Guest guest

Marc;

Thanks for sharing a fascinating story with us. I'm sure many of us can

recall patients over the years that had similar mysterious profiles and

didn't fit the picture of the ususal lumbar disc patient. Best of luck with

the procedure.

Les

• 3 years later...

I sure wouldn't invest money in a company that produced a device that produced an average 1.3 point drop in pain.

D Freeman Mailing address: 1230 Liberty St NE Salem, OR 97303 503 586-0127 fax 503 763-3582 cell 503 871-0715

-----Original Message-----From: simpsondc@... [mailto:simpsondc@...]Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 2:23 PM ; CFSgroup Subject: IDETHello OR DCs and others,More on IDET...Vol 18, No. 7 (Jul '03) of The Back Letter reports two papers (unpublished) presented at the ISSLS meeting in Vancouver BC this summer...A Texas study of 64 subjects showed a 2.4 point improvement on VAS (37 subjects in the treatment group) compared to 1.1 point improvement w/ sham IDET (27 controls) at 6 months. The lead author (in a classic "half-full vs. half-empty" turn of phrase) noted, "It is up to individual clinicians to determine if a 2.4 difference in pain scores is clinically significant or not...?" Failing to note the real difference (procedure vs. sham) is more like 1.3 points on the VAS.A trial from Australia randomly allocated 38 subjects to IDET and 19 to a sham-IDET and compared clinically significant outcomes measured at 6 months by the Low Back Pain Outcome Score, three subscales of the SF-36, Zung, MSQ and the absence of any neurological deficit caused by the IDET. "no subject in either treatment arm met the criteria for a successful clinical outcome..."There is a bit more methodological detail in the newsletter article. If you are interested, I can fax it to you.C SimpsonOregonDCs rules:1. Keep correspondence professional; the purpose of the listserve is to foster communication and collegiality. No personal attacks on listserve members will be tolerated.2. Always sign your e-mails with your first and last name.3. The listserve is not secure; your e-mail could end up anywhere. However, it is against the rules of the listserve to copy, print, forward, or otherwise distribute correspondence written by another member without his or her consent, unless all personal identifiers have been removed.

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

Hey Mike your the first person I have met who even knows what an IDET is, much

less actually having had one done. I had mine done March 2003, 5 years ago.

How did yours go? Mine ended being a failure, I was very bummed. I had high

hopes for mine.

Deanna - CA.

Sent from my iPhone