RemedySpot.com

First Dose

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI Jim,

I will send you any e-mails regarding RA that I have saved.

Also, I think 9: or 9:30 might be good for the LDN. I don't know anything about the drugs that you are taking along with LDN.

My best

Aletha

[low dose naltrexone] First Dose

I posted the other day that I have rumitoid arthritis and have been off hydrocodone for 48hrs.although I was only taking it for 6 days. I started with 3mg.last night with no withdrawal symtoms.I'd like to know the best time to take my dose as I take Lunesta and Trazadone at 11pm and go to sleep at 11:30.My hope is to get some pain relief and a better overall felling of well being,Is this what LDN is for as I haven't heard this discussed.Thanks,Jim

Guest guest

Hi Jim,

Others are taking LDN to stop disease (eg multiple sclerosis)

progression.

May I ask how you learned of LDN?

Regards,

Cris

>

> I posted the other day that I have rumitoid arthritis and have been

off

> hydrocodone for 48hrs.although I was only taking it for 6 days.

>

> I started with 3mg.last night with no withdrawal symtoms.

> I'd like to know the best time to take my dose as I take Lunesta

and

> Trazadone at 11pm and go to sleep at 11:30.

> My hope is to get some pain relief and a better overall felling of

well

> being,Is this what LDN is for as I haven't heard this discussed.

> Thanks,

> Jim

>

Guest guest

;

>

> I posted the other day that I have rumitoid arthritis and have been

off

> hydrocodone for 48hrs.although I was only taking it for 6 days.

>

> I started with 3mg.last night with no withdrawal symtoms.

> I'd like to know the best time to take my dose as I take Lunesta

and

> My hope is to get some pain relief and a better overall felling of

well

> being,Is this what LDN is for as I haven't heard this discussed.

> Thanks,

> Jim

>

The recommended time to take LDN is 9:00PM-3:00AM.

LDN may or may not help with pain relief.

It's main purpose is to stop disease progression.

Guest guest

>

> I'd like to know the best time to take my dose as I take Lunesta and

> Thanks,

> Jim

>

================

I take my LDN at 9pm and don't go to bed until 10pm or later.

/Bren

• 7 months later...

Jenn, Welcome to the wonderful, healing world of LDN !! Keep us all posted here on your progress.Janet Kunselman AKA Grandma KunselmanRRMS 1994LDN May '07Jenn <jenn2612@...> wrote: I took the first dose (1.5 mg) last night at 9:00 p.m. and went to bed around 3:00 a.m. (up working late). I got up at 6:00 a.m., and one thing I can say is my legs feel great, and I feel very

rested—although, I only had 3 hours. I have mild leg cramping every once in a while. I have had this for years, and was not even sure it was MS related, but yesterday it was acting up. I point my toes and my calves kinda of “stick” for a moment. No pain, not bad—just annoying. When I got up this morning, it was like I have had rubberbands wrapped tightly around my legs and someone just came by and snipped them off. It’s a similar feeling to just having a massage. Just very relaxed and absolutely no tension or cramping with flexion. This is cool! Jenn No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.25/1118 - Release Date: 11/8/2007 9:29 AM __________________________________________________

Hi Jenn,

I took my 2nd dose last night, and didn't have the normal dramatic balance issues when I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I generally have to hold on to something when I get out of bed, then grab furniture all the way to the bathroom just to stay upright, but I was able to walk without assistance last night! This morning, I feel GREAT! WOW!

Hugs,

On 11/9/07, Jenn <jenn2612@...> wrote:

I took the first dose (1.5 mg) last night at 9:00 p.m. and went to bed around 3:00 a.m. (up working late).

I got up at 6:00 a.m., and one thing I can say is my legs feel great, and I feel very rested—although, I only had 3 hours. I have mild leg cramping every once in a while.

I have had this for years, and was not even sure it was MS related, but yesterday it was acting up. I point my toes and my calves kinda of "stick" for a moment. No pain, not bad—just annoying.

When I got up this morning, it was like I have had rubberbands wrapped tightly around my legs and someone just came by and snipped them off. It's a similar feeling to just having a massage.

Just very relaxed and absolutely no tension or cramping with flexion. This is cool!

Jenn

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.25/1118 - Release Date: 11/8/2007 9:29 AM

(((())))

How wonderful! I’m so thrilled for you!!

Jenn

From: low dose naltrexone [mailto:low dose naltrexone ] On Behalf Of Gibbons

Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007

7:28 AM

low dose naltrexone

Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone]

First dose

Hi Jenn,

I took my 2nd dose last night, and didn't have the normal dramatic

balance issues when I got up in the middle of the night to use the

restroom. I generally have to hold on to something when I get out of bed,

then grab furniture all the way to the bathroom just to stay upright, but I was

able to walk without assistance last night! This morning, I feel

GREAT! WOW!

Hugs,

On 11/9/07, Jenn

<jenn2612comcast (DOT) net>

wrote:

I

took the first dose (1.5 mg) last night at 9:00 p.m. and went to bed around

3:00 a.m. (up working late). I got up at 6:00 a.m., and one thing I can

say is my legs feel great, and I feel very rested—although, I only had 3

hours. I have mild leg cramping every once in a while. I have had

this for years, and was not even sure it was MS related, but yesterday it was

acting up. I point my toes and my calves kinda of " stick " for a

moment. No pain, not bad—just annoying. When I got up this morning,

it was like I have had rubberbands wrapped tightly around my legs and someone

just came by and snipped them off. It's a similar feeling to just having

a massage. Just very relaxed and absolutely no tension or cramping with

flexion. This is cool!

Jenn

No virus

found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.25/1118 - Release Date: 11/8/2007

9:29 AM

No virus found in this incoming message.

Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.25/1118 - Release Date: 11/8/2007 9:29 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.25/1118 - Release Date: 11/8/2007 9:29 AM

Hi that is brill news 3 cheers for ldn. Clare, Cork City Ireland.

Re: [low dose naltrexone] First dose

Hi Jenn,

I took my 2nd dose last night, and didn't have the normal dramatic balance issues when I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I generally have to hold on to something when I get out of bed, then grab furniture all the way to the bathroom just to stay upright, but I was able to walk without assistance last night! This morning, I feel GREAT! WOW!

Hugs,

On 11/9/07, Jenn <jenn2612comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

I took the first dose (1.5 mg) last night at 9:00 p.m. and went to bed around 3:00 a.m. (up working late). I got up at 6:00 a.m., and one thing I can say is my legs feel great, and I feel very rested—although, I only had 3 hours. I have mild leg cramping every once in a while. I have had this for years, and was not even sure it was MS related, but yesterday it was acting up. I point my toes and my calves kinda of "stick" for a moment. No pain, not bad—just annoying. When I got up this morning, it was like I have had rubberbands wrapped tightly around my legs and someone just came by and snipped them off. It's a similar feeling to just having a massage. Just very relaxed and absolutely no tension or cramping with flexion. This is cool!

Jenn

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.25/1118 - Release Date: 11/8/2007 9:29 AM

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.24/1115 - Release Date: 07/11/2007 09:21

• 1 month later...

Tonight I plan to take my first dose MMS - 1 drop.

Per Global Light, and Jim's second book, the recommendation is 1 drop

MMS to 5 drops lime, lemon or citric acid. However, in the the first

book he recommends 2 drops MMS to 2 to 3 teaspoons of the activator,

which seems like more than a 1 to 5 ratio even considering the extra

MMS drop.

Any thoughts/suggestions on which of these to follow?

Thanks,

Ballady

Use the 5 to 1 ratio. The other ratio may be from where he says that if you use an eye dropper it can be up to 8 to 1 ratio. Most people just use the 5 to 1. If you use citric acid, it will give a stronger AMMS solution than using either juice or vinegar.

Start with 1 drop. Most people can tolerate 2 drops just starting out, but some can't. My Dad couldn't. If you are at all leery, start with 1. If that doesn't bother you, you can always add another drop tomorrow.

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

MMS drop.

Just how much of a difference in strength will citric acid vs lemon juice make? I have so far, used only lemon juice, at about ten drops per 1 mms, and I have gotten good results, and even having taken too much, too fast. The lemon juice seems very strong to me. Am I shortchanging my efforts?

Re: [ ] First Dose

Use the 5 to 1 ratio. The other ratio may be from where he says that if you use an eye dropper it can be up to 8 to 1 ratio. Most people just use the 5 to 1. If you use citric acid, it will give a stronger AMMS solution than using either juice or vinegar.

Start with 1 drop. Most people can tolerate 2 drops just starting out, but some can't. My Dad couldn't. If you are at all leery, start with 1. If that doesn't bother you, you can always add another drop tomorrow.

Samala,

-------Original Message----- --

MMS drop.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

If you are using 10 drops lemon juice to 1 drop MMS you are doing pretty good. The 5 to 1 ratio is what I use. Citric acid gives a stronger effect, I think, simply because it's concentrated lemon juice. But if you are using 10 drops of lemon juice that's pretty strong, so I believe you are probably doing fine. And--so long as you get results--you are doing it right. :-)

Samala,

Just how much of a difference in strength will citric acid vs lemon juice make? I have so far, used only lemon juice, at about ten drops per 1 mms, and I have gotten good results, and even having taken too much, too fast. The lemon juice seems very strong to me. Am I shortchanging my efforts?

Hi ,

I use the 5 to 1 ratio. I use white vinegar. I tried the citric acid, and it was really horrid. I can drink the white vinegar OK, but the citric acid is really awful, IMHO. Yes, I would agree that it's stronger. Maybe that's why I can tolerate 15 drops fairly quickly, though I did OK with no herxing when I tried the citric acid. But I did think it was stronger. However, I'll stick to the white vinegar, as it's reliable and not so much trouble as lemon or lime juice, which I might really prefer, or than the citric acid which is really dreadful, as I've mentioned. . . :-(

Anyway, for people who have trouble with it, maybe a different mixer would be just the thing! :-)

--G.

[sPAM]Re: [ ] First Dose

Samala,

MMS drop.

Tovell wrote:

Hi ,

I use the 5 to 1 ratio. I use white

vinegar. I tried the citric acid, and it was really horrid. I can

drink the white vinegar OK, but the citric acid is really awful, IMHO.

Yes, I would agree that it's stronger. Maybe that's why I can tolerate

15 drops fairly quickly, though I did OK with no herxing when I tried

the citric acid. But I did think it was stronger. However, I'll stick

to the white vinegar, as it's reliable and not so much trouble as lemon

or lime juice, which I might really prefer, or than the citric acid

which is really dreadful, as I've mentioned. . . :-(

I'm happy with either the 10% citric acid solution or lemon juice, but

it seems that it's easier to suggest to people just starting it to get

one of those plastic squeeze lemon juice containers, which dispense

drops, albeit much bigger than the MMS bottle's drops. But if lemon

juice is really weaker than the citric acid solution, this is probably

just fine, and all they have to do is drop by the supermarket (no pun

intended).

I'll bet it tastes better! :-) Good idea!

[sPAM]Re: [ ] First Dose

Tovell wrote:

Hi ,

I use the 5 to 1 ratio. I use white vinegar. I tried the citric acid, and it was really horrid. I can drink the white vinegar OK, but the citric acid is really awful, IMHO. Yes, I would agree that it's stronger. Maybe that's why I can tolerate 15 drops fairly quickly, though I did OK with no herxing when I tried the citric acid. But I did think it was stronger. However, I'll stick to the white vinegar, as it's reliable and not so much trouble as lemon or lime juice, which I might really prefer, or than the citric acid which is really dreadful, as I've mentioned. . . :-(I'm happy with either the 10% citric acid solution or lemon juice, but it seems that it's easier to suggest to people just starting it to get one of those plastic squeeze lemon juice containers, which dispense drops, albeit much bigger than the MMS bottle's drops. But if lemon juice is really weaker than the citric acid solution, this is probably just fine, and all they have to do is drop by the supermarket (no pun intended).

Once again, isn't it 5 drops lemon/lime to 1 drop MMS? Are you saying

it is better to use 10 drops activator?

Thanks,

Ballady

>

> If you are using 10 drops lemon juice to 1 drop MMS you are doing pretty

> good. The 5 to 1 ratio is what I use. Citric acid gives a stronger

effect,

> I think, simply because it's concentrated lemon juice. But if you

are using

> 10 drops of lemon juice that's pretty strong, so I believe you are

probably

> doing fine. And--so long as you get results--you are doing it

right. :-)

>

> Samala,

>

>

> -------Original Message-------

>

> Just how much of a difference in strength will citric acid vs lemon

juice make? I have so far, used only lemon juice, at about ten drops

per 1 mms, and I have gotten good results, and even having taken too

much, too fast. The lemon juice seems very strong to me. Am I

shortchanging my efforts?

>

I think its - 5 drops lemon juice minimum to 1 drop mms. Extra is okay. Am I correct?

[ ] Re: First Dose

Once again, isn't it 5 drops lemon/lime to 1 drop MMS? Are you sayingit is better to use 10 drops activator?Thanks,Ballady>> If you are using 10 drops lemon juice to 1 drop MMS you are doing pretty> good. The 5 to 1 ratio is what I use. Citric acid gives a strongereffect,> I think, simply because it's concentrated lemon juice. But if youare using> 10 drops of lemon juice that's pretty strong, so I believe you areprobably> doing fine. And--so long as you get results--you are doing itright. :-)> > Samala,> > > -------Original Message----- --> > Just how much of a

difference in strength will citric acid vs lemonjuice make? I have so far, used only lemon juice, at about ten dropsper 1 mms, and I have gotten good results, and even having taken toomuch, too fast. The lemon juice seems very strong to me. Am Ishortchanging my efforts?>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

I agree, it is basic chemistry. When a reaction is complete, then anything left over simply remains unchanged. And a little more lemon juice won't hurt anyone, in fact it's very good for you. Thanks for the comment Bob, I was thinking the same thing myself, and you have solidified my thinking for me! Very good!

Cheers,

G.

[sPAM][ ] Re: First Dose

The amount of activator should not matter so long as it is enough to activate the MMS. Any extra would not affect the reaction.Bob> >> > If you are using 10 drops lemon juice to 1 drop MMS you are doing pretty> > good. The 5 to 1 ratio is what I use. Citric acid gives a stronger> effect,> > I think, simply because it's concentrated lemon juice. But if you> are using> > 10 drops of lemon juice that's pretty strong, so I believe you are> probably> > doing fine. And--so long as you get results--you are doing it> right. :-)> > > > Samala,> > > > > > -------Original Message----- --> > > > Just how much of a difference in strength will citric acid vs lemon> juice make? I have so far, used only lemon juice, at about ten drops> per 1 mms, and I have gotten good results, and even having taken too> much, too fast. The lemon juice seems very strong to me. Am I> shortchanging my efforts?> >> > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Search. http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

Hi Phil,

Using lemon or lime juice will do wonders to alkanize your pH. That's why I was glad to figure out that that using an excess of lemon or lime would not harm the reaction. In fact, that would make it simple for me to get back to a lemon-in-the-morning protocol, or apple cider vinegar for that matter, which is very healthy, though the MMS might kill off the healthy "mother", and I don't know how it would taste. But the lemon or lime juice would be really excellent--and it's exactly what the naturopaths, acupuncturists, and some nutritionists here (Australia) have recommended to assist in balancing the body's pH, the fastest way except for actual pH correction supplement from the health food store.

Cheers,

G.

[ ] Re: First DoseThe amount of activator should not matter so long as it is enough toactivate the MMS. Any extra would not affect the reaction.Bob>> I think its - 5 drops lemon juice minimum to 1 drop mms. Extra isokay. Am I correct?""I had a "food" intake that once made my body too acidic, so I changed my diet to a much more natural diet and I drink water that is quite strongly alkaline (10+ pH). I find (or at least I believe I do) that the activator - while it may not affect the reaction - does affect my body pH. I intend to use white vinegar instead of citric acid when I restart having MMS (to reduce the effects).I believe too that being acidic leads to alkaline atoms being withdrawn from my bones and tissues. I have already done too much of that. I am trying to replenish my body magnesium too.Have you (or others) any comments about these points?ThanksPhil

Just got back from vacation and reading my email.

I would like to know how adding an acid to your system can alkanize it.

To make something acidic alkaline I was taught that you would have to add an alkaline (base) not more acid.

To neutralize acid I use baking soda (a base) even in my hot tub. If the tub is to alkaline I add vinegar (an acid).

Is there something I'm missing?

-- Re: [ ] Re: First Dose

Hi Phil,

Using lemon or lime juice will do wonders to alkanize your pH.

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Jacque,We all wish you the very best. You are smart to slowly titrate up. See how you feel. Please stay in touch and let us know of your progress.Warm Regards,DestinyJacquelyn Redford <ComfyPawsPC@...> wrote: Hi all, Well, I took the plunge ;-)First dose of LDN 1.5 mg was last night. If I could I'd cross my fingers for good results! Many thanks to the members of this forum who took the time to provide so much info. You're greatly appreciated. Jacque (RA)