RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: My solutions to excess MMS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm not Kathy, but you can get EmergenC at stores like Walmart. It's a box of little packets that you empty into some water. Comes in many different flavors. I'm not fond of the flavors--tastes like Koolaid, which I never cared for, but that stuff does work!

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

Where do you get "EmergenC" from?

Is it a drink or a tablet? Is it available from most health food

stores? I am thinking I should get some to keep on hand...

What is AFAIC?

-- [ ] Re: My solutions to excess MMS

Kool-Aid? What flavor tastes like Kool-Aid?

We have our favorite: Tangerine.

Super Orange is pretty good, tastes more like Tang.

I tried others and Tangerine is the best, AFAIC

We also get the joint support formula.

Kathy

I've only tried the raspberry and tangerine. To me they taste like koolaid. Probably because they are not strong like pop flavor--more weak like koolaid. Plus there's no fizz after the first minute or so--like koolaid. When I first tried them I didn't like them at all, but now I can tolerate them. Just not fond of the taste. BUT--they do work great. I am just never sick--haven't had a cold or the flu in over 10 years. But if I do eat junk food for a few days in a row and get very exhausted by doing too much I will start to feel "punky". Normally, I take a 1000mg tablet of C every hour and by the next morning I feel normal. The other day I started feeling punky, yet had a meeting to go to that night, so I decided to try the EmergenC. I put 2 packets in at once, then 2 hours later another 2 packets at once. By the time I had to leave for the meeting I was feeling pretty good. When I got home I actually felt normal, but just in case I took 2 more packets and went to bed. The next morning I was fine.

So I think it is actually better to take the packets instead of just straight C--which has always been my preferred method of blocking illness. I was impressed enough with it that I'm putting my husband on them 3 times a day for his surgery recovery. I'm impressed enough with them (even though I'm not impressed with the flavors :-) that I think I will try the other ones--there's the joint repair and heart packets, right?

Oh--AFAIC--as far as I'm concerned

Samala,

What is AFAIC?

We have our favorite: Tangerine.

Super Orange is pretty good, tastes more like Tang.

I tried others and Tangerine is the best, AFAIC

Red, blue, green, purple...

Dan

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of KatSent: Friday, February 08, 2008 12:26 AM Subject: [ ] Re: My solutions to excess MMS

We have our favorite: Tangerine.Super Orange is pretty good, tastes more like Tang.I tried others and Tangerine is the best, AFAICWe also get the joint support formula.Kathy

I find the tangerine more tolerable if I use warm water to make it!! Which is weird for me considering I never drink anything warm or hot. I like all my drinks cold or room temp

Do you feel like the joint compound in the packets actually do anything for the joints? I saw joint and heart and just thought--hmmm, I wonder if they just did that so they could increase their product base, or if it actually is as good for joints or heart as Wayne says the regular is for basic health.

Samala,

You're right about the raspberry, it is rather bland.

I've found that with the tangerine, I add 6-8 oz of water and drink it

right after it stops fizzing.

I suppose I could do that--but when I want to take the EmergenC I don't want to have to dig out juice. Even if it doesn't taste good to me, it is easy to just pour in a few ounces of water, dump in the packet and down it.

Do you not realize that taste is a personal issue? Just because they don't taste bad to YOU doesn't mean they don't taste bad to me. And I didn't say they were horrible, just that I didn't like them.

Samala,

Why not just drink Emergen-C with orange juice? None of them taste

bad at all, what do you want?

I haven't tried anything but the tangerine and raspberry. I went to CostCo today and all they have is a box with both flavors. That's it. But it was cheaper there than even in Walmart. Seems to be even most websites that I have found stick to Walmart's price. I do know that Walmart has other flavors, so next time I need some I intend to try them all out--maybe I'll hit one I like. Lol

Actually, both flavors remind me of Alka Seltzer Plus. I use to drink that when I felt a cold coming on, or if I actually got a cold (I use to do that, but not any more :-) It was great stuff. Horrid taste, but it would actually last for 4 hours and make you feel as if you didn't have a cold at all, even if you were in the middle of one! But after a couple years it quit working for me. So I don't know if I got use to it or they actually changed their formula. I've heard other people say it stopped working for them too. Anyway, the smell when you first dump an EmergenC into the water is the same smell that Akla Plus use to have! Maybe it was just what ever they use to make them fizz?

Samala,

Have you tried the new flavor, ACAI?

I'm sorry, but I truly cannot stomach it.

But my hubby and son thought it was great.

It reminds me of liquid penicillin. I think it's the black currant

juice in it.