. Mostly bad...... I've only read a couple of reports hewrote, one was about Young, the other was junk, so I avoided him mostly.On his home page, he does recommend ConsumerLab. com they testsupplements and

let you know if they are really good. I joined them, butthey weren't testing the ones that I wanted to know about the most.I looked down his table of contents, and hey, let's face it, there aresome good therapies that he bashes, there are also some bad therapiesthat he bashes. There are a lot of alternative therapies that just don'twork. So it's good to question. But I'm not going to trouble myself withreading that crap. And most of it IS crap, I agree. But I can't say it'sall crap. Got to sift the wheat from the chaff, and there seems to bemore chaff than wheat there. Lots of weeds too. With thorns.I don't watch TV, I think most of it is a waste of time, although I dopick and choose movies to watch. So I missed Stern. Sorry that Stern wasso gullible, maybe he was paid to be that way? Wouldn't be the firsttime.How is Barrett is responsible for people with HCV being sick and dying?Has he said things about

HCV that have made you say that? Nothing toindicate that on his home page, so I'm asking.Kathy~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~"I used to think that when people hurt me, they surely must know andthey were doing it on purpose. I felt like I was being betrayed onceagain, like my grandfather betrayed me, I trusted him and he hurt me,and he meant to. But why did everyone else have it in for me? Then one day I started to love myself, and much much later, I realized,that the person I thought was hurting me had no idea, and that inreality, I was betraying myself by not letting them know. I startedletting people know, and it's made all the difference." Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside . See how. Regards, Carol Ann ~ The only thing that is different is how you think..http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

thanks for that ozone article link, excellent!

that really sucks about your mom.

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of arthur ramboSent: Monday, November 26, 2007 6:51 AM Subject: Re: [ ] Barrett - Quackwatch

I used hcv people as just one example, but thousands more were denied correct information due to Barretts false presentation. When you use the public airways to do this, you are harming people directly. Barrett should be in jail. I don't want to clutter the board with this, but it is criutical that people be made aware just how evil this guy is. I've lost friends and family to allopathic "medicine". Earlier, I left out the part about learning that my mother was given experimental drugs in a study at NIH for her heart condition. She died very suddenly of a massive heart attack. I read, 10 years later in the Wash Post that the drug she took caused heart attacks, and was discontinued. She took the drug because she felt she had no other option. The same was the case of several friends. They were denied proper care, and given poison instead. http://www.oxygenmedicine.com/hepcandozone.html

Hi ArthurDuly noted. I did a search on Barrett. He has certainly created a messfor himself. Mostly bad...... I've only read a couple of reports hewrote, one was about Young, the other was junk, so I avoided him mostly.On his home page, he does recommend ConsumerLab. com they testsupplements and let you know if they are really good. I joined them, butthey weren't testing the ones that I wanted to know about the most.I looked down his table of contents, and hey, let's face it, there aresome good therapies that he bashes, there are also some bad therapiesthat he bashes. There are a lot of alternative therapies that just don'twork. So it's good to question. But I'm not going to trouble myself withreading that crap. And most of it IS crap, I agree. But I can't say it'sall crap. Got to sift the wheat from the chaff, and there seems to bemore chaff than wheat there. Lots of weeds too. With thorns.I don't watch TV, I think most of it is a waste of time, although I dopick and choose movies to watch. So I missed Stern. Sorry that Stern wasso gullible, maybe he was paid to be that way? Wouldn't be the firsttime.How is Barrett is responsible for people with HCV being sick and dying?Has he said things about HCV that have made you say that? Nothing toindicate that on his home page, so I'm asking.Kathy~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~"I used to think that when people hurt me, they surely must know andthey were doing it on purpose. I felt like I was being betrayed onceagain, like my grandfather betrayed me, I trusted him and he hurt me,and he meant to. But why did everyone else have it in for me? Then one day I started to love myself, and much much later, I realized,that the person I thought was hurting me had no idea, and that inreality, I was betraying myself by not letting them know. I startedletting people know, and it's made all the difference."

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside . See how.