RemedySpot.com

Re: MMS & Kombucha?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

if its high in antioxdnats i might not.....

On 12/19/07, ~Miska~ <skadarlija@...> wrote:

Hello all,I've been using MMS for almost two weeks, 11 drops twice a day at the moment. At one point I reached 13, but didn't feel too good. No D or V, just uncomfort, " brick in the tummy " and no appetite at all. And looser stools that I welcome - I've been constipated since I could remember! I'm quite good with weird tastes (loved fish oil as a kid!) and at the beginning wasn't bothered by smell/taste of MMS activated with citric acid and diluted with water only. Lately it started to make me gag... So, I figured mixing it with kombucha won't harm the good guys - since it's only fermented earl gray and green tea plus good yeast and bacteria.Any thoughts on this? I don't have any major illness, so don't have any very noticeable progress, but my skin (which is usually dry and flaky in the winter) is smooth and moist. Also, the wart I had on the bottom of my foot just peeled off. My candida which I considered to be under control with dieting (no carbs) and supplements is still under control but with less effort food-wise (I added back some carbs and pastry - my previous way of eating is making me gag or not eat at all at the moment). Thank you everybody for reporting your progress and experience. This group rocks!:)

On 12/19/07, Meredith W. <meredithbw@...> wrote:

if its high in antioxdnats i might not.....Well, I don't know it... that's why I asked you guys... I don't want to make it less effective. Mixing with fruit juice is not an option either - I can't drink anything that remotely tastes sweet. Can't stand it... :)

I thought of vegetable V8, but that probably has some vit. C... :(Haven't tried adding plain sea salt yet, but that crossed my mind as well.Thanks--

you said it has green tea in it so i wouls say yes....I had hoped that we coudl drink all tea since it was natutal occuring anti-oxidnats but I have been corrected.

On 12/19/07, ~Miska~ <skadarlija@...> wrote:

On 12/19/07, Meredith W. <meredithbw@...

> wrote:

Well, I don't know it... that's why I asked you guys... I don't want to make it less effective. Mixing with fruit juice is not an option either - I can't drink anything that remotely tastes sweet. Can't stand it... :) I thought of vegetable V8, but that probably has some vit. C... :(Haven't tried adding plain sea salt yet, but that crossed my mind as well. Thanks--

If you have a juicer or blender you can make your own veggie juice. Even a blender will yield a nice size glass of juice if you blend up a green pepper, celery, perhaps a bit of onion. Then you can dump in a bit of plain tomato juice to make your own V8, as someone before posted that V8 has C added.

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

Well, I don't know it... that's why I asked you guys... I don't want to make it less effective. Mixing with fruit juice is not an option either - I can't drink anything that remotely tastes sweet. Can't stand it... :) I thought of vegetable V8, but that probably has some vit. C... :(

Try plain tomato juice then. V8 has salt, sugar, and vitamin C added.

However, I would think that Kombocha would probably be fine.

(Basically alcohol, vinegar, B vitamins, tea, and, in your case,

bergamont)

Dan

> >

> > if its high in antioxdnats i might not.....

> >

>

>

> Well, I don't know it... that's why I asked you guys... I don't want

> to make it less effective.

> Mixing with fruit juice is not an option either - I can't drink

anything

> that remotely tastes sweet. Can't stand it... :)

> I thought of vegetable V8, but that probably has some vit. C... :(

> Haven't tried adding plain sea salt yet, but that crossed my mind

as well.

>

> Thanks

> --

>

tomato juice is very high in Vit C

On 12/19/07, bhangchai <Dan.Nave@...> wrote:

Try plain tomato juice then. V8 has salt, sugar, and vitamin C added.However, I would think that Kombocha would probably be fine. (Basically alcohol, vinegar, B vitamins, tea, and, in your case, bergamont)

Dan> >> > if its high in antioxdnats i might not.....> >> > > Well, I don't know it... that's why I asked you guys... I don't want

> to make it less effective.> Mixing with fruit juice is not an option either - I can't drink anything> that remotely tastes sweet. Can't stand it... :)> I thought of vegetable V8, but that probably has some vit. C... :(

> Haven't tried adding plain sea salt yet, but that crossed my mind as well.> > Thanks> -->

How is tomato juice okay??? - plain or not - ite very high in C - like drinkinking OJ. If its okay please tell me b/c I LOVE it....but it is really high in C

On 12/19/07, <gaiacita@...> wrote:

If you have a juicer or blender you can make your own veggie juice. Even a blender will yield a nice size glass of juice if you blend up a green pepper, celery, perhaps a bit of onion. Then you can dump in a bit of plain tomato juice to make your own V8, as someone before posted that V8 has C added.

Samala,

Well, I don't know it... that's why I asked you guys... I don't want to make it less effective. Mixing with fruit juice is not an option either - I can't drink anything that remotely tastes sweet. Can't stand it... :) I thought of vegetable V8, but that probably has some vit. C... :(

Well, it would be ok if I had remembered it had vit. C in it. :-{ sorry, just wasn't thinking. So you'd just have to leave out the tomato juice. Still, green pepper, onion, celery, water and salt--that's pretty good.

Samala,

How is tomato juice okay??? - plain or not - ite very high in C - like drinkinking OJ. If its okay please tell me b/c I LOVE it....but it is really high in C

I drink my green tea with kombucha (YOGI brand) right after I take my MMS and it does not lessen the effects. So I don't see why you could not mix it with it. Test it out. That is the only way you will know.

Susna

-- Re: [ ] MMS & Kombucha?

On 12/19/07, Meredith W. <meredithbw@...> wrote:

Well, I don't know it... that's why I asked you guys... I don't want to make it less effective. Mixing with fruit juice is not an option either - I can't drink anything that remotely tastes sweet. Can't stand it... :) I thought of vegetable V8, but that probably has some vit. C... :(Haven't tried adding plain sea salt yet, but that crossed my mind as well.Thanks--

Apparently, tomato juice is naturally high in vitamin C.

It would not be an appropriate choice to use with MMS.

See: http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/5000/5552.html

Dan

> >

> > If you have a juicer or blender you can make your own veggie

juice.

> > Even a blender will yield a nice size glass of juice if you blend

up a green

> > pepper, celery, perhaps a bit of onion. Then you can dump in a

bit of plain

> > tomato juice to make your own V8, as someone before posted that

V8 has C

> > added.

> >

> > Samala,

> >

> >

> > *-------Original Message-------*

> >

> >

> > Well, I don't know it... that's why I asked you guys... I don't

want to make it less effective.

> > Mixing with fruit juice is not an option either - I can't drink

anything

> > that remotely tastes sweet. Can't stand it... :)

> > I thought of vegetable V8, but that probably has some vit. C... :(

> >

> >

> >

>

If anyone is willing to take a look at this link: http://happyherbalist.com/analysis_of_kombucha.htm - there are different acids listed, but no mention of ascorbic one. Does it make it safe to use with MMS?

Sorry to bother you with my kombucha question, but it would be a great help.Too bad tomato juice is out... :(Yes, I do have a juicer, but also a small kitchen and a kombucha, kefir and sour cabbage factory! So, mu juicer sits in a closet... :)

Thanks again

Well, I'm no chemist so have no idea what all those acids are in the kombucha. ;-) But--for the juicer problem. If you have a few extra bucks left, or just want to buy yourself one really great, super useful Xmas gift, get The Magic Bullet. Many stores carry them now, I have seen them in our Kohl's, Target, and even Walgreens. My brother likes smoothies in the morning so 2 years ago we bought him one for Xmas because it looked pretty handy on TV. But I'm never sure about stuff on TV as usually they leave out important information--like, you'll never actually use this. :-) But, my brother ranted and raved so much about his gift that I bought one for us. And now I can't recommend it enough. It is so simple to use and super easy to clean up and takes up very little space.

It doesn't make clear juice, but it will grind up just about anything, like a blender does. So I can throw in an apple, a banana, berries, whatever, a bit of milk or water and have a smoothie in just 1 minute, and drink out of the same glass it is made in. A quick rinse of the blades under running water and you are done! I will throw in my vit. C tablets (of course for an MMS drink you'd leave this out) bee pollen, lecithin, coconut oil, flax seeds, and my brother throws in dry uncooked oatmeal flakes for cholesterol purposes. Anything and everything you can think of to add, you can. It really is magic.

They run about $50 now. Don't bother to pay the extra bucks and get the blender attachment--my kit at that time came with it and I have never used the blender. I have a blender that is much more powerful. But for a quick drink you simply cannot beat the Magic Bullet. Will do veggie juice too if you add water to get it going.

Samala,

Yes, I do have a juicer, but also a small kitchen and a kombucha, kefir and sour cabbage factory! So, mu juicer sits in a closet... :)

>

> If anyone is willing to take a look at this link:

> http://happyherbalist.com/analysis_of_kombucha.htm - there are

different

> acids listed, but no mention of ascorbic one. Does it make it safe to

use with MMS?

Miska,

I love my Kombucha and was concerned that I would have to give it up

while I take MMS. I sent Jim Humble an E-mail asking his opinion. He

thinks that the different acids in Kombucha wont be a problem. It will

not have the same effect as Asorbic acid. So enjoy your Kombucha!

Chad

Chad, thank you very much! That was what I wanted to hear! You made my day. :)Happy MMSing!Miska

I love my Kombucha and was concerned that I would have to give it upwhile I take MMS. I sent Jim Humble an E-mail asking his opinion. Hethinks that the different acids in Kombucha wont be a problem. It willnot have the same effect as Asorbic acid. So enjoy your Kombucha!

Chad

My first hunch is that Kombucha (yeast and bacteria) would be killed by the mms, and the mms would be made less effective. Maybe take them separately?

[ ] Re: MMS & Kombucha?

>> If anyone is willing to take a look at this link:> http://happyherbali st.com/analysis_ of_kombucha. htm - there are different> acids listed, but no mention of ascorbic one. Does it make it safe to use with MMS?Miska,I love my Kombucha and was concerned that I would have to give it upwhile I take MMS. I sent Jim Humble an E-mail asking his opinion. He thinks that the different acids in Kombucha wont be a problem. It will not have the same effect as Asorbic acid. So enjoy your

Kombucha!Chad

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Does the kombucha yogi tea really compare to homemade

kombucha or is it just a kombucha taste. I see it

does have extract, and dried culture...but is there

anything really left after being dried, processed etc?

Kayte

--- susan <ssiegel5@...> wrote:

> I drink my green tea with kombucha (YOGI brand)

> right after I take my MMS

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

I have no idea. I just like the taste. But I have wondered if the green tea part might counteract the MMS because of its anti-oxidant properties. But it does not seem too, to me anyway.

-- [ ] Re: MMS & Kombucha?

Does the kombucha yogi tea really compare to homemade

kombucha or is it just a kombucha taste. I see it

does have extract, and dried culture...but is there

anything really left after being dried, processed etc?

Kayte

--- susan <ssiegel5@...> wrote:

> I drink my green tea with kombucha (YOGI brand)

> right after I take my MMS

____________________________________________________________________________________

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search. http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping