RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Lyme Disease article using herbs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thank you for your comments, Selma. A lot of what you have to say may be worth considering when using these or other herbs but we also need to keep in mind that you are sensitive to them and others may not be. I like the way the people in this group are willing to experiment so we might hear more on this subject. Helen selmanaka <hardynaka@...> wrote: Helen, this is my first post here.Thanks for the article. But this one brings nothing really new, it's just the same 'old' herbs being 'revisited'. And in my humble opinion, whole herbs are MUCH superior than most of preparations based on herbs. I totally disagree that alcohol tinctures are best (except for some plants) or that preparations will work better. First, whole herbs are safer; second, cheaper; third without additives that can (and often cause) allergic/ sensitivity reactions to lyme sufferers. Alcohol can cause bad reactions to many lyme sufferers. Even artemisinin, the only herbal preparation I took, didn't do the job of elliminating babesia completely. And besides, herxes were horrible.I would never forget Buhner's herbs too, the 'magical'

combination of andrographis (for the ones that can accept it), cats claw, stephania, smilax, Japanese knotweed and astragalus.Another caution: with coptis, an extremely strong herb, never to be taken without extreme care in the minimum amounts possible.I had chronic lyme, had been reinfected about a year ago, and battled this disease mostly with herbs (to 98% or so). I had loads of co-infections, they're all gone (or in remission, who knows?). I was in full remission for the last months, but got an EM rash recently. Little sleep and super active during the day for the last months, I guess this brought lyme back? I'm again battling it with herbs, but I got again symptomless. Smilax was the herb I used/use less, because my body doesn't react well with it (at least, not in the last 1.5 years). That's the herb this author mostly recommend! We're all different!I have ALL herbs that are mentioned

below in this article and the only one I havent' tried/ havent' got at home is asploidis. I'm going to take a look at it.Phellodendron was one of my favorites during acute infection and another magic one were gardenia fruits, not mentioned in the article. The secret was the right combination, the right schedule, and continuous change of amounts/ herbs. Herbs are very difficult to use for lyme and coinfections, especially for the people with brain fog. The schedule is crazy, it's a 100% time job. And nothing works without thorough cleansing, not at least with lyme, babesia and fungi! In my experience.I'm now looking for a solution for my pre-lyme skin fungi, that's why I came to this list. I wonder if I'll start with MMS one day, but I'm still scared as I'm very sensitive to even herbs.Selma> > From an article about Treating Lyme Disease with herbs ...by Luke Terry> >

This complicated clinical picture requires the deft use of herbs. The patient experiences both strong excesses (the pathogen), and potentially deep immune system deficiencies. Thus the treatment may be best approached with custom-blended medicinals. However, due to reasons of cost and convenience, commercially available, pre-prepared herbal supplements, or "patent" preparations may supplement or substitute for custom-blended powdered or raw herb formulas.> > To begin with, a list of herbs that have been found to be medically effective against various spirochetes including borrelia bergdorferi is as follows: Coptis (huang lian), Scute (huang qin), Phellodendron (huang bai), Forsythia (lian qiao), Isatis root (ban lan gen), Isatis leaf (da qing ye), Andrographis (chuan xin lian), Smilax Glabra(tu fu ling), Asploidis (zhi zi), and Artemesia Annua (qing hao). Of these herbals, all are strong heat-clearing herbs with

well-demonstrated antibacterial qualities. Chief among this group is artemesia annua (qing hao), showing an incredible effectiveness against malaria, another insect-born, though very different pathogen. In particular, an active ingredient called arteanuin is used alone as a western treatment for malaria. Many malaria experts believe this "drug" combats malaria more effectively than any man-made drug currently available.> > This herb is readily available as a concentrated patent formula (Health Concerns, Artestatin). Others such as Forsythia (lian qiao), Isatis roots & leaves (ban lan gen & da qing ye), and Andrographis (chuan xin lian), are well-demonstrated against leptospirosis, and are readily available in balanced patent formulas. Of all of the above listed herbs, the best single herb is probably tu fu ling. This herb, Smilax Glabra, is perhaps the most gentle, most neutral and least damaging

to the body. The "atmospheric qualities" of Smilax Glabra, or the way that the herb affects the body's condition globally, are categorized as sweet and neutral, meaning it is both gentle and nourishing. Smilax has shown to be profoundly effective against both leptospirosis (in large clinical trials) and against LD (by clinical experience). Unfortunately, there are few if any commercial preparations of Smilax Glabra, despite its profound effectiveness and mild nature. It appears that Smilax Glabra is> underappreciated as a medicinal agent.> > In the realm of patents, for acute phase, massive doses of Yin Qiao San are appropriate, as it contains Forsythia (lian qiao), and its usage fits the initial pattern of disease. Far East Summit's alcohol preparation would be an excellent choice, as the alcohol would drive the medicine into the channels and tissues. In addition, Artestatin from Health Concerns presents

itself as a very effective medicinal agent, as its concentration and aromatic preservation are excellent. It also contains Coptis (huang lian,) and a number of balancing herbs, too long to be listed here, to balance the cold, draining qualities of Artemeseia (qing hao) and Coptis (huang lian).> > In the early stage, this may be enough to arrest the development of the LD pathogen and cure the disease. If symptoms are still developing, another more tonifying formula, one which still contains a strong complement of the heat-clearing antispirochetal herbs, would likely result in much better clinical outcomes. Specifically, Astra Isatis from Health Concerns contains plenty of tonics for qi, blood, yin, and yang, in addition to its chief herbs, Isatis (ban lan gen and da qing ye). This formulation derives its punch from using the roots and leaves of the Isatis plant.> > A compelling body of evidence

exists demonstrating the significant potential of tu fu ling, or smilax glabra, also known as sarsparilla, in treating spirochetal diseases. It is the author's hope that manufacturers of quality Oriental herbal products will notice this market opportunity, and create a product to serve the many patients suffering from Lyme disease and its coinfections.> > End of article> > To see the full article, go to http://www.naturalnews.com/022820.html> > > Acid Reflux? Constipation? Total body cleanse! More Energy..Look younger..ImproveLungs/Brain Make $$$$s! www.holyteaclub.com/zhebee Helen, Ind Rep for HTC 604-420-1544

Guest guest

Just from my personal experience with the Buhner Herbs: My daughter and I used the tinctures sold on www.biopureus.Com because of the ease of use for several months. They worked great for us while we used them. We only stopped using them because of the expense (although this is not as much an issue with whole herbs sold in bulk) and the fact that MMS and salt/c are easier to use than the herbs.

-- [ ] Re: Lyme Disease article using herbs

Helen, from my experience, many (if not most) lyme sufferers are

sensitive or become sensitive with the years. Allergies and chemical

senstivities, the way people herx and have to stop stronger medicines/

plants/ chemicals is a sign of how common this is, in my opinion.

Buhner, an experienced herbalist, suggests whole herbs whenever

possible, because they're easier for our bodies to accept. Millions of

chemicals help balance themselves and we get less (or no) side effects

many times. Not only for lyme sufferers, but for any healthy condition,

that's what HE suggests clearly.

He's so far one of the few professionals that I respect, and one of the

reason is that he's got absolutely no interest in selling things he

proposes.

So it's not only 'me' suggesting whole herbs only!

I'm a bit skeptic about the patenting of chemical components of plants/

herbs, in 'general'.

I tried literally HUNDREDS of different herbs and preparations to get

rid of lyme and co-infections in the last 3 years. I usually vote

for 'whole herb'! Speaking for myself, of course!

Selma

>

>

> Thank you for your comments, Selma. A lot of what you

> have to say may be worth considering when using these

> or other herbs but we also need to keep in mind that you

> are sensitive to them and others may not be. I like the

> way the people in this group are willing to experiment so

> we might hear more on this subject.

>

> Helen

>

>

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Hi Selma,

When I started the herbs I only had bartonella and maybe lyme (not sure). This winter my husband gave me his babesia. So I have been in one long continual herx all winter from all these infections. But I do feel I have made quite a dent in the bartonella, much of it thanks to the herbs and salt/c. My mood is so much better. I fell sane again.

Sorry I cannot give a definitive answer for this. But all these infections really muddy the water, so to speak. I just know the MMS works so well that I have to be careful when I take my salt/c or the herxing is absolutley unbearable. So I take the MMS at night and the salt/c during the day.

-- [ ] Re: Lyme Disease article using herbs

, you're right, herbs work well only in combination (at least

for lyme and coinfections).

I used many of the biopure tinctures too.

Andrographis tincture work MUCH less well than pure herb (I used both

for me and daughter),even if they work a bit, I agree.

Andrographolides (the main killer chemical in andrographis) are not

very well alcohol-soluble.

Samento tincture, it helped my daughter better than whole herb and

whole herb tincture. But for me, whole herb tincture (homemade) and

whole herb worked MUCH better and for much longer. For a fraction of

the price!

Japanese knotweed tincture, not a good idea according to Buhner. I

did decoctions and took the powder. Worked WONDERFUL for brain

inflamation and bartonella.

PC-Noni tincture: worked like magic for babesia cysts once, but

didn't do the trick the second time I caught babesia.

I can't remember other tinctures.

For me, the relation price-effectiveness usually DON'T stand (to use

products like these ones in comparison to whole herbs). Even if

Biopure has very high quality products, I agree.

Only the garlic preparation Biopure sells, the frozen garlic pills,

these are certainly the MOST potent garlic preparations I ever tried

(and I tried quite a lot, I swear). These are amazing, work very well

for acute phase of infection/ or when the infection load is too high.

Glad to know that MMS work AS well in your opinion!!!

I never took MMS because the herbs did the job for lyme/

coinfections. But so far, I didn't have success with herbs and fungi,

that's why I'm here!

Do you feel there are more side effects with MMS than with Biopure

tinctures? Or more or less the same?

Thanks.

Selma

>

> Just from my personal experience with the Buhner Herbs: My

daughter and I

> used the tinctures sold on www.biopureus.Com because of the ease of

use for

> several months. They worked great for us while we used them. We

only

> stopped using them because of the expense (although this is not as

much an

> issue with whole herbs sold in bulk) and the fact that MMS and

salt/c are

> easier to use than the herbs.

>

>

>

>

========================================================================

Groups related to

========================================================================

(101 common members)

?v=1 & t=ipt & ch=email & pub=groups & slk=aftr0 & sec=recg

Health & Wellness/Alternative Medicine: The idea is to use a small battery safely against ...

candidiasis (75 common members)

candidiasis?v=1 & t=ipt & ch=email & pub=groups & slk=aftr1 & sec=recg

Diseases and Conditions/Yeast Infections: Candida, Candidiasis, Yeast infections. Your Sympt...

Beck-n-stuff (74 common members)

Beck-n-stuff?v=1 & t=ipt & ch=email & pub=groups & slk=aftr2 & sec=recg

Health & Wellness/Alternative Medicine: This is for discussion of Beck type blood electrif...

Alternative-Medicine-Forum (59 common members)

Alternative-Medicine-Forum?v=1 & t=ipt & ch=email & pub=groups & slk=aftr3 & sec=recg

Health & Wellness/Alternative Medicine: Welcome to Alternative Medicine Forum Join us in e...

------------------------------------