RemedySpot.com

abstraction from an article by Dr Heselink MD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

To see this article in it's entirety complete with references, visit:

http://bioredox.mysite.com/CLOXhtml/CLOXprnt+refs.htm

http://bioredox.mysite.com/CLOXhtml/CLOXilus.htm..

by Lee Hesselink, MD

TARGETING IRON

While most available literature refers to redox imbalances causing depletion of

necessary

thiols. Other mechanisms of toxicity of the oxides of chlorine against Plasmodia

should

also be considered. Oxides of chlorine are generally rapidly reactive with

ferrous iron (Fe+

+) converting it to ferric (Fe+++). [62a-62d] This explains why in cases of

overdosed

exposures to oxides of chlorine such as sodium chlorite (NaClO2) there was a

notable rise

in methemoglobin levels. [63a,63b] Methemoglobin is a metabolically inactive

form of

hemoglobin in which its ferrous iron (Fe++) cofactor has been oxidized to ferric

(Fe+++).

In living things including parasites iron is a necessary cofactor for many

enzymes.

[64a-64f] Thus it is reasonable to expect that any damage to Plasmodia caused by

oxides

of chlorine is compounded by conversion of ferrous (Fe++) cofactors to ferric

(Fe++) or

other alterations of iron compounds. [65a-65g] Superoxide dismutase (SOD) inside

Plasmodial cells also utilizes iron in its active center. [66a-66m] Chlorine

dioxide also

oxidizes manganese. [67a]

TARGETING PROTEINS

Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is highly reactive with thiols, phenols, secondary

amines and

tertiary amines. Therefore, proteins composed of amino acids which present these

reactive

groups are vulnerable to oxidation by this agent. Proteins which present

residue(s) of the

amino acid L-cysteine are discussed above under TARGETING THIOLS. L-tyrosine

presents

a phenol group and is therefore similarly vulnerable. L-tryptophan and

L-histidine present

secondary amino groups which are also especially reactive with chlorine dioxide.

[78a-78d] SAFETY ISSUES

A remaining concern is safety. So far, at least anecdotally, the dosages of

chlorine oxides

as administered orally per Jim Humble's protocol have produced no definite

toxicity. Some

have taken this as often as 1 to 3 times weekly and on the surface seem to

suffer no ill

effects. To be certain if this is safe more research is warranted for such long

term or

repeated use. The concern is that too much or too frequent administration of

oxidants

could excessively deplete the body's reductants and promote oxidative stress.

One useful

way to monitor this may be to periodically check methemoglobin levels in

frequent users.

Sodium chlorite, as found in municipal water supplies after disinfection by

chorine

dioxide, has been studied and proven safe. [79a-79i] Animal studies using much

higher

oral or topical doses have proven relatively safe. [80a-80p] In a suicide

attempt 10g of

sodium chlorite taken orally caused nearly fatal kidney failure and refractory

methemoglobinemia. [81a] Inhalation or aerosol exposure to chlorine dioxide gas

is highly

irritating and generally not recommended. [82a-82g] Special precautions must be

employed in cases of glucose-6- phosphate-dehydrogenase deficiency disease, as

these

patients are especially sensitive to oxidants of all kinds. [83a-83g]

Nevertheless, oral

acidified sodium chlorite solutions might even be found safe [84a,84b] and

effective in

them, but probably will need to be administered at lower doses. MORE RESEARCH

It is hoped that this overview will spark a flurry of interest, and stimulate

more research

into the use of acidified sodium chlorite in the treatment of malaria. The above

appreciated observations need to be proven more rigorously and published [85a].

The

biochemistry most likely involved suggests that other members of the phylum

Apicomplexa should also be sensitive to this treatment. [86a] This phylum

includes:

Plasmodium, Babesia, Toxoplasma [87a], Cryptosporidium [88a], Eimeria,

Theileria,

Sarcocystis, Cyclospora, Isospora and Neospora. These pathogens are responsible

for

widespread diseases in humans, pets and cattle. Other thiol dependent parasites

should

also be susceptible to acidified sodium chlorite. For example Trypanosoma and

Leishmania extensively utilize and cannot survive without the cofactor known as

trypanothione. Each molecule of trypanothione presents 2 sulfur atoms and 5

secondary

amino groups all of which are vulnerable to oxidative destruction from chlorine

dioxide

(ClO2). [89a-89p]

Chlorine dioxide has been proven to be cidal to almost all known infectious

agents in vitro

using remarkably low concentrations. This includes parasites, fungi, bacteria

and viruses.

The experiences noted above imply that this compound is tolerable orally at

effective

concentrations. [90a,90b] Therefore extensive research is warranted to determine

if

acidified sodium chlorite is effective in treating other infections. We may be

on the verge

of discovering the most potent and broad spectrum antimicrobial agent yet known.

Special

thanks go to Jim Humble for his willingness to share his discovery with the

world.

FWIW, I had the worst case of diareah 2 days ago, at 10 drops, 3 x a day, and the next day unusual fatigue. Came home, took 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses, and 1/4 cup fulvic minerals, -took my third dose of the day later on,. went to bed and feel back to normal this morning.

[ ] abstraction from an article by Dr Heselink MD

To see this article in it's entirety complete with references, visit:http://bioredox. mysite.com/ CLOXhtml/ CLOXprnt+ refs.htmhttp://bioredox. mysite.com/ CLOXhtml/ CLOXilus. htm..by Lee Hesselink, MDTARGETING IRONWhile most available literature refers to redox imbalances causing depletion of necessary thiols. Other mechanisms of toxicity of the oxides of chlorine against Plasmodia should also be considered. Oxides of chlorine are generally rapidly reactive with ferrous iron (Fe++) converting it to ferric (Fe+++). [62a-62d] This explains why in cases of overdosed exposures to oxides of chlorine such as sodium chlorite (NaClO2) there was a notable rise in methemoglobin levels. [63a,63b] Methemoglobin is a metabolically

inactive form of hemoglobin in which its ferrous iron (Fe++) cofactor has been oxidized to ferric (Fe+++). In living things including parasites iron is a necessary cofactor for many enzymes. [64a-64f] Thus it is reasonable to expect that any damage to Plasmodia caused by oxides of chlorine is compounded by conversion of ferrous (Fe++) cofactors to ferric (Fe++) or other alterations of iron compounds. [65a-65g] Superoxide dismutase (SOD) inside Plasmodial cells also utilizes iron in its active center. [66a-66m] Chlorine dioxide also oxidizes manganese. [67a]TARGETING PROTEINSChlorine dioxide (ClO2) is highly reactive with thiols, phenols, secondary amines and tertiary amines. Therefore, proteins composed of amino acids which present these reactive groups are vulnerable to oxidation by this agent. Proteins which present residue(s) of the amino acid L-cysteine are discussed above under TARGETING THIOLS.

L-tyrosine presents a phenol group and is therefore similarly vulnerable. L-tryptophan and L-histidine present secondary amino groups which are also especially reactive with chlorine dioxide. [78a-78d] SAFETY ISSUESA remaining concern is safety. So far, at least anecdotally, the dosages of chlorine oxides as administered orally per Jim Humble's protocol have produced no definite toxicity. Some have taken this as often as 1 to 3 times weekly and on the surface seem to suffer no ill effects. To be certain if this is safe more research is warranted for such long term or repeated use. The concern is that too much or too frequent administration of oxidants could excessively deplete the body's reductants and promote oxidative stress. One useful way to monitor this may be to periodically check methemoglobin levels in frequent users. Sodium chlorite, as found in municipal water supplies after disinfection by chorine

dioxide, has been studied and proven safe. [79a-79i] Animal studies using much higher oral or topical doses have proven relatively safe. [80a-80p] In a suicide attempt 10g of sodium chlorite taken orally caused nearly fatal kidney failure and refractory methemoglobinemia. [81a] Inhalation or aerosol exposure to chlorine dioxide gas is highly irritating and generally not recommended. [82a-82g] Special precautions must be employed in cases of glucose-6- phosphate-dehydroge nase deficiency disease, as these patients are especially sensitive to oxidants of all kinds. [83a-83g] Nevertheless, oral acidified sodium chlorite solutions might even be found safe [84a,84b] and effective in them, but probably will need to be administered at lower doses. MORE RESEARCHIt is hoped that this overview will spark a flurry of interest, and stimulate more research into the use of acidified sodium chlorite in the treatment of

malaria. The above appreciated observations need to be proven more rigorously and published [85a]. The biochemistry most likely involved suggests that other members of the phylum Apicomplexa should also be sensitive to this treatment. [86a] This phylum includes: Plasmodium, Babesia, Toxoplasma [87a], Cryptosporidium [88a], Eimeria, Theileria, Sarcocystis, Cyclospora, Isospora and Neospora. These pathogens are responsible for widespread diseases in humans, pets and cattle. Other thiol dependent parasites should also be susceptible to acidified sodium chlorite. For example Trypanosoma and Leishmania extensively utilize and cannot survive without the cofactor known as trypanothione. Each molecule of trypanothione presents 2 sulfur atoms and 5 secondary amino groups all of which are vulnerable to oxidative destruction from chlorine dioxide (ClO2). [89a-89p]Chlorine dioxide has been proven to be cidal to almost

all known infectious agents in vitro using remarkably low concentrations. This includes parasites, fungi, bacteria and viruses. The experiences noted above imply that this compound is tolerable orally at effective concentrations. [90a,90b] Therefore extensive research is warranted to determine if acidified sodium chlorite is effective in treating other infections. We may be on the verge of discovering the most potent and broad spectrum antimicrobial agent yet known. Special thanks go to Jim Humble for his willingness to share his discovery with the world.

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

I've had days where I feel tired and nauseated too. Those days I just slow down on the drops til I feel better, which doesn't take very long, maybe 4-8 hours.

Yesterday I managed 3 doses once again, 2 of 15, and then one of 16. I was actually thinking about just doing 2 doses for awhile, but then something said, hey, go ahead and take the third dose, it will be fine. Then I was thinking about splitting the last dose with my hubby, but he was so asleep I just said, Cheers, and drank the whole thing.

I slept all night, woke up thirsty. I'm fine. I'm feeling good. No trotskies.

Face it, we're just a bunch of kooks bleaching our insides. Really can't be any worse than drinking municipal water by the gallon.

And we are doing research on ourselves and telling others about the results.

So if we're concerned about this practice of medicine, we could delete the archives and make sure all future posts don't have any advice.

We can say, ok, This is what I do, I'm not recommending that anyone else do it. And then say what I would do for myself.

Kathy