RemedySpot.com

Re: Simple Experiment to crudely test whether chlorine dioxide precipitates iron from blood

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Chlorine Dioxide will bleach the color from most things , so this experiment wont work. I left out a AMMS with apple cider one night and the juice was bleached almost clear by morning. IN NCLevi Philos <leviphilos@...> wrote: Not terribly scientific, but here's a suggestion -Mix up the solution - use distilled water to dilute - then prick a finger

and get several drops of blood. On a piece of glass (or translucent plastic) place the blood and about twice as much chlorine dioxide solution and just wait about five minutes. Observe the color while your slide is over a light source (maybe take a digital photo) at the beginning and again after a period of time.If the chlorine dioxide is stealing iron from the blood, the solution should change color away from the pink at the beginning. The actual quantity of precipitated iron salt would be very small - perhaps too low to visually see.But, if this is actually happening, the consequence of prolonged ingestion of this solution would be an anemic condition. This would make you very tired and wanting to sleep --- exactly what several people have reported.Chlorine dioxide is a highly reactive and aggressive molecule, so a side effect like this might be expected. Generally speaking, an aggressive molecule

attacks first whatever is available and easy which means the very stuff we want it to attack and remove, but continuous use over a long period of time could very well lead to an anemic condition.I am neither chemist or doctor; Levi Philos Wilkins

http//:www.juiceplus.com/+lw55887

The Children's Research Foundation Children 6-15 FREE for 3 years

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

i watched org apple juice poured into AMMS lose most of it's color in a matter of seconds...but i drank it so i don't know if it would've been much lighter after awhile.

i decided i like the organic concord grape juice lots better so haven't used the apple juice since.

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of WilkinsSent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:37 AM Subject: Re: [ ] Simple Experiment to crudely test whether chlorine dioxide precipitates iron from blood

Chlorine Dioxide will bleach the color from most things , so this experiment wont work. I left out a AMMS with apple cider one night and the juice was bleached almost clear by morning.

IN NCLevi Philos <leviphilos@...> wrote:

Not terribly scientific, but here's a suggestion -Mix up the solution - use distilled water to dilute - then prick a finger and get several drops of blood. On a piece of glass (or translucent plastic) place the blood and about twice as much chlorine dioxide solution and just wait about five minutes. Observe the color while your slide is over a light source (maybe take a digital photo) at the beginning and again after a period of time.If the chlorine dioxide is stealing iron from the blood, the solution should change color away from the pink at the beginning. The actual quantity of precipitated iron salt would be very small - perhaps too low to visually see.But, if this is actually happening, the consequence of prolonged ingestion of this solution would be an anemic condition. This would make you very tired and wanting to sleep --- exactly what several people have reported.Chlorine dioxide is a highly reactive and aggressive molecule, so a side effect like this might be expected. Generally speaking, an aggressive molecule attacks first whatever is available and easy which means the very stuff we want it to attack and remove, but continuous use over a long period of time could very well lead to an anemic condition.I am neither chemist or doctor; Levi Philos

Wilkins

http//:www.juiceplus.com/+lw55887

The Children's Research Foundation Children 6-15 FREE for 3 years

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

Levi,

Let say that the hipothisis of iron stripping is true. Would it be

true then that those who have to take it on a long term basis could

fix the problem by supplementing with iron?

S

>

> Not terribly scientific, but here's a suggestion -

>

> Mix up the solution - use distilled water to dilute - then prick a

> finger and get several drops of blood. On a piece of glass (or

> translucent plastic) place the blood and about twice as much

chlorine

> dioxide solution and just wait about five minutes. Observe the

color

> while your slide is over a light source (maybe take a digital

photo) at

> the beginning and again after a period of time.

>

> If the chlorine dioxide is stealing iron from the blood, the

solution

> should change color away from the pink at the beginning. The actual

> quantity of precipitated iron salt would be very small - perhaps

too low

> to visually see.

>

> But, if this is actually happening, the consequence of prolonged

> ingestion of this solution would be an anemic condition. This would

make

> you very tired and wanting to sleep --- exactly what several people

have

> reported.

>

> Chlorine dioxide is a highly reactive and aggressive molecule, so a

side

> effect like this might be expected. Generally speaking, an

aggressive

> molecule attacks first whatever is available and easy which means

the

> very stuff we want it to attack and remove, but continuous use over

a

> long period of time could very well lead to an anemic condition.

>

> I am neither chemist or doctor; Levi Philos

>

On 11/27/2007 2:40:38 PM, lisamarie22@... wrote:

> Levi,

>

> Let say that the hipothisis of iron stripping is true. Would it be

> true then that those who have to take it on a long term basis could

> fix the problem by supplementing with iron?

>

> S

>

Iron is a dangerous supplement.

Either be under a doctors care with blood tests, or only use food

(beef liver).

Chuck

I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards

.... I got a full house and four people died.