RemedySpot.com

Re: CS porus tooth enamel; fluoride. Remineralization. Worth furt

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have pitted teeth from fluoride. I grew up in South Houston Texas. Some dentists can just look at my teeth and know where I'm from. It has been embarrassing my whole life. I never smiled a smile that would show my teeth as a teenager, I also have a space between my front teeth. I did get bonding to cover the uneven color and some of the space, but I don't feel that I would have had much of a problem with either if I hadn't had both. People would ask. A lot of folks assume poor dental hygiene. Because of all the propaganda, my father still thinks I have the strongest teeth available, and maybe I do, cause despite the fact that they are noticeably pitted, I don't have many problems with them. It does make me wonder about my bones though... My bone density scans have been normal, whatever that means... When we were living in Japan, and my first daughter

was born they actually gave parents fluoride to supplement our children because we didn't have fluoride in the local water. So here were parents of newborns, administering fluoride. Wow. Can you believe they sell that crap in stores for infants?! I'm just amazed every time I see it. Good thing kids are so resilient. I don't do fluoride now. We use baking soda, sometimes peroxide, sometimes both. I have bought some toothpaste without fluoride recently for my 12 year old. I used toothpaste with fluoride for years, but don't feel that it's a good idea, for my family any longer...BTW we have well water. C

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

The HCV was taking its toll on my body, and my teeth began to get

cavities galore. I lost 2 teeth. The dentist asked me if I was

brushing, I said, certainly, he said, with fluoride, I said, heck no!

He said, You need fluoride to protect your teeth in your condition!

I started using fluoride toothpaste once a day a year ago, and non-

fluoride toothpaste once a day, and my teeth thank me. My mouth is not

getting any more cavities and I will continue to brush with fluoride

toothpaste. I actually had to get a fluoride rinse too. I made sure to

spit it all out and not swallow any.

Meanwhile, my son has fluoride mottling on his front teeth. He got it

after the dentist did the fluoride thingie with the retainer and the

gel. You can get too much.

Kathy