RemedySpot.com

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

'Tis the Morning of Christmas ,

And all through the house.

Not a thing is stirring

Except for me, of course.

From Hong Kong, I wish you all a wonderful and blessed Christmas Day.

" Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Cheers, Doug

Who Was St. ?

By Lynn Bushong

1 Nearly everyone has heard of Santa Claus with his gifts and

Christmas

Eve sleigh ride. It's a magical story that has captured the

imaginations of

people all around the world. Have you ever wondered who the original

Santa

was?

2 The legend of Santa Claus actually begins in the country of Turkey

in

the Middle East in the third century A.D. It all started with a man

named

3 came from a wealthy family in the town of Patara. His

parents

raised him to be a kind and generous man. When he was grown, he used

all of

his inheritance to help the poor, the sick, and those who were

suffering. As

a result of his actions and beliefs, he was still a young man when he

was

made Bishop of Myra.

4 The Roman Emperor, Diocletian, hated Christians and did everything

he

could to stop them from practicing their faith. He put so many church

leaders in the prisons that there was almost no room for thieves and

murderers.

5 was imprisoned but was later released after Constantine

became emperor of Rome. Then in A.D. 325, Constantine called the first

Council of Nicea. This was where many of the church's leaders came

together

from all over for a big meeting. We know was a real person

because

his name was on several attendance lists for the council. He died on

December 6, A.D. 342 or 343.

6 Right after his death, legends began to spring up about him. At

least

one appears to be based on actual happenings.

7 The first of the legends involved three young women. In those days,

a

father had to offer a dowry for each daughter to get married. Young

men

expected to receive a valuable gift from a girl's father. If he could

not

pay it, she would probably never get married. The larger a girl's

dowry, the

better her chances of gaining a good husband.

8 Near ' home there was a poor man who had three d! aughters .

He

had no way to give them dowries. With no one to marry them, they might

be

forced to become slaves.

9 One night a bag of gold coins was tossed through the window of the

house into the older girl's shoes as they sat by the fireplace. The

money

became her dowry, and she was able to marry well. Later, the same

thing

happened for each of the younger daughters as well. This marked

as

a great giver of gifts.

10 Another story tells of how three children or students were killed

by

an evil man. dreamed of the crime while staying nearby and

raised

them from the dead. This showed to be the patron saint of

children.

11 used his money and influence to feed the hungry and to get

justice for the unjustly accused. His spirit of giving secretly,

expecting

nothing in return, marked him as a great man among his people.

12 It is no wonder that the person of of Myra is linked with

love, generosity, and the giving of gifts. St. Day honors the

life

of a man who loved to help others. Even after all these years, many

people

still celebrate his life and good works.

Courtesy of edhelper.com

Merry Christmas to all and God Bless you

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

.._,_.___

In a message dated 12/26/2007 6:58:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, bjoyful@... writes:

You are right. It's a gift I have always had. It was instilled by my parents. Other gifts are enough healthy food, opportunities to learn and grow, good health, good attitude, shelter, beauty in nature, friends, need to know the Truth and the most important, being in touch with Spirit. :-) Now these are not in any kind of an order. Love, Joy

Amen to that, Joy :D Im really glad that you and Michele and everyone had great days with loved ones : )

I wish I could say the same for us..lol, but much like everything else over the past 2 wks. Christmas was not so great.

Although, I personally had a great time being alone in the guest rm.upstairs with my parents, while my sister and her in laws' and their extended family were celebrating Christmas (with none of those important things in mind,as you mentioned,Joy)

downstairs. lol ugh, what can ya do?

JANEYMay the SPIRIT of Christmas bring you PEACEThe GLADNESS of Christmas give you HOPEThe WARMTH of Christmas grant you LOVESee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

In a message dated 12/26/2007 7:18:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, stompingelk@... writes:

WOW Michele,You can come and cook for me if life ever boresyou!!!!!

Agreed! lol

JANEYMay the SPIRIT of Christmas bring you PEACEThe GLADNESS of Christmas give you HOPEThe WARMTH of Christmas grant you LOVESee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Now you sound like you had a wonderful day, Michele! The food sounded delicious! And preparing food from scratch is very time consuming, but very healthy! Oh but the work!

We are having some abnormal weather here! It was 60 degrees here Christmas day, yet the day before is was lightly snowing! One day it will get up to 30 and the next day it will be 50 or 60. Very strange.

I, too, am glad it is over. I really need to get back on track!

Love, Joy

Re: [ ] Merry Christmas> > > thank you JOY!> > Hope you have a very Merry Christ-mas too, and A> HAPPY> and Healthy New Year!> > > PS (whisper) glad that christmas is almost over!> ")> > LUV> Michele> --- Joyce Hudson <bjoyful@...> wrote:> > > > > > > >____________________________________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Search. >http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> > >

In a message dated 12/26/2007 8:13:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, bjoyful@... writes:

Say prayers, know that they are on their own path (I have to be reminded sometimes) and in some life they will wake up. Recognize they are God's children too! And if they are happy, Bless them. I have to keep doing all of these with my own blood sister. She's in a totally different world than the rest of us. But she is doing what she wants and at times she's happy.

Sounds like our sisters may have a lot in common. I do pray for them,and will continue to ; )

God wants us happy. But it is difficult when you know their world is so small, centered around their own selves.

You nailed it right on the head, I totally agree.

But especially be Thankful, you are you, and you are on the Spiritual path! :-) Love you Janey, just for you! Joy

I definitely am,THANKFUL I am Me!!! Much Love for you Joy!

~Many Blessings~

JaneyI am your truth,I am your destinyI am desire and despairI am your glow inside your beating heartI am the LOVE that leads you thereI am your SOULSee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

You are right. It's a gift I have always had. It was instilled by my parents. Other gifts are enough healthy food, opportunities to learn and grow, good health, good attitude, shelter, beauty in nature, friends, need to know the Truth and the most important, being in touch with Spirit. :-) Now these are not in any kind of an order. Love, Joy

Re: [ ] Merry Christmas> > > thank you JOY!> > Hope you have a very Merry Christ-mas too, and A> HAPPY> and Healthy New Year!> > > PS (whisper) glad that christmas is almost over!> ")> > LUV> Michele> --- Joyce Hudson <bjoyful@...> wrote:> > > > > > > >____________________________________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Search. >http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> > >

Say prayers, know that they are on their own path (I have to be reminded sometimes) and in some life they will wake up. Recognize they are God's children too! And if they are happy, Bless them. I have to keep doing all of these with my own blood sister. She's in a totally different world than the rest of us. But she is doing what she wants and at times she's happy. God wants us happy. But it is difficult when you know their world is so small, centered around their own selves.

But especially be Thankful, you are you, and you are on the Spiritual path! :-) Love you Janey, just for you! Joy

Re: [ ] Merry Christmas

In a message dated 12/26/2007 6:58:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, bjoyful@... writes:

Amen to that, Joy :D Im really glad that you and Michele and everyone had great days with loved ones : )

I wish I could say the same for us..lol, but much like everything else over the past 2 wks. Christmas was not so great.

Although, I personally had a great time being alone in the guest rm.upstairs with my parents, while my sister and her in laws' and their extended family were celebrating Christmas (with none of those important things in mind,as you mentioned,Joy)

downstairs. lol ugh, what can ya do?

JANEYMay the SPIRIT of Christmas bring you PEACEThe GLADNESS of Christmas give you HOPEThe WARMTH of Christmas grant you LOVE

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.