RemedySpot.com

Acid pH & dis-ease in the body

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Val and Kathy - Kathy and Val

Thank you both for your responses. I was hoping to stimulate an interest in what happens in the kidneys, for it is there - I believe - that mal-nutrition (poor food choices) appears to cause dis-ease in the body as a direct consequence of the way that the kidneys seem to have to function to ensure that the blood pH is alkaline enough to facilitate the gas exchanges involved in the breathing process.

The following is based on my own understandings.

Should you study texts on this topic I hope you are more successful than I have been, for while I found some information relating to alkaline buffers and how they are used to neutralize acidity - there was no clear information about how alkaline buffers are replenished once they have been expended.

Actually there is little need to understand anything of the several mechanisms by which the blood pH is regulated, save these two.

1) An alkaline atom combined with a bicarbonate makes an alkaline buffer. Alkaline atoms are of limited availability especially when convenience type foods are eaten. Other alkaline atoms can be withdrawn from bones and tissues - some texts say there are "reserves" but I have yet to be convinced that any reserves exist. That bones quite regularly become porous suggests that the "reserves" are the imaginary concoctions of medics. The bicarbonates are apparently quite freely available in the blood stream.

2) Fats that are soluble (and they need to be soluble to pass through to the blood stream) can be made insoluble when they no longer can impact upon the pH of the blood stream. This is a convenient way to reduce the demand for alkaline buffers, and the fact that fats are known to accumulate in adipose tissues (I believe these are the fats of obesity) suggest that it is the too much acid vs. too little alkali that causes such fats to be accumulated.

So there may be atoms withdrawn from bones and tissues, and fats depositing out into adipose tissues when the person's diet does not supply sufficient alkalinity to neutralize the blood stream. Additionally, fats are likely to be poorly supplied.

I believe I have introduced sufficient alkaline foods into my diet to avoid further dis-ease in my body.

Are there any text books that explain all the above? I do not think there are any!

Phil

Have you tried writing to Dr. Young--the author of The PH Miracle and other PH books? He has a web site--perhaps you could contact him through there.

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

Are there any text books that explain all the above? I do not think there are any!