RemedySpot.com

Re: Doggie cramps

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I suppose dogs need magnesium just like people? Mag always helps with muscle cramps. I give 6 drops to each of my 3 dogs who are between 45-50 pounds, every day. Have never had any side effects, not even soft stools.

I can't see how the MMS would have caused her muscle spasm unless there was some virus hidden there? Had she ever had an accident involving her leg? I guess the only way you can tell--and it's hard to experiment on our pets--is to wait until all the spasms are gone, wait another couple days to make sure, then start back on the MMS and see if it happens again. Sigh there's just so much we don't know about MMS and sadly there's no pat answers.

Oh, has there been a change in weather recently? My older dogs get arthritis when the weather changes. Any change in her food habits?

Good luck.

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

I'm massaging it when she will let me, but I can tell she is in pain.

Have any thought or suggestions? Any supplements? We gave her some extra calcium....

Well, this is the leg that she damaged doing her herding in the back yard a few years ago.

I did put mag into her food once, what a mess! soft stools everywhere. I used a cal/mag supplement to make her food that was 1/2 each instead of 1 part mag to 2 parts calcium.

I put the rest into a bigger container of straight calcium and diluted it, so I could use it up.

She is very hypochandriac too. She tends to get lame when she is upset. Never had it last 3 days, though. We found her at a trail head and she is terrified of boots, esp. cowboy boots. She will bite anyone who stomps their feet, so we are certain someone mistreated her and she ran away from home. She had been there maybe three weeks, was pretty thin, 27 pounds, her normal weight is 42. It was years before she would go outside without being afraid we would kick her. She tried to bolt several times, and lept over a 6 foot fence twice. People were no good. If I raise my voice she scurries to the basement and hides behind the couch.

We are giving her chicken broth and rubbing her leg, and we'll hopefully see improvement.

But she loves us now, after all this time, we've had her for 9 years now.

It is almost snowing here.

Getting colder!

Thanks! I can add some mag to her dinner and see if that helps. I don't think she'll go the the blueberry cal/mag. But let me try.... ;-)

Kathy

Has the dog blown out a crusiate tendon? My dog has

blown out both back legs at one time or another. If

you don't have surgery on it, it eventually becomes

arthritic. I use Chondroiton and Glucosomine on my

lab and it does seem to help. I agree with

though especially in light of the discussion about the

potential for MMS to deplete minerals. It seems that

many of the symptoms discussed in some of the most

recent posts concerning tachycardia and muscle cramps

sure makes me think of Magnesium deficiency.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites.

Make your homepage.

http://www./r/hs

I've been quiet here since my scary MMS experience in early Oct, but I had to reply to this---------Kathy, I'm looking at a picture of my *identical* Border Collie! Even the markings are the same.

My Kellie will be 13 in Feb and was just dxed with leukemia. I've been debating with myself over giving her the AMMS. Now that I've read your results, I think I'm going to err on the side of "do no harm", since Kellie's hind quarters have gotten very weak.

Thank you very much for posting your experience with your border!

Sharon/starshar

RE: [ ] Doggie cramps

What a sweetheart!!!! She's so lucky she has you. I can't believe people sometime, how they can treat animals. Sigh

Well, if the mag in her food bothers her you might try putting a mag oil on externally--like on her belly. There's usually a small spot at least where there isn't any hair. Many people have much better luck taking mag externally via the oil rather than ingesting it.

I would tend to think that the reaction with the leg is more from something healing inside--but again, the only way to know for sure is to stop the MMS, wait, then start it again and note reactions.

Please keep us posted. She's such a beauty.

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

Well, this is the leg that she damaged doing her herding in the back yard a few years ago.

I did put mag into her food once, what a mess! soft stools everywhere. I used a cal/mag supplement to make her food that was 1/2 each instead of 1 part mag to 2 parts calcium.

Shanti took to the blueberry flavored cal mag and licked it right up. I'll give her 2 doses a day and see how that helps, thanks

I don't know where the cruciate tendon is. OK, looked it up, no, she doesn't seem to scream at all when I touch it or move the knee, it seems to be the muscle that hooks the knee to the hip. It has a small spot that is bunched up, like muscles do when they cramp. I think she is slowly getting better. She gets SOD and Joint Support (glucosamine and C, with minerals). She also get Taurine and L-Carnitine, zinc, kelp, spirulina, flax seed meal, cod liver oil, and lots of love.