RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Possible dental abscess; TMJ trick

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Have been looking for the original post from a while back where someone once told me a manoeuvre to fix TMJ, but can't find it. So I will pass on what I remember, but without the reasons or any extras.

Put your finger in your mouth between the cheek and the teeth way up at the back near your wisdom teeth.

Press the skin of your gums there and find a sore spot. Press or massage that.

Sorry I can't remember the rationale. I used the method on my left jaw, and have been free of TMJ problems since. I'd had jaw problems ever since lockjaw at about age 11 (over half a century).

Had coffee and a piece of toasted fruit bread about half an hour ago. Opened my jaw wide, probably, chomped down, and squealed out loud. Blow me down if the RIGHT jaw hadn't gone and partially dislocated, or something. I couldn't shut my jaw again.

I did the above manoeuvre on it, and I can now close the jaw, after having wriggled it past the crunching, grinding and painful bits.

Why not try this before your next dental adventure? When I was doing my research on TMJ I came to the conclusion that the dentists were not the people to consult on this, and I didn't actually come away with a high opinion of all these guards. A cluey bone fixer might be a better bet, if you can find one. But try the pressing-the-sore-spot trick first.

R

The next dentist told me that they cause problems for many people and he never uses them any more. That dentist said I need a protector that covers all the teeth, and it has to create just the right alignment for the jaw joint to relax. I think I'll have to go ahead and do that. I feel like avoiding all dentists forever so have put it off.