RemedySpot.com

Re: [SPAM]RE: Doggie cramps

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Beautiful dog!

--G.

[sPAM]RE: [ ] Doggie cramps

Well, this is the leg that she damaged doing her herding in the back yard a few years ago.

I did put mag into her food once, what a mess! soft stools everywhere. I used a cal/mag supplement to make her food that was 1/2 each instead of 1 part mag to 2 parts calcium.

I put the rest into a bigger container of straight calcium and diluted it, so I could use it up.

She is very hypochandriac too. She tends to get lame when she is upset. Never had it last 3 days, though. We found her at a trail head and she is terrified of boots, esp. cowboy boots. She will bite anyone who stomps their feet, so we are certain someone mistreated her and she ran away from home. She had been there maybe three weeks, was pretty thin, 27 pounds, her normal weight is 42. It was years before she would go outside without being afraid we would kick her. She tried to bolt several times, and lept over a 6 foot fence twice. People were no good. If I raise my voice she scurries to the basement and hides behind the couch.

We are giving her chicken broth and rubbing her leg, and we'll hopefully see improvement.

But she loves us now, after all this time, we've had her for 9 years now.

It is almost snowing here.

Getting colder!

Thanks! I can add some mag to her dinner and see if that helps. I don't think she'll go the the blueberry cal/mag. But let me try.... ;-)

Kathy