RemedySpot.com

Essential Oils Expo

Rate this topic

Guest guest

....ah, but Carol Ann, the difference is simple. I am offering you a place where you can meet vendors and talk to them, check out their websites and products and prices, get to know their characters, and see how they treat other people, so you can decide if you want to do business with them. An Expo. I'm not one of the vendors. I'm not trying to get customers for myself. You see, the biggest question GY and YL left me with when I wanted to go elsewhere is, where the heck can I go and still get good oil? What a better place to start than a place where lots of oil vendors hang out and chat amongst themselves???? ;-) That's where I started, someone on the Joy List told me about Oils and Herbs and off I went. An E-expo, LOL.

I spent 2 years there list before I found a vendor I felt comfortable buying from, all the while still buying YL oils. And did I give those vendors grief! I drove them nuts with questions about purity and GY, and YL, and they gave me information, and I felt their anger at being treated like frauds by YL and GY. He acts as if he has the only true and pure oils on the face of the earth that God is pleased with, and he doesn't!! Interestingly, some of them actually charged as much as YL!!! Others were as little as 1/6 the prices, but I wondered about the quality. So I did my homework and settled on a vendor, and I'm happy.

(I tried buying some oils from a former YL distributor I met on the Joy List. She was diluting big time! Possible she bought them diluted and didn't realize it.)

By the way, in 2002, Aura Cacia did not have good oil or a good reputation, since, they have since cleaned up their act. I haven't tried all their oils since then, but the ones I have tried are good.

I make my own Thieves. I also make many of the other blends. I have recipes, maybe from former employees. I have made Joy, Inner Child, Dream Catcher, RC, Melrose, etc. Valor is one of my favorites, it's mostly spruce. And since I used to be a distributor for 5 years, like Kami is, and I guess you are, Carol Ann and Sharon, I bought the entire Feelings Kit, twice, and most of the other blends, so I can compare. And I have a great nose, I could have been a Nose. (someone who makes a living smelling oils and fragrances)

Tea Tree Oil is great for dispensing in the car to eliminate exhaust and filter odors. So is about any oil, if you like it. I keep a little sachet of lavender in my car. The lavender is old, but I put the sachet in the vent, and drop a few drops of oil on it, and instantly eliminate the exhaust that snuck in. I generally keep the recirculate setting on and diffuse.

One thing I have found: The more expensive the oil, the more likely it's going to be sold diluted with something. Even YL got caught doing that back in 2003. In fact, the entire Feelings Kit did not say the oils were diluted until after the vendors on that other list got after them. Then suddenly, they changed the labels and added the disclosure of carrier oils in their diluted bottles, which was most of the Feelings Kit. Although, they never did tell people just how diluted. My vendor tells his customers exactly how diluted his rose oil is. Since rose oil is one of the most expensive oils, and a drop can fragrance an entire room, it is often diluted for reasons beyond vendor profit: Losing a drop of pure rose oil to the floor is costly at over a dollar a drop! Never buy a bottle without a drop dispenser.

Kathy