showing progress.

Debbie Abby's mom DOCGrad

MI

> I was reading some of the earlier messages posted. I found one of

the

> moms had this problem too. Her son was treated with anit-fungal

> medications but it turned out to be a bad case of skin flakes. SHe

> suggested to put on mineral oil and scrub off flakes. Then shampoo

> before putting helmet back on. I hope this will work for us!

> did start wearing his helmet when the weather here in texas was

sooo

> hot. We cleaned the helmet as instructed everyday with alcohol, and

I

> can't believe he developed this problem though. He does have

> sensitive skin which could have been a factor too. I will give this

a

> try tomorrow!

>

> Amy

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the group. I searched in the internet for scalp fungus, it

pulled up a lot of information. The only thing is though, it would

help if you knew what type of fungus. I never knew there were so

many diff types. My baby was treated for a bacterial infection (on

her scalp) while she was banded. She wasn't allowed to wear her band

and she had to be casted for a new one. She was on oral antibiotics

to treat it. Once it cleared up and she was in her new band it never

happened again.

Please keep us posted.

> I was reading some of the earlier messages posted. I found one of

the

> moms had this problem too. Her son was treated with anit-fungal

> medications but it turned out to be a bad case of skin flakes. SHe

> suggested to put on mineral oil and scrub off flakes. Then shampoo

> before putting helmet back on. I hope this will work for us!

> did start wearing his helmet when the weather here in texas was

sooo

> hot. We cleaned the helmet as instructed everyday with alcohol, and

I

> can't believe he developed this problem though. He does have

> sensitive skin which could have been a factor too. I will give this

a

> try tomorrow!

>

> Amy

Hi Amy,

My son had terrible cradle cap and eczema from 3 months to 6 months, but this was before he got his band. It got so bad and infected at one point he had to go on an antibiotic. Our ped told us to use Head and Shoulders shampoo on his hair and Dove soap on his body (as opposed to the regular baby products). We ended up having to use 2% hydrocortisone (from an Rx) to clear up the eczema and cradle cap. We also used a vaporizer in his room at night to add humidity to the air. He's been pretty good since he has been in his helmet, but I worry now that winter and the drier air is coming. I've already noticed a few eczema spots returning.

Good luck and I hope you get 's skin conditions under control. I know how difficult and frustrating it can be!

/DOC/10-7-03 @10mos./PA

> I was reading some of the earlier messages posted. I found one of the > moms had this problem too. Her son was treated with anit-fungal > medications but it turned out to be a bad case of skin flakes. SHe > suggested to put on mineral oil and scrub off flakes. Then shampoo > before putting helmet back on. I hope this will work for us! > did start wearing his helmet when the weather here in texas was sooo > hot. We cleaned the helmet as instructed everyday with alcohol, and I > can't believe he developed this problem though. He does have > sensitive skin which could have been a factor too. I will give this a > try tomorrow!> > Amy

For more plagio info

• 4 years later...

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on using the MMS topically for my scalp issues and if so how I might go about that.

Right now, I am going to try to use the perscription shampoo my doctor gave me. But I thought maybe the MMS topically could work too.

For your gum problem, how did you apply or use the MMS product and for how long?

Re: [ ] Scalp problems

Hmmm. Dunno. I guess I would try 6 drops MMS (then add acid, wait 3 minutes, add water) because for the tooth problems Jim recommends 6 drops. So I'd try that, as I know that works. Cured my gum infection that way, so it seems that it would be strong enough for a scalp problem.

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

How many drops would you use?

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.2/1142 - Release Date: 11/20/2007 5:44 PM

Jim says in his book that in one week of use the gums stop bleeding, in 2 weeks the teeth tighten up and in 3 weeks no mouth problems left at all.

I have a loose tooth--the last right lower molar. It is loose because of bone loss, which MMS, naturally, will not help rebuild bone, so now I am using other things to do that. Anyway--I had pain for over 3 months, some days not bad at all and others days so bad I could barely stand it. I thought it was from the nerve, that because the tooth was loose, when it moved it would allow air inside the gum and start making the pain really bad. I had just finally decided to go and have the tooth pulled (I didn't want to do that because that leaves nothing to support the upper molar, so that would later go bad also) when I read about MMS. I sent for a bottle and started using it as stated in Jim's book.

The first day I rinsed with it, nothing seemed to happen, but by the next morning the pain was cut in half. So I rinsed that second morning. Again--no change throughout the day, but by the next morning (the third morning of taking AMMS) the pain was gone! Which then tells me that it had nothing at all to do with nerves and everything to do with infection. So it cleared up a 3 month infection in only 3 days.

The protocol I used was from the book. Six drops MMS, and at that time I activated with white vinegar as that was all I had in the house. I now use citric acid for everything. I waited 3 minutes and then added about 3/4 cup water to cut the acid taste. First I would dip my brush into this and brush my teeth on all sides, taking care to get every spot covered. In between I would rinse the brush in plain water, then redip to brush another area. Once everything was brushed I took a mouthful of the leftover AMMS and rinsed my mouth, really swishing it around, tilting my head to the right so as to really get the AMMS all around that tooth. I spit it out, rinsed my mouth with plain water, and continued with mouthfuls of the AMMS and plain water until all the AMMS was used up.

I got sidetracked with buying a barrel of sodium chlorite, selling the kits, finding out about citric acid, etc so I stopped brushing my teeth with it. Moved my bottle of MMS into the kitchen so I can make up AMMS for everyone in the house, including all my pets. But I miss how brushing with AMMS made my mouth feel--my teeth felt so super clean! So I've recently made up another bottle of MMS to keep in the bathroom, along with a small bottle of citric acid to use as the mixer. Have started brushing daily with the AMMS again.

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

For your gum problem, how did you apply or use the MMS product and for how long?